• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

6 minutes ago, XtunaStan said:

I mean didn't she say she kinda felt inspired by FN?

There was a report in Nov 2020 that she was planning a “feel good” album inspired by new artists like Dua which was too specific. I wouldn’t be surprised. 

TOP TIER 

1. Summer Renaissance 

2. Virgo's Groove

3. Move

4. Alien Superstar

5. All Up In Your Mind

6. Cuff It

7. Cozy

BOP CITY

8. Thique 

9. Pure/Honey

10. Church Girl

IF YOU LOVE IT, I LOVE IT

11. Plastic Off The Sofa

12. America Has A Problem

13. Break My Soul

KEEP IT
14. Heated

15. I'm That Girl

16. Energy 

The outro to America Has A Problem is just :jonny2: I think it’s becoming my favorite track. Im genuinely shocked that it’s turning out to be at the bottom of her most streamed tracks on AM so far. America truly DOES have a problem ig

no-bugs-bunny.gif

Didn’t have time to listen until last night. Verdicts in and she’s fuckin done it again :jonny4: So different from what she’s done before yet so good and inventive. The one thing I am kinda missing is more memorable choruses that stay with you. Overall my immediate reaction is a solid 8.5/10  :worship2:

That Spotify update has me on edge :duca:

Edited by Destiny

Some gripes

-Cuff it after Alien Superstar is too abrupt of a mood change-  could have been re-arranged to Cuff it arriving around Virgo's Grove
-The Outro to heated deserves to be its own song on a more aggressive, house beat.

-The Melody that peaks at the end of cozy is gorgeous, maybe it could have been played with more/sequenced into its own song.
-Honey/Pure are way too distinct sonically, they should be separate songs

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

OK, so we probably know how much the album did. 

How many streams Bad Bunny had yesterday? We need to subtract 10million from that, and that will probably be the number. 

Ok, so the album probably did 45m-50m.

More than that and she would've been the #1 artist 

11 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

OK, so we probably know how much the album did. 

How many streams Bad Bunny had yesterday? We need to subtract 10million from that, and that will probably be the number. 

Someone on twitter said he did 70 million, but idk how true that is.

Edited by GodSaveTheQueen

I've followed every Beyonce era closely since 4. This is the most exciting since Self Titled. It's also amazing to me how many people on this forum doubt her power.

I remember people saying she was over after the underperformance of 4 and her lowest opening week studio numbers as a solo act.

In 2013 people were saying she was scared to release again after seemingly false starts with Grown Woman (Pepsi Commercial) and Standing on the Sun (H&M Commercial). She literally blew that theory up with a surprise release (unheard of) as an iTunes exclusive (unheard of) on a Friday (unheard of) with 3 days of sales (unheard of) after all the year-end "best of 2013" lists had come out (unheard of). At the end of 3 days of sales, she had her fourth solo studio album No.1 with 617,000 sales. After 18 days of sales, she ended 2013 with the best selling female album and the 8th best selling album of the year. So much for her being over.

Fast forward to 2022. A new decade and a new music landscape, they said. Everything is Love, Homecoming and The Gift showed that she was over, they said. She needed to get last minute features to get a top 10 Billboard hit, they said. She was too old for radio, they said. 

Here we are, in the fourth decade of her career, and she is absolutely dominating Apple Music. It's pretty ******* inspiring stuff for all of us. The lesson is to learn, to grow, to challenge yourself and you can achieve great things, no matter what the haters say or think. Powerful stuff.

Renaissance is between 40 and 50 million streams. It could be lower, but that's unlike. Higher than that, also unlike. Otherwise she would be the #1 artist if we add the streams of her catalogue. 

She had more streams yesterday than Taylor (31 million) and less than Benito (65million) 

1 minute ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

Someone on twitter said he did 70 million, but idk how true that is.

That's not possible. She would be the #1 artist on Spotify with those numbers. 

1 hour ago, Augmented said:

I think it was just a coincidence tbh but yeah let me be delusional and pretend Dua got a shoutout on the album :gayalipacat1:

It was INTENTIONAL :gayalipacat1: Dua and Abel on Renaissance (Enlightenment Edition)

19 minutes ago, Destiny said:

À but disappointed she overtake didn't take Bad Bunny but it's about longevity. But wow he is a monster. 

So probably 35-40M.

Edited by BnPac

Bad Bunny did 66m yesterday. So she did less that that + her catalogue also moves around 8m streams.

1 minute ago, Badgalbriel said:

Not Bey, Bad Bunny did that which is why Bey didn’t reach #1

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Renaissance is between 40 and 50 million streams. It could be lower, but that's unlike. Higher than that, also unlike. Otherwise she would be the #1 artist if we add the streams of her catalogue. 

She had more streams yesterday than Taylor (31 million) and less than Benito (65million) 

Benito is pulling 74M on Fridays

2 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

He's talking about BB. 

1 minute ago, GodSaveTheQueen said:

Not Bey, Bad Bunny did that which is why Bey didn’t reach #1

So she did anything between 40 and 60 million. 

Edited by Badgalbriel

41 minutes ago, BGKC said:

The outro to America Has A Problem is just :jonny2: I think it’s becoming my favorite track. Im genuinely shocked that it’s turning out to be at the bottom of her most streamed tracks on AM so far. America truly DOES have a problem ig

no-bugs-bunny.gif

!!! :jonny:

That outro takes me to outer space every single time. A SONG. :jonny: