• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

51 minutes ago, abeille said:

1 more song and she'll be occupying the top 10 in entirety. Mind you, this woman was making hits in 1997. :deadbanana4:

To see her compete like this on a global scale at this point in her career is just insane to me as a day 1 stan.

1cf59ad2fcb2933ab09083dd939cf375.jpg

36c80d972159530cd905dc87412c758ecacc9657

beyonce-grammy-awards-7-2000.jpg

04022021_mj_beyonce.jpg

gettyimages-90718493-1566574013.jpg?crop

mgid:ao:image:mtv.com:207223?height=1012

_88160320_88160319.jpg

11-beyonce-coachella-live-2018-billboard

Beyonce-Renaissance-Album-Review-POPSUGA

• ATRL Moderator
53 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I have very few complaints about this fabulous record, but putting Cuff It after Alien Superstar doesn’t make sense. Alien Superstar is such a dark, atmospheric vibe, whereas Cuff It sounds very celebratory and vibrant with some old-school vibes. It’s such a jarring transition and ruins the vibe the first few songs set. I feel like Cuff It belongs with Plastic Off the Sofa and Virgo’s Groove instead. 

agreed

Pos P+ Artist - Title
1 NEW
Beyoncé - I'M THAT GIRL
2 NEW
Beyoncé - ALIEN SUPERSTAR
3 NEW
Beyoncé - COZY
4 +20
Beyoncé - BREAK MY SOUL
5 NEW
Beyoncé - CUFF IT
6 NEW
Beyoncé - CHURCH GIRL
7 NEW
Beyoncé - ENERGY
8 NEW
Beyoncé - PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA
9 NEW
Beyoncé - VIRGO'S GROOVE
10 -9
Future - WAIT FOR U (feat. Drake & Tems)
11 -8
Bad Bunny & Chencho Corleone - Me Porto Bonito
12 -10
Drake - Jimmy Cooks (feat. 21 Savage)
13 NEW
Beyoncé - THIQUE
14 NEW
Beyoncé - HEATED
15 NEW
Beyoncé - MOVE
16 -11
Bad Bunny - Tití Me Preguntó
17 -13
Steve Lacy - Bad Habit
18 NEW
Beyoncé - PURE/HONEY
19 NEW
Beyoncé - ALL UP IN YOUR MIND
20 NEW
Beyoncé - AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM

The disrespect!

Eyes on you when you perform 

eyes on I when I perform 

unique!

90d38e980d25ff0180b99aa26e8f77f9.gif90d38e980d25ff0180b99aa26e8f77f9.gif

I’m That Girl will probably fall from #1 overnight, it’s not that good as Alien Superstar which reminds me of Gaga track. Neither are my favorite though. Cuff It reminds me of some MJ/Off The Wall ****. Super into that 70s sound. Energy is annoying but that transition into Break My Soul is very clever. Church Girl is ADDICTING and I hope it goes viral on TikTok, it definitely could.

The way 'Cuff It' would fit right into 4 with the retro production and soaring vocals :jonny2:

Not too much on I’m that girl 

THESE MFS AINT STOPPING ME 

QueenofCopyPaste

This week on the Hot 100

#1/2. Lizzo/Harry (248-251 points)

#6. Break My Soul (155-160 points)

Album release week:

Break My Soul  top 3 peak is a given

Edited by QueenofCopyPaste

10 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

To see her compete like this on a global scale at this point in her career is just insane to me as a day 1 stan.

04022021_mj_beyonce.jpg

_88160320_88160319.jpg

S

Repeatedly proving that she's in a league of her own and STILL part of the conversation 25 years in. :jonny5:

I was not feeling this album at all. Like I was almost done with it and I had only truly enjoyed and liked Cuff It and BMS and then she ended with a 1-2-3-4-5 punch :jonny5:

I was in awe from start to finish with Summer Renaissance, the way is so clearly recognizable and at the same time so unique. Deserves to be the biggest hit of the album. And Thique oh wow, oh wow it’s gonna go hard in the clubs. 

