• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Broken

• Arcadius

• Sweetestsecret

The movie arrived hot on domestic tracking this month with a $65M-$70M projection. However, that forecast has calmed to $60M.

Expect the movie, as is standard for Johnson fare, to excel overseas. We’re expecting an offshore start in the vicinity of $65M-$75M. This puts the DC title’s worldwide opening between $125M-$135M+

https://deadline.com/2022/10/black-adam-dwayne-johnson-box-office-opening-worldwide-1235148749/

I’m hoping for a 500M total. That would be a cute improvement over Shazam. :foxaylove3:

PANNED and a probably commercial failure. :ghostface:

:rip:I had a glimmer of hope for this… but seems it’s gonna be another forgotten Dud from DC. I don’t even care about the end credit scene. I’m only going tomorrow for the action at this point.

54% with 57 reviews, ride ain’t over ?

Anyway we need the audience to go out and watch the film.

Imagine the amount of amazing, adult, groundbreaking movies that could be made with the money studios spend on sh+t like this. 

A $135M global launch would be rather whelming and get it to $430-450M max. Needs at least $160-170M to think about getting past $500M. 

I'm being generous with the legs too.

Edit: little box office update, looks like Black Adam is tracking towards a Thursday preview (3 pm start) of around $6.5-7.5M. It will be very interesting to see how much of the GP shows up on the Friday after fan-driven previews. This will tell us a lot about how the box office run will go. 

Edited by BNF91

there is only 3 people in my Imax theater :rip: and that’s including me. What a disappointing opening night… well I’ll give my thoughts when the movie is over 

I just got back. Honestly, as a generic comic book ala Venom, it’s popcorn fun. Great action, beautiful action. 

but I’m a black Adam fan, and the disrespect to him as a character and…

Spoiler

the UTTER disrespect to Shazam. How are you just going to pretend he doesn’t exist yet use the same god to give him powers and yell out shazam?! They shouldn’t have let Dwayne have such control, but that’s WB for ya. 

This movie is a collage of every Comicbook movie cliche of the last 16 years. Mediocre in every sense of the word. 5/10 overall. And I went in just expecting mindless action and a straightforward anti-hero plot. It’s not horrible or great, just middle of the road on everything. 

Good: Black Adam & Hawkman Bedroom fight Sequence. Some of the other action is thrilling and just popcorn fun. The rock looks Amazing in the suit and he is committed to the Role.

Meh: pretty much everything else. Acting, CGI, Comedy, JSA Character dynamics, lack of Shazam references ? like actually that’s just lazy

Bad: very boring plot. I get it’s his origin but the exposition and first act being rushed didn’t help. 3rd act follows every other comic book film. If there wasn’t constant action, I would have fallen asleep 

also the post credit did get a reaction from the audience but my theatre had like 10 people in it on opening night??I don’t think people outside of Snyderfans care about the suprise. The general public has moved on tbh. But we will see with the sequel and the box office run if this is actually gonna change the Hierarchy of power in the DC universe 

The action and vfx work are this movies ONLY silver lining :skull: 

the acting is absolute pits, and I can’t even bring up the dialogue without giggling..

the kid honestly irked the hell outta me like STOP riding around on that damn skateboard when mercenaries are trying to KILL you

atom smasher and cyclone were wasted and unnecessary here. Dr. Fate was the best character IMO

which makes his death even more ridiculous

Dwayne makes a great Black Adam, but the shitty exposition and overall plot leave a looming dark cloud over what should’ve been a Black Adam vs Shazam movie 

The dialogue was god awful good lord and some of the directing choices bothered me to no end. I really think with a better screenwriter and director this could’ve been a better film.

However, the movie was still fun and for once it gave DC fans something to look forward to.

Saw this with my bestfriend & his bf we all pretty much enjoyed ourselves despite the score we saw it had before going in. I was entertained all throughout and yeah the dialogue was eh but I kind of expected that. I don't get why this has such a low score and other superhero films get super high ones.

Box office update!

Friday is looking like $25-26M (Thursday previews included). Weekend set to be around $59-63M domestic.

Overseas, no so great. Bombing in France, Italy, Germany, South Korea (all well under $1M opening days). Overall 2 day overseas gross a bit lower than Shazam ($14.5M Vs $16M for Shazam). :katie:

Not sure how the global opening will shake out, but I'm thinking it doesn't go much higher than the pre weekend forecast of $125-130M, if at all. 

I wonder what the numbers will be in some countries like mexico, brazil, colombia, india, etc. There are a lot of cavill fans there, at least in seems like that from social media, let's see if the international numbers prove it or if it is just noise from a small group.

7 hours ago, terrorblade said:

it's at 42% now17HSMdI.gif

jrAroca.gif

And it's currently the 2nd lowest rated DCEU movie on Metacritic :deadbanana4:.

And yet it managed to pull B+ on CinemaScore and 89% on RT Audience Score; music not the bling era.

I went to see it last night my a friend and my date and I guess I was ready to watch a mess but it was actually funny and entertaining, the jokes were witty and I don’t know why everyone is trashing the kid/Amon I thought that he was acting like a regular child/fan like Freddy in Shazam.

The Rock actually stayed in character, and Doctor Fate was AMAZING, even Adrianna; Hawkman was cool but I felt like they made him powerless and boring and Atom and Cyclone were underutilized, they did Atom wrong because they made him so dumb and unfunny, while Sabbac was generic I feel like he was ok; Waller was so cool too.

The action was nonstop from start to finish and everything was happening so fast, also I’m not sure if it was because of covid but they felt limited in three sets: Adrianna’s building, Throne room and Kandhaq Main Street/square and please get rid of that yellow filter and bring a better writer because Hawkman, Atom and Cyclone lines were rough.

Overall it was good and a nice addition to the DCEU can’t wait to see them mix with the characters that we already know.

b+ is only ok for a superhero movie. stans running out opening day.

wonder woman 1984 b+

birds of prey b+

justice league b+

batman v superman b+

Edited by fridayteenage

So far The Batman is the only superhero film released this year to receive a CinemaScore in the A range, quite frankly that's accurate considering so far it's the only one worthy of it. We shall see how Wakanda Forever fairs in a few weeks. 

10 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Box office update!

Friday is looking like $25-26M (Thursday previews included). Weekend set to be around $59-63M domestic.

Overseas, no so great. Bombing in France, Italy, Germany, South Korea (all well under $1M opening days). Overall 2 day overseas gross a bit lower than Shazam ($14.5M Vs $16M for Shazam). :katie:

Not sure how the global opening will shake out, but I'm thinking it doesn't go much higher than the pre weekend forecast of $125-130M, if at all. 

It did $27M on Friday (Thursday previews included)  ..

Edited by Sweetestsecret

So it's doing slightly better than initially projected and it does have a great audience rating on RT. 

Black Adam has a $195 M budget and opening with 26M:lakitu: latest Comicbook movie was Thor with a $250M Budget and 70M Opening day. I don’t think this film will barley make $500M. Guess DC next only hope is Flash 
https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1583838047996588035?s=46&t=y3Z8DVjg4yROO7fE2XSvQw

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.