Demi Lovato - 'HOLY FVCK'

BlackJesus

Debuts on MC with a 76/100 based on 6 reviews. Let's cross our fingers for the next reviews.  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freakshowvato

• Lyrical Liar

• thatsmydemi

• Soobin

I've listened a few times now. i haven't wanted to listen to an album on repeat in so many year. i love the lyrics. her best lyrics in my opinion. it sounds less like shes trying to be a great singing and really singing from emotion in my opinion. i feel every song. i would love to see a video for freak, holy ****, and city of angels. i could see come together as the next single. i love every song. help me is probably the only one that hasn't hit me like the rest yet. but i still think it's a great song. my faves for now are dead friends, happy ending, city of angels, holy ****. such an experience. 

City of angels is so 2008 nostalgia omg

Im enjoying thr album so far, one of demis best

omg one twitter user just gived me epiphany:
"The way 29 cuts out abruptly at the end in order to symbolise Demi’s sudden realisation that it wasn’t a magical teenage dream but acc a nightmare, mind of a mastermind yup"

12 hours ago, djkostream said:

Wow , Come Together is a standout too!

:clap3:

My faves:

1. Eat Me

2. Freak

3. Substance

4. City of Angels

5. Come Together

Help Me is hovering right under but I remember someone here a month ago said it reminds them of those messy Cupcakke remix parodies on YouTube and I can’t unhear it whenever it comes on :bibliahh:

29 is the best song and I won't accept any other answer

Dead Friends is the second best song. Her vocals on the final chorus :jonny: 

Edited by Saintlor

you all need to listen it in FLAC quality! OMG new details!

7 hours ago, yonka said:

2.5/10

Fat flop

Stop projecting, ATRL user Yonka.

And not you stanning BEYONCE yet calling Demi fat :bibliahh: yikes - your hypocrisy is simply off the charts

RB5ltFY.jpg

N83cWkP.jpg

11 hours ago, Fuecoco said:

Lol, I wanted to like every song. Trust me. :chick3:

at least you tried :-* 

3 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Happy Ending is the best song and I won't accept any other answer

Eat Me is the second best song. Her vocals on the final chorus :jonny: 

Sorry you had a typo sis :jonny: 

7 hours ago, yonka said:

2.5/10

Fat flop

you don't need that negative energy and mean comments... yikes ;c 

Can't stop listening to city of angels. The note at the end is INSANE :jonny4:

eat me but Wasted (verses) reminds me of Falling Over Me

5 hours ago, Miracle said:

Damn even NME gave it a 60, who always gives 80s to even the blandest albums. Is the album worth listening to?

"You guys do realize that NME is the music industry’s equivalent of the National Inquirer, right? Pure and utter trash. You should be embarrassed." :skull:

Seems like they only like bland albums. I would say AllMusic, The Independent, and Sputnik are more reputable than NME anyway

4 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

Her best album by far. The first half packs such a punch sonically, whereas the second half really hits home with more sentimental and well-expressed content. Genre change aside, I think without the parameters of writing for sonic trends, Demi really stands out a lot more as both a vocalist and songwriter.

I also really appreciate that the way multiple variations of rock are used with respect to each subgenre (pop-punk, post-hardcore, metal, soft rock, hyperpop?! glkjgd) it makes it feel even more organic and fun to listen to. Definitely going to wear this one out. :jonny5:

diversity! :jonny5::jonny5:
 truly AOTY :jonny5::jonny5:

king is here with his video :jonny2:

sit on my face :jonnycat:

4 hours ago, ryoncé said:

also this is album is a masterclass in how to make a song feel full, rich, varied, complex and COMPLETE even when its literally under 2 minutes.

I was so disappointed when the time lengths came out because so many artists cut quality when they cut the time down so much, but each song on this album feels like such an EXPERIENCE, regardless of it goes past the 3 minute mark or hardly even passes the 2 minute mark  

Beyonce and Demi releasing best albums!! what a year :jonny6:

smoore95GAGA
3 minutes ago, Pink Ranger said:

king is here with his video :jonny2:

sit on my face :jonnycat:

He loves literally everything he reacts to so his opinion doesn’t mean anything :cm:

1 minute ago, smoore95GAGA said:

He loves literally everything he reacts to so his opinion doesn’t mean anything :cm:

He doesn’t love everything tho, I’ve seen virtually all his videos :cm:

you can leave now :cm:

The first half of the album is def way better than the second half. I think she could have cut down some of the songs. 

22 minutes ago, coolcristobal said:

Help Me is hovering right under but I remember someone here a month ago said it reminds them of those messy Cupcakke remix parodies on YouTube and I can’t unhear it whenever it comes on :bibliahh:

I hear it too now :deadbanana2:

21 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Stop projecting, ATRL user Yonka.

And not you stanning BEYONCE yet calling Demi fat :bibliahh: yikes - your hypocrisy is simply off the charts

Absolutely not. Watch yourself.

I went to see them at GMA this morning… very good and I loved substance live :WAP:

but we could tell they were in a bad mood lol maybe it was just having to sing at 7 am but