Normani explains why she hasn’t released her album yet

Nefertiti0

“I understand that [waiting] might not be the easiest in regards to supporting me, but I think that people really don’t understand, especially coming out of a girl group, what most may have thought was the perfect time for me to release — during ‘Motivation’ — was not it at all because I would’ve put out a body of the work that I wasn’t confident in,” Normani adds, referring to her 2019 single.

Despite industry support and high expectations from avid fans, her debut album has been pushed back several times, and now in 2022, Normani is OK with the delay.

“I had a lot of growing to do. I had a lot of artist development, which I feel like people don’t take seriously. They throw artists on stage completely unprepared. And for me, that mentality was very important. Now, I’ve also been very critical on myself. So I think it’s been a combination of things, but it’s definitely going to be worth the wait.”

"I needed to go through my process to figure out sonically, OK, what means something to me? What do I want my sound to sound like? Let me actually live these real experiences so I have something to talk about. I’m very, very prideful of what I do and the art. It means a lot to me and I’m heavily involved in literally every single aspect. Anything that you can think of, my hand is in. I’m very competitive with myself. ... So I’m always wanting to strive for the best quality."

"For me, I like quality over quantity for sure, but I also know that it’s a game and the way that people digest music is so different than it was back in the day. So it’s having to adapt to that, but also making sure that you put out something that’s authentic to you."

"And then personal life stuff, taking place. A lot of people still don’t know my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I wanted to go home, but the reason I was able to push through was because me being in the studio, and me working toward finishing this album, got her through her chemo and got her through that whole process, which was very, very devastating for our family. People are so quick to speak, but don’t know. To my fans, I’m appreciative because they’ve walked with me and they have been patient, and I know that it’s frustrating, but I would ask them to trust me."

“Status of the album? Summer for sure. Tour? Coming.”

Normani dreams of collaborating with Beyoncé, Rihanna, Doja Cat, and Rosalía.

https://www.bustle.com/entertainment/normani-debut-album-release-date-fair-lyrics-meaning-collaborations

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WheresJay

• magazine

• yonsé

• bocelli

2 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Keep dreaming! :toofunny3:

5 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Good luck booking that collab you speak of :fan:

I get it but your body of work GROWS as you release a debut and sophomore. You tell your story and how you feel at at particular time in your life. She was like 22 when Motovation dropped. If that album had of been generic, that would have been fine. Now would be the time for a second or even 3rd album that better articulates who she is as an artist.

And despite what she says, she did get artist development on 5H. No one gets a perfect manual on how to be an artist. 

the most moronic thing i read all day

"i did a lot of growing up" and youre gonna do a hell lot more growing up from the pre order of an album to it's release day, what the **** is this

The way Camila has like three hit albums already and Normani cant even get her debut to get released due to zero demand. She must be so pissed

DBSaqca.gif

Edited by bocelli

Normani dreams of collaborating with Beyoncé, Rihanna, Doja Cat, and Rosalía

:ahh: 

Just now, bocelli said:

Camila has like three hit albums

Ummmm

DBSaqca.gif

This are all key buzz words for: Sabotage. Kelly literally used the same narrative about finding herself while they were pushing hard for Yoncé and diming her light so she wouldn’t blow up. If the label wanted her to release an album she would’ve had one during Motivation but the industry is trying to push her out. :biblio:

Everybody keeps saying summer but yet time is ticking and we already here

1 minute ago, bocelli said:

The way Camila has like three hit albums

DBSaqca.gif

2 minutes ago, bocelli said:

The way Camila has like three hit albums

DBSaqca.gif

we-

DBSaqca.gif

Status of the album? Summer for sure.

Which summer?

DBSaqca.gif

Edited by ATWK

oh shut up. this would've been a nice speech if she were 18, but she's 26. just accept you're a commercial failure and drop the album. experience that. perhaps it'll be humbling.

I can’t stand hearing her speak about this album anymore

MadonnasBoyfriend

I knew she was gonna go with the perfectionist bs

Thinking Of You
9 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

what most may have thought was the perfect time for me to release — during ‘Motivation’ — was not it at all because I would’ve put out a body of the work that I wasn’t confident in

You shouldn’t be an artist then if you aren’t even confident in your own work that you created and put together. 

It was a sweet message. It’s kind of unfortunate how 2 of the artists she looks up to are actually singers who debuted after her. :gaycat6:

Girl, just release the album already, this nonsense of I'm releasing something I'm confident about and my art and prefer quality over quantiy is bs, otherwise she wouldn't have released these past 2 songs which aren't the best example of quality :rip: 

All that process and time to grow up and find her sound just to release that flat song titled Fair?

M'am you are not Kate Bush. Release your debut album and flop with dignity girl. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.