JLo cries accepting MTV Award: ”Thanks to the people that told me I couldn’t do this”

Bimbo

6 hours ago, Chris said:

The way the Lambs scurried in here yet call other fanbases insecure and pressed.

:dies:

It is just not the lambs tho, the quotes are eating her up. The GP really don’t give a f

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yudelkis

• insomniac

• suburbannature

• SavagePapi

14 hours ago, Phantom said:

I like ha and think she should've been nominated for Hustlers at least, but ngl it's serving:

:deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Yudelkis said:

They act like Russia who want to erase Ukraine. :ace:

Ukraine will always exist, will always be loved, no matter if it’s smaller or less important than Russia or whatever.

Well that the same for Jennifer, so they better stop losing their time to hate on her. 

It’s embarassing to hate.

Not comparing Lambs vs. JLo stans to Russia invading Ukraine :hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

3 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Not comparing Lambs vs. JLo stans to Russia invading Ukraine :hoetenks::hoetenks::hoetenks:

:rip:

7 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Do some people even thinking before clicking post :deadbanana2:

Lambs are so bitter. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Lambs are so bitter. 

It’s more than that, see I need to compare them to Russia, cause they do not understand. :ace:

What a waist of time on hating on a woman « they don’t know ».

18 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

ksdjfdsklfdsgh

22 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

14 minutes ago, Homebrand said:

Do some people even thinking before clicking post :deadbanana2:

3 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

ksdjfdsklfdsgh

People be saying the craziest ****.

hNgN8sI.gif

i'd be fuming too if my fave can barely walk meanwhile Jenny booked and awarded

Russia. Ukraine. All these for a made-up award :rip:

hNgN8sI.gif

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Lambs are so bitter. 

They know their fave will NEVER have a successful movie career and are forever bitter.

She has a Netflix doc coming tomorrow 

She and her team wanted a viral moment and they got it (kinda) 

3 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

They act like Russia who want to erase Ukraine. :ace:

Ukraine will always exist, will always be loved, no matter if it’s smaller or less important than Russia or whatever.

Well that the same for Jennifer, so they better stop losing their time to hate on her. 

It’s embarassing to hate.

I don't know whether to laugh or facepalm at this. Comparing a millionaire who's laughed at for crying over receiving an irrelevant award to a war-torn country. I-

The only thing Lopez is respected for is her ass. Her filmography is hot garbage. Her music career is even worse. "Hustlers" was her only acclaimed and financially successful movie in two decades, and let's be real, neither the film nor her performance were those groundbreaking achievements that some people want them to be. 

This woman is lowkey disrespected a lot for no reason. :rip: 

From what I've seen she's either not taken seriously by some or underestimated when she's a good performer and dancer.

This thread is hilarious. :dies:

But honestly, she’s not a very nice person if you go by the accounts of a lot of the Idol contestants that were on the show when she was judge. I’m inclined to believe most of them as well, the show never produced a mega star when she was on; what do they have to lose? :michael:

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

fkfdjfsh :deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

4 hours ago, Yudelkis said:

LIES.

Anaconda was released a month after Selena. 

Both were shoot in 1996.

Anaconda was even more easy to see than Selena since it got more theaters distribution.

Breaking boundaries Latinas for also playing in Out Of Sight.

There was no mention of race for Karen Cisco role in Out Of Sight. A big deal since Sandra Bullock, a white actress was supposed to get the role. 

Why Lambs are acting like JLovers ? Acting like they know all JLo career facts, WTF. :fan:
@SavagePapi @DanceAgain @CosTaSsSs

Yes, but both Selena and Anaconda were released in 1997 which is not the early 90s :deadbanana4: 

She was not the first visible Latina in the entertainment industry as @Invertedwas saying… Considering her first acclaimed role was playing a very grounding-breaking Mexican-American woman (Selena) that should be obvious :deadbanana4: It’s just ignorant to suggest otherwise. 

Also, drop this Ukraine analogy. It’s very distasteful. 

So my takeaway from this thread is that the sovereign nation of Jennifer Lopez is being invaded by the mafia oligarchy that is Mariah Carey? 

:deadbanana4: this site 

45 minutes ago, Phantom said:

So my takeaway from this thread is that the sovereign nation of Jennifer Lopez is being invaded by the mafia oligarchy that is Mariah Carey? 

:deadbanana4: this site 

I can’t. They need to stop :rip: 

50 minutes ago, Both Sides Now said:

Yes, but both Selena and Anaconda were released in 1997 which is not the early 90s :deadbanana4: 

She was not the first visible Latina in the entertainment industry as @Invertedwas saying… Considering her first acclaimed role was playing a very grounding-breaking Mexican-American woman (Selena) that should be obvious :deadbanana4: It’s just ignorant to suggest otherwise. 

