H100: As It Was 5x #1, About Damn Time #4, Me Porto Bonito #7, Ruming Up That Hill #8

Renan90

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah Bad Bunny not being able to sell anyyyyyy physicals (dont know if he has them, but he certainly would If he had demand) is really interesting given his massive streaming

Bad Bunny makes playlist music, not music fans actually connect (and form parasocial relationships :rip:) with 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ger

• More Than A Melody

• QueenofCopyPaste

• killer_rose

42 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Bad Bunny makes playlist music, not music fans actually connect (and form parasocial relationships :rip:) with 

it's because he has no physicals for this album available. his nearly $200 vinyl box sold out of its 15K US run before it came out earlier this year. Some of y'all are so out of touch :rip:

1 hour ago, Isaiah said:

His tour is the #1 tour of the year…

The people on this site are so out of touch it really amazes me. 

5 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Yeah Bad Bunny not being able to sell anyyyyyy physicals (dont know if he has them, but he certainly would If he had demand) is really interesting given his massive streaming

Bad Bunny still has 6 tracks in the Spotify top 10.... More tracks helps some, absolutely, but there is no comparison between their global streaming numbers.

And yes a 13 track album will always have a better average than a 23 track album. BB would have a better average too with less tracks

This is a thread about Billboard 200. I'm talking about Spotify US...

Literally as of yesterday, Harry had 11/13 songs in the top 50 (the other two were at 52 and 72). 11/13 songs had half a million streams or more (with one being off half a million by <14,000). Bad Bunny had 8/23 songs in top 50 and 9 songs out of top 100 (1 song wasn't even charting on Spotify 200). With the same amount of tracks, Harry would be doing significantly better than Bad Bunny on Spotify US. Bad Bunny pulls 3M+ daily streams out of his low charting tracks, simply because there's so many of them

And this is with Saturday numbers, which are of course gonna benefit the party album vs the pop album.

Edited by More Than A Melody

1 hour ago, Jennifer said:

His tour is the #1 tour of the year…

According to whom? The tour he just finished is not #1, that would be Coldplay. BB is starting a new tour now, and it's stadiums, but it only has 43 dates in North and South America.

Coldplay, Ed, and Harry's current tours will end up ahead in totals unless BB ends up with an average ticket price of $250. The Weeknd and Justin Bieber will probably end up ahead too. Elton John as well.

2 hours ago, Little Dark Age said:

it's because he has no physicals for this album available. his nearly $200 vinyl box sold out of its 15K US run before it came out earlier this year. Some of y'all are so out of touch :rip:

That's really not as impressive as you make it seem :rip: a collector's item in a limited format for an album that was already successful selling 15K with pre orders is......... meh? Maybe if he had more available it would've sold more but 15K is a low amount for a collector's item. Nobody denies that he's a big artist but you're the one out of touch if you think this means he has demand for physicals. If he had demand... he would push physicals. As simple as that.

Edited by More Than A Melody

oh wow, i didn't know the first single bad bunny charted in the US was smasha mayores. it's amazing how big he's become within 5 years.

Two weeks at BB200 No. 1? My fave’s 7th album / 2nd playlist can’t relate. :clap3:

3 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

That's really not as impressive as you make it seem :rip: a collector's item in a limited format for an album that was already successful selling 15K with pre orders is......... meh? Maybe if he had more available it would've sold more but 15K is a low amount for a collector's item. Nobody denies that he's a big artist but you're the one out of touch if you think this means he has demand for physicals. If he had demand... he would push physicals. As simple as that.

it's a hint that people will buy his stuff but the bottom line is we don't know for sure because there's nothing available to sell. as someone pointed out, his tour is also #1 for the year so far according to Billboard. to call someone a playlist artist despite evidence that they have a big fanbase and overperform for their genre comes across very ignorant and out of touch to me. that is why I quoted that post.

