RAYE signs with Human Re Sources following Polydor split + confirms new album

Alex

https://www.billboard.com/pro/raye-record-deal-album-release-human-re-sources-signing/

RAYE

Erving describes signing RAYE as “a no-brainer” for Human Re Sources, which is also home to artists including Brent Faiyaz, Cordae, YBN Nahmir, Pink Sweat$, Baby Rose and Bren Joy. “I’m a music-first person and literally, five seconds into hearing [her music] I’m like, ‘Yo, her f—ing voice is insane,'” he says. “I heard the vulnerability in the records and in her pen, and after I met her, I’m like, ‘Oh, s—, she’s a f–ing superstar.'”

RAYE describes the forthcoming LP as a personal exorcism of sorts, tackling everything from body dysmorphia, sexual abuse, climate change and her experiences with unsavory characters in the music industry who, she says, “are hired and in high places that just shouldn’t be.”

“My stories that I’ve collected over this seven years that I haven’t even been able to share I think are important and powerful and are going to be even tough for me to sing and perform,” she continues. “But this is medicine in its purest form. This is how I’ve been able to survive. This is my whole life out there exposed. I’m hiding nothing. I just want it to be something that people can hear.”

Hope this will give her what she was missing from her last deal :clap3: 

Good for her :clap3: I hope she's happy with the deal.

1 minute ago, Aramis said:

I hope Fantastic and Born Again make the cut :WAP:

i love fantastic

cant wait to have it in my airpods 

Never heard of them but as long as she's happy and the album is coming :bam:

38 minutes ago, Aramis said:

I hope Fantastic and Born Again make the cut :WAP:

Ugh same ! 

Rooting for her, saw her at WeHo Pride and she killed it even though they only gave her a short set. 

Black Mascara sounds like a full blown smash 

We need born again on the EP tho 

Do we know if she was able to keep any of the material she recorded under polydor?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.