JLo cries accepting MTV Award: ”Thanks to the people that told me I couldn’t do this”

Bimbo

Just now, insomniac said:

_0d9f7584-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

_0fdb7456-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

_12ecb7c2-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

_1796d3f2-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

995fc2f6932fc2c6a74023753aa415eb.jpg

EpfQbWk.jpg

I love Beyoncé, but in her early solo career she took quite a bit of inspiration from J.Lo in terms of looks. One time is a coincidence, but this many times. Exactly same dresses. Let’s not.

Not me giving you a Get Out Of Jail Free Card for the Beyoncé comment only for you to clown yourself with this post :ahh:

I don’t give a **** about designer dresses that are shared amongst stars. Come back to me when you can explain away Jenny using the N word in her culture vulture era. 

MV5BNzkzNGU0YjItZjA5Yi00MDNjLTk5OGMtNGY2

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• insomniac

• suburbannature

• SavagePapi

7 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Not me giving you a Get Out Of Jail Free Card for the Beyoncé comment only for you to clown yourself with this post :ahh:

I don’t give a **** about designer dresses that are shared amongst stars.

Sure, but no one was wearing as many of the same dresses or even had their mom/stylist create outfits similar to hers. JLo was very influential in terms of fashion/looks by the early 00's and during that time B was already an adult and well, working in the industry. I can see her being inspired because they seem to share a similar taste and style when it comes to looks. You said to that one member that B never copied J, and I am just showing you that she has or was at least incredibly inspired by her looks. The pictures are the receipts. In some of those pics even the hairstyles are similar.

Either way, I don't want to derail the thread with B vs. J because there's no need for it. Both these ladies love each other and have shown mutual admiration for one another and I am sure were inspired by each other at various points. You've already made up your mind to hate on J.Lo either way because of a one-sided fued from Mariah some decades ago and use of the n-word in "I'm Real" and her supposedly being a culture vulture and that's up to you.

jlo-beyonce-1.gif

28 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

I don’t give a **** about designer dresses that are shared amongst stars. Come back to me when you can explain away Jenny using the N word in her culture vulture era. 

MV5BNzkzNGU0YjItZjA5Yi00MDNjLTk5OGMtNGY2

I will stop with Russia/Ukraine when Lambs will grow up, cause they need comparaison to understand like kids.

Here we go again with the N word.

Funny you start talking about her Latina legacy then it turned in too à justice case. :toofunny3:

Dont go to the Bronx cause everyone is using the world. Latinos, Blacks, Whites, Arabe will call you like this for asking you a random things.

Please dont go to the Bronx, stay trolling on your computer. Thats your talent not mind, I admit It.

Insecure lamby.

:rip:

Not a war being mentioned in here.

:toofunny3:

13 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

Not the collages kdfsdjfhs what have I done

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

***** this thread kdksksk

ezgif-6-5ed2a6b2c1.png

Okay can we admit that LoverBoy was going to ‘flop’ (by Mariah’s insanely high standards) regardless of the firecracker sample? I’m a stan of LoverBoy of course and I’m Real because they’re both good songs. The real problem was Tommy Mottola and ya’ll would know that if you read her book. The world is better off for both these artists being in the world. 

Move on. Both of them have. The gif was cute and a kii and will never get old but they have both cemented legacies over many decades and are increasingly, if not belatedly, getting the dues they deserve in the industry. Let’s just celebrate them both and not make women fight for one spot when there’s mediocre male artists taking up the majority of the charts to this day. 

happy mean girls GIF

Edited by Slap

My god... How do we end up here just because of a person emotional speech over an achievement she's made regardless of the hate she has endured in over 30 years of being in an industry that TRIED to segregate, erase, diminish, devalue and underestimate her?

- Jennifer Lopez will ALWAYS be an inspiration to many of your faves when it comes to looks, legacy, beauty, career, achievements and feminism. 

- I don't understand why people try to pit artist that she has worked alongside her who praise her before and after working with her against her (Beyoncé , Shakira, etc); what do you gain as a fan trying to start a narrative that your fav doesn't even publicly support?

- Regardless if you don't like her; JLO still gonna do JLO. She's going to keep doing what she loves to do, music, film, men, face tune and GET YOU MAD. 

