Beyoncé - 'RENAISSANCE'

Devin

I have very few complaints about this fabulous record, but putting Cuff It after Alien Superstar doesn’t make sense. Alien Superstar is such a dark, atmospheric vibe, whereas Cuff It sounds very celebratory and vibrant with some old-school vibes. It’s such a jarring transition and ruins the vibe the first few songs set. I feel like Cuff It belongs with Plastic Off the Sofa and Virgo’s Groove instead. 

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

The Dream tweeted the visuals are a "movie". I think Netflix will premiere the Act 1 visual film. 

the fact that I've been holding on from listening to this because I have 0 energy and I really want to enjoy this is infuriating :deadbanana4: I wanna be in the right headspace for my first listen

7 minutes ago, Hivy said:

Why no one is talking about the transition from I'm That Girl to Cozy? :jonnycat:

"These motherfuckas in stopping me....this is a reminder." 

She was preparing us for slayage omg :jonny:

The whole song serves as a warning for what we're about to experience with this album. That's why it's so sleek and mysterious. 

QueenofCopyPaste

where is TEMS on MOVE? cant hear ha.

3 hours ago, 50thStateofMind said:
1 NEW
Beyoncé - I'M THAT GIRL
2 NEW
Beyoncé - ALIEN SUPERSTAR
3 NEW
Beyoncé - COZY
4 +20
Beyoncé - BREAK MY SOUL
5 NEW
Beyoncé - CUFF IT
6 NEW
Beyoncé - CHURCH GIRL
7 NEW
Beyoncé - ENERGY
8 NEW
Beyoncé - PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA
9 -8
Future - WAIT FOR U (feat. Drake & Tems)
10 NEW
Beyoncé - VIRGO'S GROOVE
11 -9
Drake - Jimmy Cooks (feat. 21 Savage)
12 -9
Bad Bunny & Chencho Corleone - Me Porto Bonito
13 NEW
Beyoncé - THIQUE
14 NEW
Beyoncé - HEATED
15 NEW
Beyoncé - MOVE
16 -12
Steve Lacy - Bad Habit
17 -12
Bad Bunny - Tití Me Preguntó
18 NEW
Beyoncé - PURE/HONEY
19 NEW
Beyoncé - ALL UP IN YOUR MIND
20 NEW
Beyoncé - AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM
21 NEW
Beyoncé - SUMMER RENAISSANCE

What chart?

Thinking Of You
12 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

I have very few complaints about this fabulous record, but putting Cuff It after Alien Superstar doesn’t make sense. Alien Superstar is such a dark, atmospheric vibe, whereas Cuff It sounds very celebratory and vibrant with some old-school vibes. It’s such a jarring transition and ruins the vibe the first few songs set. I feel like Cuff It belongs with Plastic Off the Sofa and Virgo’s Groove instead. 

I agree with this. Pure/Honey, Virgo’s Grove, Cuff It, Plastic Off the Sofa, and Summer Renaissance (in that order) should’ve been at the beginning of the album, then Alien Superstar and then the atmospheric, house, electronic music from the rest of the album. It would’ve made more sense.

The way everyone just completely forgot about “Break My Soul” even though it’s the 1 song that has any kind of chance at hitting #1 next week :rip:. Song is kinda mid anyway, there is MUCH better songs on the album as is 

When Alien Superstar dethrones I’m That Girl on AM US and they both peak at #1 which BMS didn’t even do :lmao: a gag 

Just now, Bears01 said:

The way everyone just completely forgot about “Break My Soul” even though it’s the 1 song that has any kind of chance at hitting #1 next week :rip:. Song is kinda mid anyway, there is MUCH better songs on the album as is 

Everyone streaming it rn with the album will help its numbers a lot though. :clap3:  We aren’t getting a video right now anyway so hopefully it can get a cute new peak

QueenofCopyPaste

is that her on the end of HEATED?!

she sounds like AZEALIA BANKS :deadbanana4:

Just now, Doogle said:

Everyone streaming it rn with the album will help its numbers a lot though. :clap3:  We aren’t getting a video right now anyway so hopefully it can get a cute new peak

I can definitely see it going #3 or #2! 

Just now, QueenofCopyPaste said:

is that her on the end of HEATED?!

she sounds like AZEALIA BANKS :deadbanana4:

Yeah it’s her

QueenofCopyPaste
Just now, smoothkarmel said:

Yeah it’s her

sounds like she's mocking HER! (AZEALIA) :laugh: :rofl:

Just now, sillycilla said:

I love BMS still! And wish it got the video/promo it deserved for #1

There’s a good chance it’s going #1 even without a video.

QueenofCopyPaste
1 minute ago, Timber said:

There’s a good chance it’s going #1 even without a video.

Not sure

it needs at least 100 points 

A remix of I'M THAT GIRL featuring a moody verse from a female rapper if it gets pushed as a single once the first song hype dies down...

Track_24_7.gif

EDIT: Actually. A thought just came over me. Could you imagine Bjork all over this track? Those haunting wails and aching tone. Holy ****.

Track_24_7.gif

Edited by QueenBLadyG

9 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

sounds like she's mocking HER! (AZEALIA) :laugh: :rofl:

She sounds like one of the ballroom MCs, which is who AB be sounding like imo!

Im so obsessed with this album---- already in my top most played of the year after two days---

17 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

A remix of I'M THAT GIRL featuring a moody verse from a female rapper if it gets pushed as a single once the first song hype dies down...

Track_24_7.gif

EDIT: Actually. A thought just came over me. Could you imagine Bjork all over this track? Those haunting wails and aching tone. Holy ****.

Track_24_7.gif

I thought it was oddly reminiscent of Bjork's earlier work too. That's partly why it works so well for me.