How silly, you’re getting stuck on details of words. I’m not reading back if @Invertedsaid she was the first visible Latina in Hollywood, but yes she did break down barriers as a Latina in that industry. Someone in here listed quite a few Latina’s who thought so too and have spoken about it in the press throughout the years. J.Lo broke the glass ceiling when it comes to Latina pay in Hollywood (first Latina paid $1 Million in Hollywood), consistently challenging gender and ethnic paygaps (later on first Latina to be paid $9 Million). She showed a curvy body was marketable in Hollywood and so was a Latina. Latina’s deserved to play more onscreen roles beyond the stereotypical ones like the maid and she showed Hollywood studios they could also be a movie leads and get filmgoers to the movies. 

Lopez would succeed in multiple entertainment genres and media forms. Unlike Moreno, however, Lopez would also have the chance to break barriers faced by Latina actresses deemed too “ethnic” to play romantic leads in mainstream Hollywood films. As both Wesley Snipes’ and Woody Harrison’s love interest in Money Train (1995), Matthew McConaughey ’s dream girl in The Wedding Planner (2001), or Ralph Fiennes’ beautiful hotel maid/socialite in Maid in Manhattan (2002).

Eva Longoria, Sofia Vergara, Eva Mendes, Selena Gomez are some of the people that have spoken out and claimed she broke barriers for them to succeed in Hollywood. That’s an impact that shouldn’t be downplayed by getting caught on the words “first visible Latina”. I’m sure you know what that member meant.

Edited by insomniac

Mariah Carey stans are so bitter and insecure. The hate some of you have for this woman is so unhealthy. Ya claim she's so iRrElvEvAnT but you guys are always swarming to her threads like vicious wasps. J.Lo is a successful entertainer/legend for over 20 years and there's nothing anyone of you can do about it. Yall are made because she's 50+ thriving, happy, successful, rich and still looks amazing at her age. 

They are trying to give her some kind of legacy she does not have. A neftlix special like she some kind of legacy on par with Beyonce and this fake award. :rip::jonny4:

3 minutes ago, insomniac said:

I can’t. They need to stop :rip: 

How silly, you’re getting stuck on details of words. I’m not reading back if @Invertedsaid she was the first visible Latina in Hollywood, but yes she did break down barriers as a Latina in that industry. Someone in here listed quite a few Latina’s who thought so too and have spoken about it in the press throughout the years. J.Lo broke the glass ceiling when it comes to Latina pay in Hollywood (first Latina paid $1 Million in Hollywood), consistently challenging gender and ethnic paygaps (later on first Latina to be paid $9 Million). She showed a curvy body was marketable in Hollywood and so was a Latina. Latina’s deserved to play more onscreen roles beyond the stereotypical ones like the maid and she showed Hollywood studios they could also be a movie leads and get filmgoers to the movies. 

Lopez would succeed in multiple entertainment genres and media forms. Unlike Moreno, however, Lopez would also have the chance to break barriers faced by Latina actresses deemed too “ethnic” to play romantic leads in mainstream Hollywood films. As both Wesley Snipes’ and Woody Harrison’s love interest in Money Train (1995), Matthew McConaughey ’s dream girl in The Wedding Planner (2001), or Ralph Fiennes’ beautiful hotel maid/socialite in Maid in Manhattan (2002).

Eva Longoria, Sofia Vergara, Eva Mendes, Selena Gomez are some of the people that have spoken out and claimed she broke barriers for them to succeed in Hollywood. That’s an impact that shouldn’t be downplayed by getting caught on the words “first visible Latina”. I’m sure you know what that member meant.

You make fair points about JLo’s impact in the industry but how am I supposed to read: 

There was no one in the entertainment industry that looked like her or was anything like her, which is what set her apart from others.

and interpret that as anything other than “JLo was the first visible Latina in the entertainment industry”.

It’s not “silly” to get caught in the detail of words when it is a written post. :deadbanana4: It’s the only information available to me. You’re saying I don’t know what that member meant but maybe you should actually be quoting that member and explaining to them why they are wrong :rip: 

I won’t even begin to start with the claim Beyoncé, a black woman, stole from Jennifer. We all know Jenny’s history with black culture. 

12 hours ago, Both Sides Now said:

And PLEASE, Beyoncé has never copy and pasted anything of Jennifer:dies:

_0d9f7584-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

_0fdb7456-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

_12ecb7c2-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

_1796d3f2-e9ab-11e5-90f8-20a657ae7b03.jp

995fc2f6932fc2c6a74023753aa415eb.jpg

EpfQbWk.jpg

I love Beyoncé, but in her early solo career she took quite a bit of inspiration from J.Lo in terms of looks. One time is a coincidence, but this many times. Exactly same dresses. Let’s not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.