I will also say the production timeline for the physical market is kind of a disaster right now. I have no idea when the album was turned in but it's very possible they just couldn't get it pressed in time.

but reading your other comments, it's clear you're pressed that people are comparing him to Harry. they do not need to be compared, both albums are fantastic and performing well. and lol a "party album", you've clearly never heard it either 

1 hour ago, Little Dark Age said:

it's a hint that people will buy his stuff but the bottom line is we don't know for sure because there's nothing available to sell. as someone pointed out, his tour is also #1 for the year so far according to Billboard. to call someone a playlist artist despite evidence that they have a big fanbase and overperform for their genre comes across very ignorant and out of touch to me. that is why I quoted that post.

I will also say the production timeline for the physical market is kind of a disaster right now. I have no idea when the album was turned in but it's very possible they just couldn't get it pressed in time.

but reading your other comments, it's clear you're pressed that people are comparing him to Harry. they do not need to be compared, both albums are fantastic and performing well. and lol a "party album", you've clearly never heard it either 

Trust me, we do know. If he had demand for physicals his label would push physicals. It's not rocket science. Teams research the market. There's a ton more money in pushing physicals than in streaming. Streaming makes pennies in comparison, especially for someone like Bad Bunny who's bulk of streaming happens in Latin America. For instance, I pay $4,150 Chilean pesos for my Spotify Premium membership, which is $5.11 dollars. The same account in the US pays $9.99. Most of BB's audience essentially pays half of what most of Drake's, The Weeknd, Harry, Taylor, etc, and that will definitely play into what BB gets paid for his streaming.

Producing physicals is expensive and distributing them even more so, unless the artist knows they can make bank off it they often don't bother. You have to be DEEP in a fanbase to sell a ton of CDs, like Kendrick (who still only managed to sell about 25K). Vinyls are even more expensive to produce, and yeah, the timelines for producing are delayed, but if he had plans to come out with vinyls he would've announced it already and set up preorders, like others did before him. He might come up with vinyls eventually, but it'll be a response to the demand growing, not to the demand already existing.

And I called it a party album because from Friday to Saturday, when most albums experience a steep decline in streams, he only lost 200K. And I'm validated in that assessment considering from Saturday to Sunday it lost 1M+ (this is US only). His big songs didn't lose streams on Saturday because they're party songs. One of them is literally called Party :rip: and it literally sounds like this:

What's more likely to sound at a party. That? Or this?

Some of you are reaching with T-Rex arms to try and undermine Harry’s success. And Benito has become the new Adele (back when people stanned her success) as far as using other artists as a weapon to attack other successful artists. They’re both doing great. Y’all weird. 

#8 YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, absolutely insane this is happening. :cries: 

We're going even HIGHER next week. :duca: :duca: 

Congratulations to this historic success! 2022 has been wild!

Yay, 2nd week in the top 10 for LNT :clap3: 

AIW smashing :clap3: 

RUTH re-peaking almost 40 years later.

HW, released in 2020, back to Top 5 securing the title for biggest song of the year.

Such a wild year.

Heat Waves & Stay :dies: dieee ***** die!!

As It Was 5th week at #1 :alexz: Late Night Talking 2nd week at the Top 10 :gaycat4: they better release the video this Friday 

Think RUTH is going #4 next week.

Kate :jonny5: :jonny5: I know streaming can have its downsides on the charts, but it's fascinating that it can suddenly give an artist her very first Top 10 hit in a 40+ year career. So happy for her, the song is incredible :clap3:

Me Porto Bonito & Titi Me Pregunto are coming:WAP:

RUTH coming for smash of the summer:deadbanana4:

20 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

Only because it has 10 more tracks. Average per track Harry's House is doing a lot better (even week by week comparisons).

It's definitely impressive that BB is doing so well, but ATRL keeps trying to use him to shade Harry when Harry is clearly bigger in the US (and globally) :rip: 

Y'all keep setting Benito up, when we could be saying they're both great. But that's ATRL for you...

:deadbanana2:

As It Was smashing :clap3:

LNT still Top10 :heart:

12 minutes ago, luanziie said:

RUTH deserved a higher placement 

This week!!!!

What is "Ruming up that Hill"?

OT: I've been a Kate stan since I was a kid, so unreal to see her becoming an overnight sensation decades later :duca: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.