Reba
Roswell

etc

versus The CW which had shows like:

Riverdale 
Nancy Drew

Arrowverse

Charmed reboot 

Buffy is considered the best teen show of all-time or at least one of the best, no show on The CW will match that level of iconic-ness except maybe Supernatural and I don't count it cause it originated on The WB but finished on The CW.

You’re right. The only shows that originated on The CW that were genuinely great were Nikita and iZombie. Nikita is one of the most underrated shows I’ve ever seen.

It was truly the end of an era when Supernatural finished as it was the last remaining WB original. :chick3:

7 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

You’re right. The only shows that originated on The CW that were genuinely great were Nikita and iZombie. Nikita is one of the most underrated shows I’ve ever seen.

It was truly the end of an era when Supernatural finished as it was the last remaining WB original. :chick3:

I thought Supernatural would never end cause Jared and Jensen are truly brothers and love each other. I felt so old when it ended. 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

I thought Supernatural would never end cause Jared and Jensen are truly brothers and love each other. I felt so old when it ended. 

I was so emotional when it ended. It’s the only show I’ve watched since the beginning that lasted so long. 15 years is insane and it’s crazy they were still able to retain the quality as I loved every episode. 

If you didn’t watch Nikita, I’d highly recommend it. One of the best shows ever. Maggie Q is such a great actress. :wanda:

WB raised generations of **** :jonny5:

Add Smallville to that list

tumblr_ob98lx1EnK1u6n38po1_250.gif

1 minute ago, Cutthroat said:

I was so emotional when it ended. It’s the only show I’ve watched since the beginning that lasted so long. 15 years is insane and it’s crazy they were still able to retain the quality as I loved every episode. 

If you didn’t watch Nikita, I’d highly recommend it. One of the best shows ever. Maggie Q is such a great actress. :wanda:

did it end on a satisfying enough finale?

Just now, Totami Legend said:

WB raised generations of **** :jonny5:

Add Smallville to that list

tumblr_ob98lx1EnK1u6n38po1_250.gif

Isn't Smallville mostly a CW show? it had two seasons on the WB i think 

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

WB 2001-2006

CW 2006-2011

The best seasons were on WB obviously tumblr_ob98lx1EnK1u6n38po1_250.gif

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

YES! I loved how they wrapped the show up. It was perfection from start to finish. 

tumblr_onryj25Kme1qdhps7o4_r1_250sq.gifv

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Smallville had 5 seasons on The WB and 5 seasons on The CW. Whereas Supernatural had 2 on The WB and 13 on The CW.

I’d still count them both as WB shows as that’s where they originated. 

Edited by Cutthroat

6 minutes ago, Cutthroat said:

YES! I loved how they wrapped the show up. It was perfection from start to finish. 

tumblr_onryj25Kme1qdhps7o4_r1_250sq.gifv

Smallville had 5 seasons on The WB and 5 seasons on The CW. Whereas Supernatural had 2 on The WB and 13 on The CW.

I’d still count them both as WB shows as that’s where they originated. 

Thanks for the rec! i'll add it to my watch list Notice how all of The WB actors had legitimate careers before & after but the CW looks like they grab a bunch of bland actors from Vancouver, Canada and call it a day. 

Just now, Josh said:

Thanks for the rec! i'll add it to my watch list Notice how all of The WB actors had legitimate careers before & after but the CW looks like they grab a bunch of bland actors from Vancouver, Canada and call it a day. 

I lost all interest in them as a network as soon as Supernatural ended. iZombie was great as it felt like Veronica Mars / Buffy and it gave me WB vibes. Nikita never fit on that network. It was honestly too good for The CW, but one thing I am grateful for is that they were given 4 seasons to tell their complete story, so at least the network didn’t do them dirty. 

https://showsnob.com/2018/07/29/the-cw-conclave-nikita-underrated/amp/

This is a great article on why it was their best show. It’s also spoiler free. :gaycat1:

I lost all interest in them as a network as soon as Supernatural ended. iZombie was great as it felt like Veronica Mars / Buffy and it gave me WB vibes. Nikita never fit on that network. It was honestly too good for The CW, but one thing I am grateful for is that they were given 4 seasons to tell their complete story, so at least the network didn’t do them dirty. 

https://showsnob.com/2018/07/29/the-cw-conclave-nikita-underrated/amp/

This is a great article on why it was their best show. It’s also spoiler free. :gaycat1:

The A List energy in this was amazing

1 minute ago, Josh said:

The A List energy in this was amazing

The WB really was that Network:WAP:

The WB really was that Network:WAP:

You had iconic actors like SMG, Katie Holmes, Jamie Foxx, Reba etc. but The CW's only most iconic actors imo are Jared and Jensen. thanks for the rec on Nakita! I'll update you when I watch the show

it really was

the downgrade in quality especially in writing was so different going from wb to the cw

even with supernatural there's an obvious difference between the quality of the first 2 season that aired on wb and the rest

This is a fact. The CW is basically a parody of what it once was. It’s the go to joke channel for teen drama and Supernatural drama shows. The WB was peak Teen pop culture of the late 90’s to early 2000’s. Even it’s sitcoms and short lived series were better in every aspect. It reached the black audience and the suburban white teens in a way no other Channel came close. It also gave us Buffy. That alone has done more for entertainment and pop culture then the CW’s biggest shows?‍♀️

The way our family TV used to be glued to The WB at 8PM stat every weeknight from like 1998-2002. Like

Buffy :jonny5:

Angel :jonny5:

Charmed :jonny5:

Dawson's Creek :jonny5:

Sabrina The Teenage Witch :jonny5:

Reba (although I got into this one once it was in syndication at other networks) :jonny5:

They really did not miss... :jonny2:

Special mention to Popular. Lowkey the original Mean Girls :smitten:

Edited by KLatz

Buffy, Charmed, Angel and Sabrina alone wash and obliterate CW :rip:  I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

Aside from iZombie and a few of the arrowverse shows, the CW is trash. 

You didn't lie but you can't ignore Golden Globe winning Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend :WAP: 

Gossip Girl and The Vampire Diaries are also super iconic.

Edited by rzal

• 3 weeks later...

Whoever was casting men on that network. :flame:

On 6/2/2022 at 3:42 AM, Josh said:

Yes it got a final season of 6 episodes 

If the only shows on the cw u can think of is Riverdale and Arrowverse your mistaken lol

There were other great series

The Vampire Diaries (most of it anyway)

Gossip Girl

Nikita

I zombie

The 100

All American

Well not that many all the good ones they kept canceling in season 1 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.