- Things will happen for her whether you like it or not but wishing so much bad on someone only hurts the person doing this and actually rebukes. Maybe this is her real youth fountain which if it is; I am glad since it means she'll actually never age because low scums of people like the haters on this threat will always exist. 

giphy.gif giphy.gif

giphy.gif giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Phantom said:

So my takeaway from this thread is that the sovereign nation of Jennifer Lopez is being invaded by the mafia oligarchy that is Mariah Carey? 

:deadbanana4: this site 

:bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh: I love ATRL

1 hour ago, Slap said:

Okay can we admit that LoverBoy was going to ‘flop’ (by Mariah’s insanely high standards) regardless of the firecracker sample? I’m a stan of LoverBoy of course and I’m Real because they’re both good songs. The real problem was Tommy Mottola and ya’ll would know that if you read her book. The world is better off for both these artists being in the world. 

Move on. Both of them have. The gif was cute and a kii and will never get old but they have both cemented legacies over many decades and are increasingly, if not belatedly, getting the dues they deserve in the industry. Let’s just celebrate them both and not make women fight for one spot when there’s mediocre male artists taking up the majority of the charts to this day. 

happy mean girls GIF

I like what you did but still a mess to bring Motolla ex-wife here.

This is so Out Of Topic. 

:hoetenks:

A certain fan base just need some medecine help. 

1 hour ago, Both Sides Now said:

You make fair points about JLo’s impact in the industry but how am I supposed to read: 

and interpret that as anything other than “JLo was the first visible Latina in the entertainment industry”.

It’s not “silly” to get caught in the detail of words when it is a written post. :deadbanana4: It’s the only information available to me. You’re saying I don’t know what that member meant but maybe you should actually be quoting that member and explaining to them why they are wrong :rip: 

I won’t even begin to start with the claim Beyoncé, a black woman, stole from Jennifer. We all know Jenny’s history with black culture. 

You do know that Google is free, right? A simple research could have given you the answers you were looking for.

And we do know Jennifer's history with "Hip-Hop" culture as she was literally born in the birthplace of Hip-Hop where young African Americans & Puerto Ricans formed the 5 pillars of Hip-Hop that we know today. Hip-Hop is her culture.

From stating how "Rappers Delight" (1979) from The Sugarhill Gang was the song that changed her life and made her fall in love with Rap/Hip-Hop music as a child, to taking professional classes in Hip-Hop & Freestyle at a very young age, to later being a flygirl on "In Living Color", to being a backup dancer on a few rap videos (later for Janet Jackson) before fully jumping into acting, and then incorporating R&B/Hip-Hop on her first album because it is very much a part of who she is. We know her history, do you?

1 minute ago, SavagePapi said:

And we do know Jennifer's history with "Hip-Hop" culture as she was literally born in the birthplace of Hip-Hop where young African Americans & Puerto Ricans formed the 5 pillars of Hip-Hop that we know today. Hip-Hop is her culture.

From stating how "Rappers Delight" (1979) from The Sugarhill Gang was the song that changed her life and made her fall in love with Rap/Hip-Hop music as a child, to taking professional classes in Hip-Hop & Freestyle at a very young age, to later being a flygirl on "In Living Color", to being a backup dancer on a few rap videos (later for Janet Jackson) before fully jumping into acting, and then incorporating R&B/Hip-Hop on her first album because it is very much a part of who she is. We know her history, do you?

:heart2:

The majority of ATRL members never been to the Bronx.

Some folks from here will be suprised to be called by the N-word easily while visiting the BX.  :chick1:

9 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

You do know that Google is free, right? A simple research could have given you the answers you were looking for.

What are you talking about? :deadbanana4: Like again, this isn’t addressing anything I was talking about. I was correcting another user who said JLo was the only visible Latina in the entertainment industry at the time. She wasn’t. End of. Next thing there were claims that Mariah Carey is Russia and Jenny is Ukraine :deadbanana4:

About her history with black culture: that same user suggested that Bey had copied JLo’s style. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of suggesting Beyoncé steals from JLo when the “All Lives Matter” actress has continually been criticised for stealing from black culture (clothing, music, vocals from black women). Her enjoyment of Rappers Delight has nothing to do with it :rip:  

You guys are arguing points that no one is making. Jenny likes Hip-Hop? Great. Nobody was claiming otherwise. 

