Top Posters In This Topic

• Konril

• Lovett

• Drowned8World

• Hector

2 hours ago, McNulty said:

I know Netflix spent a lot of money on it but It kinda looks cheap

It kinda does. :hoetenks:

But... Lemme give this one a chance since it's one of the few graphic novels I owned.

I know Neil Gaiman was heavily involved in this so I have hopes it will be good (I've never read the graphic novels, just have a general idea of the concept).

• 1 month later...

San Diego Comic Con

the-sandman-comic-con-2022-1024x682.jpg 

SDCCSand1.jpg?q=80

• 2 weeks later...

idk who else is watching but it's really good so far. i hope it doesnt get cancelled. the reviews are good too and fans seem to like it. 

This is surprisingly really great.
The first 2 episodes I found okay but episode 3 onwards I LOVED. One of my favourite comic book adaptions honestly.

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, saucy said:

idk who else is watching but it's really good so far. i hope it doesnt get cancelled. the reviews are good too and fans seem to like it. 

Wait, cancelled? So this doesn't tell the full story from the comics? The Orpheus arc is the best part—do they get that far? :'(

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Wait, cancelled? So this doesn't tell the full story from the comics? The Orpheus arc is the best part—do they get that far? :'(

i think S1 adapts 14 of the +70 books or something like that

This was excellent.  Episodes 5-7 were my favorite. 

Spoiler

When the waitress' boss told her he was screwing her son,  I screamed :rip:

The Death episode was so sweet,  she's my favorite sibling and I wish we saw more of her. 

Why does Desire look exactly like Lady Gaga? :ahh:

The twists were really good,  and I loved how Unity saved Rose in the end. 

I know Corinthian was a baddie but he can get it and his cute little hookup scenes :jonny5:

I felt so bad for Lita not being able to stay with Hector but was happy she got to keep her baby :clap3:

John Cameron Mitchell & Stephen Fry were great additions near the end of the season. 

Plenty of queer representation :clap3:

Hope we see more of Lucifer in Season 2. :duca:

Edited by Hector

Just finished watching this today. One of the best adaptations! The episode with death was one of the best pieces of tv ever made.

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, Drowned8World said:

i think S1 adapts 14 of the +70 books or something like that

OMG THAT'S IT?! :toofunny2: Ok, then I hope it gets renewed cause I think my favorite stretch was in like the 50s.

I’m a DC fan but I’ve never read any Sandman comic (besides knowing that they’re great) so I gave it a chance and wow the first episode was solid, had cool characters and set up and the soundtrack is nice, this is a winner and could become the next ST for Netflix, just that the timing was not right because GoT and LoTR are coming this same month and will capture the conversation.

2 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

OMG THAT'S IT?! :toofunny2: Ok, then I hope it gets renewed cause I think my favorite stretch was in like the 50s.

it's going to get renewed but Netflix takes months to announce it. It has material for at least 5 seasons.

14 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

well it only has one season so far, so it only covers a bit. i just meant with netflix's penchant for cancelling shows it could get cancelled too. but this is #1 in 80 countries now so thats probably less likely. 

4 hours ago, Wolf Alice said:

Just finished watching this today. One of the best adaptations! The episode with death was one of the best pieces of tv ever made.

I don’t remember exactly what show or movie was it but her depiction was extremely familiar to something Ive sewn few years ago. So there was that. Maybe they were inspired by this story. Who knows? However it was still amazing. The actress really carrried

My review: this was very solid especially for Netflix standards. Not perfect but I was engaged the whole time. The second part of the episode with Death was very moving.

This show has amazing black and lgbtq+ representation, im surprised twitter aren’t hyped about this. Then again, they prefer complaining than actually supporting shows that are doing an effort. I hope season two has even more fantasy, the real world storylines bored me to death especially the diner episode (kinda useless) 7/10

This was my favorite graphic novel, got them all including the side stories of The Endless and the prequels. First episode is quite solid, will watch the rest.

Please don't get cancelled. :jonnycat:

7 hours ago, Blue Rose said:

I don’t remember exactly what show or movie was it but her depiction was extremely familiar to something Ive sewn few years ago. So there was that. Maybe they were inspired by this story. Who knows? However it was still amazing. The actress really carrried

Yeah the actress really killed it. I also had this feeling that it looked familiar but couldn't recall what. Either way, they executed really well

Good afternoon ATRL, I am a 40 year old man who is thinking of starting this series tonight. Just wondered what everyones thoughts on it are? I'm not familiar with the source material but from what I've seen it looks good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.