Cyndi Lauper: Gaga brought dance pop back into the mainstream

Bimbo

Of course she did. Anyone who denies it clearly doesn't remember what music sounded like before Gaga arrived. :sistrens:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rican

• slw84

• Bimbo

• Jjang

Top Posters In This Topic

She’s right. Obviously there were dance pop hits throughout the 00s but Gaga brought it to another level.

1 hour ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Of course she did. Anyone who denies it clearly doesn't remember what music sounded like before Gaga arrived. :sistrens:

Apparently this is what brought dance pop to the mainstream despite it being a non factor in today’s society.  :michael:

Blackout did not have more of an impact than Gaga on dancepop of the time :rip: People were doing it before that, see: JT, Rihanna and Madonna.

Gaga receiving her well deserved flowers from pop icons & instantly ending the delusion of ~50% of this website :clap3:

:toofunny3:

Gaga did create a lot buzz and have impact

but bringing back dance pop, since the 90s? :ahh: what an ass-licker

OGHs still getting MAD at this :ahh:

Gaga reintroducing pure dance genre is a FACT proven countless times already by music experts and publications...

3 minutes ago, Mystic Boy said:

OGHs still getting MAD at this :ahh:

Gaga reintroducing pure dance genre is a FACT proven countless times already by music experts and publications...

That Madonna stan having the nerve to quote me bringing up that forgotten Confessions album as having some type of dance genre impact :bibliahh:

15 hours ago, Jjang said:

She lied! 

2008 was already beginning to have a plethora of Dance - Pop smashes prior to when JD/PF started picking up, it's common knowledge. Even Rap / Hip - Hop songs were incoprating Electro-Pop / Dance elements / Club - orientated sound (Like Low or Lollipop

She did however popularize Redone's production  but that died down like 10 months later and became a fad because he's dreadfully unoriginal 

1562813727-american-idol-gifamerican-ido

madonna-tea.gif

Some of the people and their music who apparently "started" dance pop mentioned here are too much of a flop compared to Gaga back then. Not enough worldwide success to create a trend like Gaga did.

16 minutes ago, Rican said:

That Madonna stan having the nerve to quote me bringing up that forgotten Confessions album as having some type of dance genre impact :bibliahh:

Not them comparing that forgotten niche album to The Fame, aka the album that still tops the Dance/Electronic Albums chart every other week. :deadbanana2:

6 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Not them comparing that forgotten niche album to The Fame, aka the album that still tops the Dance/Electronic Albums chart every other week. :deadbanana2:

:deadbanana:

None of her catalog ever charts because she simply isn't a factor in today’s society. They are constantly getting Madge dragged by trolling her. 

I see your true colors Cyndi sis and you lying 

drugs marihuana GIF

Gaga was the last cultural reset before Billie. The impact she had on pop culture was immense we been knew!

Gaga changed the game during her debut era, legend thinzs:wanda:

17 hours ago, Rican said:

Flop albums do not start trends :gaycat6:

Most trends are started by 'flop' obscure bodies of work/artists that get hijacked by b*tches of the moment :cm:

ot: not when keeps getting better by xtine exists and predates :eddie: 

not people on here speaking of 'forgotten niche albums' as if anybody that's straight and leading a tidy life remembers/cares about the fame these days lmao the only reason it's appearing on those 'dance charts' is because it's such a forgotten genre that it only takes a few spins in the backrooms of some sordid ass bar of a certain kind for it to chart on those charts  :gaycat6:

8 hours ago, oilheiress said:

not people on here speaking of 'forgotten niche albums' as if anybody that's straight and leading a tidy life remembers/cares about the fame these days lmao the only reason it's appearing on those 'dance charts' is because it's such a forgotten genre that it only takes a few spins in the backrooms of some sordid ass bar of a certain kind for it to chart on those charts  :gaycat6:

Have you seen its recurrent streams ? you should've sat and ate your food instead of embarrassing yourself :toofunny3:

8 hours ago, oilheiress said:

This was so embarrassing… 

13 hours ago, oilheiress said:

We just know you thought you made sense... :ahh: 

EMBARRASSING.

6 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Have you seen its recurrent streams ? you should've sat and ate your food instead of embarrassing yourself :toofunny3:

6 hours ago, Bimbo said:

This was so embarrassing… 

2 hours ago, Ethereaaal said:

We just know you thought you made sense... :ahh: 

EMBARRASSING.

i like me a bit of gags and think her later efforts are superior, i also think that while her aesthetical impact is undeniable, i just don't agree that she was equally as impactful sonically...i think certain artists are endowed with flair and clairvoyance to sense the upcoming zeitgeist and work towards meeting it (usually with teams helping behind the scenes) but it's never one single person 'resetting the culture'  :cm:

I think I will trust the wisdom of an artist who's been in the thick of the industry for nearly 40 years and who has universally remembered classics from her peak more so than anonymous ATRL users with a vendetta that go so far as to test the limits of the Zero Tolerance Policy to invalidate Gaga's sexuality because she doesn't "seem" like she fits it enough to them.

1562813727-american-idol-gifamerican-ido

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.