• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• swissman

• Mr. Stratus

• SmittenCake

Top Posters In This Topic

Im fine with either this or I will survive. Both legendary :clap3:

I'd agree, it makes the biggest and clearest statement and is the most explicitly queer, which is what we need. :clap3:

This is actually the correct Top 5 and is also my personal one, but in a different order. Personally:

1. I Will Survive 

2. Vogue 

3. I’m Coming Out 

4. Born This Way 

5. True Colors 

It’s tea. BTW is lowkey one of the best songs of all time also.

9 hours ago, Jjang said:

*white gays' #1  

Which is why they don't care to point out the racist & problematic lyrics in the bridge that she never changed and still sings to this day

UObE.gif

Your fave literally said the N word so sit this one out :mazen:

3 minutes ago, SpaceMan said:

Your fave literally said the N word so sit this one out :mazen:

And that was an incredibly dumb thing which I dragged her for multiple times here :cm: I am not my fave. Just because I generally stan her career does not mean I'm blind to criticism of of her and not everything she does is gonna automatically get my stamp of approval :cm: 

You should do the same with your fave :cm: It would make it a lot simpler for both of us. The BTW bridge lyrics are racist and problematic and you just feel fine dismissing it because there isn't a trendy big crowd uproar against it (yet, who knows!) which is sad :gaycat6:

Remember what Elton John said when Gaga played him Born This Way for the first time backstage at the Monster Ball in 2010?

That‘s what he said about the song:

It’s ******* amazing. ‘Born This Way’, which is the title song, will completely get rid of Gloria Gaynor’s 'I Will Survive.' This is the new 'I Will Survive.' That was the gay anthem. This is the new gay anthem

He was so right!

Eleven years later and Born This Way has undoubtedly become THE pride anthem :alexz:

9 hours ago, americanlife said:

:shakeno: It shouldn’t be #1. Top 10 or 5 is reasonable, but #1? A Madonna song should be #1.

Vogue won last years poll, but the gays at Billboard obviously didn't like the result and kept the poll open for MONTHS after the closing date in order to get more votes for Gaga, but Madonna kept winning. The didn't even bother announcing the winner in the end. :rip:

Finally is way too low and although a great song, I'm not sure Make It Happen is the gay anthem I'd pick for Mariah.

Lizzo’s About Damn Time is coming for that top ten as well

UObE.gif

8 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Born This Way - Pride

Americano - Immigrants

Sheisse - Feminists

Government Hooker - Whistle blowers

Marry the Night - Nightshift laborers’ and farmers’ rights

The Edge of Glory - Atheists

Judas - Forgiving christians

You and I - Leftist wives of republicans

ugh invented purposeful pop what representation did I miss?

RWLeZU2.gif

:bibliahh:

UObE.gif

She wasn't lying when she said it was the anthem of a generation. 

UObE.gif 

50 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Finally is way too low and although a great song, I'm not sure Make It Happen is the gay anthem I'd pick for Mariah.

Right. List cancelled.

C8K6Z9h.gif

Justice for Loverboy.

Christina's "Beautiful" at #33 is insultingly low. The music video literally features a gay kiss and a transgender person in 2002, back when federal sodomy laws were still in effect in the United States. Those scenes alone impacted so many LGBTQ+ people by making them feel seen and empowered.

Can someone explain how the bridge of BTW is racist? :deadbanana2: isn't she saying that you should be proud of yourself no matter your skin colour? 

3 hours ago, Pendulum said:

Can someone explain how the bridge of BTW is racist? :deadbanana2: isn't she saying that you should be proud of yourself no matter your skin colour? 

Glad to see the queen of pop in my country, Robyn, making it to top 10 :clap3:

"Robyn was inspired to write this earworm by her love for sad, gay disco anthems. Any gay guy who says he hasn’t related to this synthy jam shouldn’t be trusted." no lies were told

As it should. :clap3:

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

Cause some video essay with 5k answers the question

33 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

Cause some video essay with 5k answers the question

It literally does :rip: I timed it for u henny 

It's the best because it's the most explicit without ever veering into vulgarity.

And the message is also universal. Everyone was born at some point except for those poor C-section babies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.