‘Stranger Things 4’ Is Now Netflix’s Top English-Language TV Season of All Time

McNulty

Stranger-Things-4-3.jpg?w=681&h=383&crop

It was yet another record-breaking week for Season 4 of “Stranger Things,” which has become Netflix’s most popular season of an English-language television series ever.

Netflix’s list of most popular titles is calculated based on viewership during a title’s first 28 days of availability, and “Stranger Things” Season 4 has been viewed for 781 million hours since its May 27 debut, breaking the record previously held by the second season of “Bridgerton.” Along with being the most popular among English-language title, it’s the second most popular Netflix series overall, second only to the 2021 South Korean drama “Squid Game.”

Though “Stranger Things” undoubtedly continues to succeed, its single-week viewing is beginning to decrease. Last week, the season set the record for most-viewed English-language show in a week with 335 million hours viewed, and according to Netflix’s newly released Top 10 rankings, that number fell to 159.2 million hours during the June 6-12 viewing window. This indicates that the season likely won’t break “Squid Game’s” record for single-week viewing overall, which stands at 571.76 million hours.

Additional previous records set by the season include having Netflix’s biggest English-language premiere weekend ever with 286.8 million hours viewed, and making the Netflix Top 10 in 91 countries, a first for an English-language series.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/stranger-things-4-volume-1-netflix-top-10-ratings-1235294023/

And the July 1st episodes will only make it even bigger :clap3: 

It’s considered Netflix’s flagship show for a reason?That Reign just don’t let up

Deserved :clap3:

And people were criticizing Netflix all episodes release method :ahh: They know what they are doing. 

Stranger Things is the ONLY reason I’m subscribing Netflix. So deserved :clap3:

I finished episode 7 i can't wait to see volume 2 :jonny6:

Edited by Insanity

:clap3:

Me and my brother binged it last week and can't wait for part 2 :duca:

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

It’s considered Netflix’s flagship show for a reason?That Reign just don’t let up

I remember back when some people tried to predict no one would be interested in it anymore :eddie:

Not surprised. The show is excellent, legit one of the best TV shows i’ve ever watched. Up there with Office, Breaking Bad, and Family Guy

Just finished the latest season, omg so good, can’t wait for July :bam:

• ATRL Moderator

It’s one of the best TV shows in modern history so it’s deserved. Netflix truly won with this show and I’m betting they’re scared of the post-ST era. 

24 minutes ago, Bloo said:

It’s one of the best TV shows in modern history so it’s deserved. Netflix truly won with this show and I’m betting they’re scared of the post-ST era. 

They should start thinking about their future  without ST. No joke. They want to make spin offs but I doubt it will be as successful as the series. 

3 hours ago, Aiya said:

They should start thinking about their future  without ST. No joke. They want to make spin offs but I doubt it will be as successful as the series. 

i mean they survived 2018 2020 and 2021 w/o it

3 hours ago, Aiya said:

I guess they'll milk Bridgerton and the Squidward Game as much as they can.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Loco said:

I guess they'll milk Bridgerton and the Squidward Game as much as they can.

SD is huge but non English and Bridgeton doesn’t feel huge. We’ll see.
I legit think they are concerned a bit. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.