"Break My Soul" really just gets lost in the shuffle, probably my least favorite lead single from her.  

"Alien Superstar" is gorgeous tho, I get why her label was excited about that one. 

1 hour ago, QueenBLadyG said:

The Dream tweeted the visuals are a "movie". I think Netflix will premiere the Act 1 visual film. 

I forgot she had that Netflix deal. Wasn’t it for 3 projects, which already includes Homecoming?

Plastic Off The Sofa is definitely going to be a grower, so many different ranges in vocals and that production it carries into Virgo’s Groove. Smoothest transition on the album yet. Heard Virgo’s Groove earlier, but it also that 1970s vibe. I feel like I’m tripping off a**d listening to it. One of my favorite’s so far though it’s too long. Move is very meh, besides Cozy, it is my least favorite track so far, it clearly interpolates Cardi’s “Press” which is eye-rolling at points. HEATED AND THIQUE BACK TO BACK LIKE THAT THOUGH WHEW. BEST TWO TRACKS. All Up In Your Mind is okay, forgettable. AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM might be one of her best tracks, very FKA Twigs-que. Pure/Honey will be a grower, I prefer Honey over Pure. SUMMER RENAISSANCE I was tired. Overall, I will play this a lot for the rest of the summer. The album is 7/10. Very club-inspired, fun, uplifting. It is her most experimental project yet and the fact this is a total solo project is even more impressive. Only 3-4 skips or “fillers” imo (Cozy, Energy, Move, All Up In Your Mind).

Genius Lyrics Chart:

1. Alien Superstar

2. I'm That Girl

3. Church Girl

4. Cozy

5. Energy

7. Cuff It

8. Heated

9. Thique

10. Virgo's Groove

After listening in my car for the first time, HEATED is officially my favorite :jonny: the way it was barely in my top ten before then..

Yeah, soooo... 

this album is f**king amazing. those who get it, get it, those who don't, are missing out! Honestly every track you could argue is a highlight, but Virgo's Groove, Alien Superstar, America has a problem, summer renaissance are huge highlights for me.

10/10 album

I have played this absolutely all day long

I didn't care for the last album, but this is something far more superior. :heart::hippo:

4 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

Yeah, soooo... 

this album is f**king amazing. those who get it, get it, those who don't, are missing out! Honestly every track you could argue is a highlight, but Virgo's Groove, Alien Superstar, America has a problem, summer renaissance are huge highlights for me.

10/10 album

Your taste. :gaycat:

I’ve been so into the album & enjoying it so much I didn’t realize how long a lot of the songs actually are. The way they build I don’t notice the length of the song because it keeps my attention the whole way through. The harmonies & BG vocals on this album are insane. :WAP:

The girls who don’t get it are truly missing out. 
:pool:

I like every song here. But that run from Thique -> Summer Renaissance makes my jaw drop every time. 10, 10, 10, 10, 10. It's overwhelming.

I’m obsessed with Alien Superstar rn :jonnycat: great album overall.

57 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

04022021_mj_beyonce.jpg

_88160320_88160319.jpg

Beyonce-Renaissance-Album-Review-POPSUGA

I think what so many of yall esp from the TRL gen who grew up with Bey (I didnt, was born 2001) is that no one ever really thinks Beyoncé is 'old'.

Sure they think Bey has been here for a LONGGG time but they dont really go out of their way and think 'shes too old to be doing this ****', Bey has been and STILL is THE female pop culture tour de force! Her reclusion and mystery has only boosted interest in her actual musical output and it shows!

In many ways, streamjng and Gen Z have also began resisting the idea of ageism esp bc Radio is starting to lose influence in what ppl want to listen to, now Tiktok basically decides what Radio plays and Tiktok obviously ADORES bey!

The way this album works so well in the gym as well :jonny:multifunctional