Lets be clear.

It was a JLo thread then you and all the others Mariah fans came here.:rip:

The haters in here seething. 

Jlo will keep slaying and booking stages only your faves wish they could book 

19 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

What are you talking about? :deadbanana4: Like again, this isn’t addressing anything I was talking about. I was correcting another user who said JLo was the only visible Latina in the entertainment industry at the time. She wasn’t. End of. Next thing there were claims that Mariah Carey is Russia and Jenny is Ukraine :deadbanana4:

About her history with black culture: that same user suggested that Bey had copied JLo’s style. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of suggesting Beyoncé steals from JLo when the “All Lives Matter” actress has continually been criticised for stealing from black culture (clothing, music, vocals from black women). Her enjoyment of Rappers Delight has nothing to do with it :rip:  

You guys are arguing points that no one is making. Jenny likes Hip-Hop? Great. Nobody was claiming otherwise. 

:jonny: 

1 minute ago, Both Sides Now said:

Because you made a erroneous statement about "black culture". What does that have to do with Jennifer Lopez? The race baiting is pretty evident. Her culture is also Hip-Hop, which Puerto Ricans also contributed to and helped form. Of course she was going to be influenced by that. Why wouldn't she?

And continuously criticized :rip: By who? ATRL and Twitter? Some of you really do need a reality check. There's life outside the internet. Nobody is clocking J.Lo for anything and think they are winning. It's been proven time and time again that she has never stolen vocals, nor stolen songs from anyone. And please don't preach to us about "rumors" or gossip blogs. All personnel have been credited, have explained themselves (I can provide receipts if you like), and she has never been sued in court. Most still praise her. Now it's stealing music, vocals and clothing from black people? Like girl, clothing? Which goes back to my point of her influence by Hip-Hop, which is her culture. Her styles has always been a mix of Latin & Hip-Hop influences. Stop the madness.

You guys are insufferable, and it really shows. All this over some MTV Award? You guys should have just sat there and ate your food tbh. And lastly, she did open doors and broken down barriers and stereotypes for Latinos in film in the 90s. Before J.Lo, a majority of roles for Latinos in the mainstream media consisted mostly of maids, criminals, and small supportive roles abeit a few successes. You would know that if you cared enough, but instead you want to rewrite history. Today, many WOC have named her as an inspiration, influence and have mentioned her for opening doors for them. Critics and journalists have also spoken about her impact in the film industry as well.

A great read here since you oddly can't find information available to you:

https://www.oprahdaily.com/entertainment/a28179945/jennifer-lopez-latina-influence/

7 minutes ago, SavagePapi said:

And continuously criticized :rip: By who? ATRL and Twitter? Some of you really do need a reality check. There's life outside the internet. Nobody is clocking J.Lo for anything and think they are winning. It's been proven time and time again that she has never stolen vocals, nor stolen songs from anyone. 

:bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

:bibliahh:

Well, it's true. Stolen songs and stolen vocals from whom?

:ahh: 

This has all been cleared many times over. BGVs (which is common practice in the industry) are not stolen vocals. Do ya'll need receipts?

3 hours ago, Elusive Chanteuse said:

They are trying to give her some kind of legacy she does not have. A neftlix special like she some kind of legacy on par with Beyonce and this fake award. :rip::jonny4:

Imagine believing Jennifer Lopez has no legacy :rip:

Lambs are so insufferable when it comes to Jlo. Just like their fave I guess :biblio:

Edited by K@rm@

I wish Mariah would release music more regularly because her stans are soooooo bored that they're obsessed with hating JLo all day :deadbanana2:

It's funny when Lambs say JLo is irrelevant but talkin about her 24/7 ... :bibliahh::bibliahh:

Definition of pressed ! :coffee2:

1 hour ago, getback said:

I wish Mariah would release music more regularly because her stans are soooooo bored that they're obsessed with hating JLo all day :deadbanana2:

Imagine waisting time of your life for someone you dont know which has win an irrelevant award ?

Thats the life of a Mariah Carey fan.

:hoetenks:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.