• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eglė

• ninasayers

• Joyride

• bliaz

On 6/15/2022 at 1:53 PM, Drowned8World said:

It's worse. They use the E. "Latine". I hate it.

Wait a minute, this is the first I'm hearing or reading this. Just checked the Wiki page on this...oh. 

Certainly seems easier to say for those that are non-binary than the x. Then again I don't personally or professionally know any non-binary Latin American people. 

I'll probably evaluate what to say or do if and when I do. Hmm...what a mess. Yikes.

Idk if y’all seen this one yet :skull:

7 hours ago, Espresso said:

Wait a minute, this is the first I'm hearing or reading this. Just checked the Wiki page on this...oh. 

Certainly seems easier to say for those that are non-binary than the x. Then again I don't personally or professionally know any non-binary Latin American people. 

I'll probably evaluate what to say or do if and when I do. Hmm...what a mess. Yikes.

It just doesn't make any sense. It's stupid. Example: "todos" already includes all genres but seems like it's too difficult for them to understand this so they use the "todes". I'll sound very boomer but i don't care...this generation is a nightmare. 

They even dare to argue with the Academia Española  :deadbanana4:

On 6/14/2022 at 10:08 AM, ninasayers said:

I'm argentinian and i use the "x" as a way to make words gender neutral, like "hijx" for example. You could also say "hije" ofc. A lot of people are against inclusive language for some reason and i see atrl is not an exception to that.

Because it is completely unnecessary and if we end up using it it's only because of the gags and lols, because that's what it is, a joke.

She doesn't look latina at all... also there is no such thing as looking 'latinx'. Latin Americans are people from different cultures and races :pancake:

She looks more like a Kardashian to me

Also, you could argue about the latin/latina/latine/latinx as much as you want, but since Jesy identifies herself with she/her pronouns, the thread title should be 'latina' instead of 'latinx' :rip:

2 hours ago, XtunaStan said:

Because it is completely unnecessary and if we end up using it it's only because of the gags and lols, because that's what it is, a joke.

well a lot of people (mostly non binary) use "elle", so no it's not a joke :heart:

On 6/14/2022 at 1:02 PM, M André said:

So she's latina because she's wearing leather and has a tan? :rip:

Yes, that is our traditional costume. Now stop appropriating it. Gracias.

4ZbbjpC.gif

21 hours ago, Asparagus Spears said:

This is giving latoya jackson vibes

She's every woman, it's all in her!

EDIT: screaming at someone calling her 'Jesy Nelson Mandela' on Twitter :hoetenks:

That's literally how every girl dresses in the UK when they go out for 'drinks xoxo' so it's a reach and a half.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.