DC's Black Adam (2022) | Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson | RT: 39%, MC: 41

Broken

6 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

B+ is disastrous given it's mostly fans

This.

Imagine bragging about a B+ :deadbanana4:. The bar is in hell.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Sweetestsecret

What we won't do is act like this is good. This tends to happen where tracking starts to fall in the weeks leading up to release and then when the film opens and does a bit better than the already low tracking, it gets praise. No. This is a $200M budgeted film, 15 years in the making with at least another $100 marketing spend. DC wanted this to be a rejuvenation of the DCEU and $65-67M opening wknd simply doesn't cut it. 

With the budget WB put behind this they definitely were hunting for a $100M+ OW blockbuster. 

It certainly has some flaws but it was so much fun. It's like watching a live action version of an anime. Action packed to the full. The only thing i didn't like was the very distracting yellow light filter. 

On 10/21/2022 at 3:13 AM, Memoirs387 said:

I just got back. Honestly, as a generic comic book ala Venom, it’s popcorn fun. Great action, beautiful action. 

but I’m a black Adam fan, and the disrespect to him as a character and…

Hide contents

the UTTER disrespect to Shazam. How are you just going to pretend he doesn’t exist yet use the same god to give him powers and yell out shazam?! They shouldn’t have let Dwayne have such control, but that’s WB for ya. 

I have an other perspective on that. 

Spoiler

Billy Batson is a newbie local champion. From what is established here, he would be chushed by BA so no point bringing him here when the Justice Society and Superman are avalaible. 

Also they literally reference Shazam and the champion's lore more time than i could count. So if they want to cross paths in the future, it's still possible. 

This definitely ain’t good, it’s just decent?‍♀️ the hypocrisy and excuses some people make for DC? when literally not even 3 months ago the same people were all thrashing and overdramtic about Thor and Strange Box Office wise. Saying MCU was over because they didn’t hit a billion ?  Even with low expectations I thought it was average, and that’s been the Majority consensus. DC needs another another hit if they don’t wanna be rebooted

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

5 hours ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

This definitely ain’t good, it’s just decent?‍♀️ the hypocrisy and excuses some people make for DC? when literally not even 3 months ago the same people were all thrashing and overdramtic about Thor and Strange Box Office wise. Saying MCU was over because they didn’t hit a billion ?  Even with low expectations I thought it was average, and that’s been the Majority consensus. DC needs another another hit if they don’t wanna be rebooted

DC fans are coping hard but I think it's just because they are starving for content. This won't even get much further than $400- 450M globally on a $200M budget (plus massive marketing blitz). Money loser. 

i'm gonna watch this during the week. Wednesday probably. 

My hype for cbm died in july idk. All the toxicity and negativity totally killed my excitement to see superheroes movies :deadbanana:

this was a decent watch, nothing groundbreaking though.

my cinema was full of young kids and they were clapping throughout the entire 3rd act, they loved it so much :deadbanana4: I felt a bit weird but I guess a lively audience made me like the movie more :rip:

CGI looked crisp, can marvel steal some of DC's vfx artists? they sure as hell need 'em

I honestly did not like it

Very similar to Shazam

The storytelling & acting suck

Action scenes were nice 

The rock looks good :ghostface: 

I actually loved it. Dr Fate was the highlight, Cyclone's powers were visually stunning too. 

The script needed tightening up though, some of the dialogue was awful :rip:

Edited by HotFriedChicken

On 10/23/2022 at 12:30 PM, rp662 said:

Wait, it could pull cute numbers there. Come through with the approval Xi Jinping. :redface:

:jonny:

In the theater for my 2nd viewing. There is still only 2 people in here tonight? 

34 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

In the theater for my 2nd viewing. There is still only 2 people in here tonight? 

There were only 4 people on opening night for me :rip:

1 hour ago, HotFriedChicken said:

There were only 4 people on opening night for me :rip:

Yeah and I live in major city. There were like 3 families and a few other fans opening night here?

anyways I enjoy the action, but this still felt like a collage of every comic film I’ve seen. Still felt generic on 2nd viewing 

18 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

With a $3.35M 1st Wednesday, Black Adam is gonna need to conjure some magic spells to even sniff $30M this wknd. Not sure what led them to this prediction, unless it was made before Wednesday #s came out. It would need uncharacteristic increases (like G/PG rated kids movie increases of 200% or more) on Friday and Saturday for $30M to even be possible.

Thinking more like $25-27.5M wknd. 

This was fun? What do critics expect when they go into a superhero movie :rip: 

Banned in China!

According to Box Office Theory and Reddit, the movie was banned because Pierce Brosnan supports the Tibetan Independence Movement/Dalai Lama.

There are also rumors that Avatar 2 could be banned.

I wouldn't be surprised if they ban all Hollywood movies :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.