X-Tina vs Beyoncé: Better Artistry?

Scotland

?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• X-Tina.
    • Beyoncé.

Which pop girl exhibited better artistry throughout her career?

Was it Legend X with B2B, Stripped and etc..

or Beyoncé with her later albums?

Stream Christina Aguilera Vs. Beyonce & Sean Paul - Can't Hold The Baby Boy  Down (Dj Mauro Bootleg 2016) by Dj-Mauro-Bootlegs | Listen online for free  on SoundCloud

Tumblr: Image

Xtina has artistry? :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, HausofArtpopII said:

Xtina definitely has artistry and range. lets not kid ourselves. but she's in no way close to being in the same class of artistry when it comes to comparing her to Beyoncé.

11 minutes ago, HausofArtpopII said:

christina-aguilera-shout.gif

Imagine seeing something like this video 

where you get aesthetics and a visual orgasm along with lyrics that tie in with a music video that has a story to tell and  acting like Xtina doesn’t have artistry. You can have opinions about Bey v Xtina but let’s not go obsessed xtina hater ladies 

42 minutes ago, yeezytaughtme said:

Beyoncé and it’s not even close.

Beyonce is just too much samples, interpolations, references, so many songwriters, Xtina is guilty too, but Beyonce takes the cake, its too much, thats why Beck's Morning Phase sounds so fresh still today  and selftitleld got dated.   

Christina debuted artistry at a younger age than Beyonce with B2B.

2 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Christina debuted artistry at a younger age than Beyonce with B2B.

But Christina couldn't keep up, she gave two great records amongst a generally panned discography whereas Beyoncé had good commercial run and a what it could've been a defined path if it weren't for the exceptional projects that are BEYONCÉ and Lemonade so for me, Beyoncé understood what she needed to do and Christina somehow lost of her vision after Back 2 Basics.

1 hour ago, tshwark said:

Beyonce is just too much samples, interpolations, references, so many songwriters, Xtina is guilty too, but Beyonce takes the cake, its too much

I mean that's what you have to do if you want the "acclaimed" sound though. All of those techniques allow an artist to set themselves apart, create a more immersive album, etc. There's very few artists that can produce a five star album with little help.

7 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

But Christina couldn't keep up, she gave two great records amongst a generally panned discography whereas Beyoncé had good commercial run and a what it could've been a defined path if it weren't for the exceptional projects that are BEYONCÉ and Lemonade so for me, Beyoncé understood what she needed to do and Christina somehow lost of her vision after Back 2 Basics.

I agree and I was thinking that myself

Queen Bey by FARRRRRR! 

It's ok if y'all prefer Beyoncé, but please do not downplay Xtina's outstanding talent 

Hurt and Twice lyrics alone>>>>>

32 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

Christina somehow lost of her vision after Back 2 Basics.

This isn’t totally true.

Bionic is fantastic visually. You can totally see it with the art work & performances. It was the backlash that overshadowed everything. The era had a vision that just wasn’t appreciate it at the time. 

It also seems like she’s back on track with the current Spanish era as well.

Beyonce is able to effectively execute her concepts per album. 

Xtina is not. Outside of B2B 

Xtina used to be so artistic but ever since Lotus I guess she ran out of ideas. So Beyoncé easily. ST and Lemonade alone>>>

Christina is always all over the place, she has creativity but it's like she cannot organize it to release a cohesive work. Bionic is a good example of that, some songs are so good and fit the overall theme, then you have the ballads that are cute but don't really fit the album, and then you have garbo like nmt or desnudate

4 minutes ago, Power love said:

This isn’t totally true.

Bionic is fantastic visually. You can totally see it with the art work & performances. It was the backlash that overshadowed everything. The era had a vision that just wasn’t appreciate it at the time. 

It also seems like she’s back on track with the current Spanish era as well.

Bionic had a vision but the project as a whole is messy and executed poorly, sonically you could split that album in three parts and it wouldn't have been so out of place. Lotus lacks vision and good material, Liberation is a standard album with a handful of good tracks and AGUILERA has like two distinctive ballads in between a project packed with reggaeton tracks and rancheras that are hardly representative of her Ecuadorian roots, so I can't really see how her vision is back other than pandering to the latin music industry aiming for a hit that never came. She's way more capable to give more if she really wanted to but she's been talking about finding her inspiration and to this day I feel she just simply doesn't have anything to say, she spoke about her trauma growing up and gave us brilliant and personal tracks but she limited her artistry to that and there's only so much she can do and even back then she had top notch collaborators like Linda Perry that helped her give herself a voice. You certainly can't compare her journey to Beyonce's that has given us two masterpieces of albums with relatable tracks beyond her own experience whilst exploring racial issues and power.

45 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

so I can't really see how her vision is back other than pandering to the latin music industry aiming for a hit that never came.

This is clearly not true. When will everyone understand that she doesn’t care about hits.  She is acting like she doesn’t care regarding scoring a hit. She released a Spanish album 20 years ago & waited 20 years to do it again. 

46 minutes ago, SinnerCity said:

I feel she just simply doesn't have anything to say

This is also not true. Anyone who actually listens to her albums (besides Lotus) she has plently to say & always have. She has some of the best deep cuts of most pop girls. You really have to dive in to get the gems. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.