• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Sweetestsecret

I think it could fare okay commercially (The Rock has sold lesser movies), but this really doesn’t look good.

He appears to just be playing himself in the Black Adam suit and they’re following the usual superhero movie formula and I think if they had any plans to do Shazam in a larger, more serious context, it’s going to be harder to accomplish if they’re going this route. 

It’s a shame, I think Dwayne could pull off an anti-hero/villain but bling not the music I suppose

Hmm interesting… I’m excited about the JSA but at the same time this movie doesn’t feel connected to the DCEU especially Shazam. 

6 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Hmm interesting… I’m excited about the JSA but at the same time this movie doesn’t feel connected to the DCEU especially Shazam. 

Thats because it’s more of The Rock movie than a DC movie. He’s been working on this project since 2007 to get off the ground.

it looks cool but a lot of awkward moments drags down the whole trailer.

-Heroes don't kill people

-.........................but i do

ok? lol The pause was so long that i took the epicness it should have

This happened with the first trailer of The Suicide Squad. It focused a lot on the "funny" moments instead of the action. The second and third trailer were great and made the movie justice.

It looks really bad :skull:

Besides, are they gonna switch Black Adam into anti hero than super villain? Cos that won't do :coffee2:

Hmm. Looks ok nothing more. 

I'll be watching tho. My boyfriend will definitely make me :doc:

It’s literally giving Marvel formula. DC can’t ever win with ya’ll girls. 

This feels like a teaser, trailer #2 is going to have to give more storyline context.

Am I the only one who thought it looks good

Classic superhero movie vibes, it looks better than the previous snippets suggested

4 hours ago, xrosup said:

It's giving 15% on RT :doc:

The scene where he is flying alongside the jets is horrible :deadbanana4:.

Jesus, the lashings in here. :skull: 

Here I was, slayed. But eye can’t weight to see Cyclone, DF & HM scenes. :jonny2: 

3 hours ago, BlooRiverAnimal said:

Jesus, the lashings in here. :skull: 

Everyone is trashing it, even DC stans, lol.  Check reddit, Twitter, Box Office Theory... :deadbanana:

What is this hunny :bam:

another day another bad dc film

Hopefully it'll be a hit for DC. I really wish they will start being more MCU. 

can they give him some hair or a cap or something? bc rn it's The Rock in a costume

• 1 month later...

Damn the lack of hype. I know it’s DC and no one cares, but even the dream cast rock isn’t doing this film favors. And people were trying to drag Thor and the marvel formula.(only comparing them since they are both Comicbook films coming out in the sam me year. And both are literally Gods of Thunder & Lightening). Anyways I think this will be fine on streaming. Kinda cool to see a hero that just does whatever they want, and kills. Also will be cool to see more Justice society members, but other then that. DC is getting washed again in quality. 

Just read the hawkman comic the other day and it was a mess, and the thanagarian aspect it's just hinted, it isn't clear if he truly just is some random playboy millionaire. 

27 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Damn the lack of hype. I know it’s DC and no one cares, but even the dream cast rock isn’t doing this film favors. And people were trying to drag Thor and the marvel formula.(only comparing them since they are both Comicbook films coming out in the sam me year. And both are literally Gods of Thunder & Lightening). Anyways I think this will be fine on streaming. Kinda cool to see a hero that just does whatever they want, and kills. Also will be cool to see more Justice society members, but other then that. DC is getting washed again in quality. 

You realize this comes out in OCTOBER. Thor will dominate the superhero talk for the rest of this month, then the promo begins come August-September 

4 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

You realize this comes out in OCTOBER. Thor will dominate the superhero talk for the rest of this month, then the promo begins come August-September 

Yeah I know but the trailer is now out and no one is engaging in it. Also Black Panther comes out a few weeks after that. Pretty sure a movie that big will take most of the conversation away as well

1 minute ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah I know but the trailer is now out and no one is engaging in it. Also Black Panther comes out a few weeks after that. Pretty sure a movie that big will take most of the conversation away as well

Avatar 2 comes out this December and the trailer is out. People talked about it for a week and then moved on. Every movie is like this until the press tours and screenings actually starts

1 minute ago, phreshprince said:

Avatar 2 comes out this December and the trailer is out. People talked about it for a week and then moved on. Every movie is like this until the press tours and screenings actually starts

Guess I’ll wait and see how it turns out

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.