Did You Ever Get Caught Doing “Girly” Things As a Kid?

Sergi91

3 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

Reading is feminine?

WAIT!!!! Which one?

The 'prayer hands' cover or the 'legs bent + head titled to one side' cover?

Let’s bent head tilt :gaycat6:

4 hours ago, sugarysunflower said:

Reading is feminine?

No, hence me putting the word feminine in quotation marks

One Christmas I was given an action man doll dressed in military fatigues, but it didn't do anything for me. I spent most of that day brushing (and braiding) my Sister's Barbie doll's hair instead. :rip:

On 6/9/2022 at 7:52 AM, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

I still do girly things as an adult, such as moaning to Taylor’s Wildest Dreams 

asgfdhfdjk the way I do this as well:deadvision: not loudly tho

I was 12 years old and didnt knew my cousin was in my house and then she came into my room without knocking while i was dancing like Britney with the Baby One More Time song. I stopped the dance immediatly and start acting manly, it was so cringe.

3 hours ago, terrorblade said:

asgfdhfdjk the way I do this as well:deadvision: not loudly tho

:deadvision: plsss I’ve been exposed 

I crossed my leg then and I cross my legs now

Yep! ? 

My sister was blasting the song Buttons by the Pussycat Dolls at home one day and my brother caught me doing the dance routine to Buttons and dragged me for being a heuxmo. I was like 13. But by 15 I could do the splits, so it was worth it, thanks PCD :gaycat4:

Yes, I have all brothers which makes it funnier because they never said anything about it, I was just "different".

My mom was the one who would clock me, my dad wouldn't care but he's an older African man in his 60's now so he literally had no gaydar :rip:

moms ALWAYS know though and mine was onto me. :gaycat1:

my bro caught me singing/acting like i was in the mv for the song sober by kellyc

i was a tomyboy as a kid! i hated pink and dresses!  oh how things changed

NC8Vtay.gif

i love pink now (tho im alt chick) i can make pink pretty gothic :fan:

I mean. I dunno about "caught." I was pretty brazen with the RENT soundtrack, Janet records, and Madonna choreo in the living room...

And there is definitely a picture of me wearing a towel as hair, emulating Bonnie Raitt.

Edited by The7thStranger

Yes, I was supposed to be home alone but my parents got home early, they were apparently knocking on the door cause they forgot their keys but I didn’t hear bc I was doing a hybrid slutty catwalk/dance to Jordin Sparks SOS (Let The Music Play) blasting in my bedroom.

My dad caught me doing the whole thing in full view when he knocked on my bedroom window telling me to open the door :jonnycat: my heart was pounding through my chest, anyway 12 years later and he still asks me when I’m getting a girlfriend :siptea:

Yes, I used to play with my cousin's Barbies, dance to girl groups' music, watch girls cartoons and most of my friends were girls. :rip:

On 6/10/2022 at 12:15 PM, Enema said:

females do manly **** all the time growing up you are not special

This is obviously a very nuanced subject, but in general society looks at women behaving in more masculine ways less harshly than the inverse. It's why girls wearing pantsuits and leaving home to work has been generally accepted for ages but a man wearing a dress or not being the breadwinner is still controversial.

Misogyny punishes anyone who expresses themselves outside their assigned gender norms, but it also sees masculinity as inherently "above" femininity, so young girls get less **** for acting "manly" while young boys acting girly is seen as a downgrade and harshly reprimanded.

Edited by Pop Life

I would riot if I did not get the Barbie toy in the happy meal, loved the pink power ranger and imitated Poison Ivy from the 3rd Batman movie when it played on TV. :jonny6:

MadonnasBoyfriend
17 minutes ago, Pop Life said:

This is obviously a very nuanced subject, but in general society looks at women behaving in more masculine ways less harshly than the inverse. It's why girls wearing pantsuits and leaving home to work has been generally accepted for ages but a man wearing a dress or not being the breadwinner is still controversial.

Misogyny punishes anyone who expresses themselves outside their assigned gender norms, but it also sees masculinity as inherently "above" femininity, so young girls get less **** for acting "manly" while young boys acting girly is seen as a downgrade and harshly reprimanded.

The intro to what it feels like for a girl explains it perfectly :alexz:

2 hours ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

The intro to what it feels like for a girl explains it perfectly :alexz:

Girls can wear jeans 

And cut their hair short

Wear shirts and boots

Because it's OK to be a boy

But for a boy to look like a girl is degrading 

'Cause you think that being a girl is degrading

:alexz:

I made a wig out of shoelaces and my mom took it away from me after she caught wearing it 

13 minutes ago, Vertigo Stick said:

I made a wig out of shoelaces and my mom took it away from me after she caught wearing it 

How many shoes do you own? Centipede kidding hehe...

7 minutes ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

How many shoes do you own? Centipede kidding hehe...

:jonny3: I don't even know but the 'wig' was  full

only thing I remember ever doing at all is trying on my mom's high heels out of curiosity.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.