Have you ever gotten SLAPPED in the face before? Why?

MadonnasBoyfriend

MadonnasBoyfriend

Chris Rock no need to answer but when I was a kid in the 90s I asked my grandma if she and my grandpa slept in the same bed and had sex with each other and she told my mom in a low voice who turned around and slapped me right in the face. I'm on the fence whether I deserved that or not but lesson definitely learned. I often remember it. Have any atrlers ever gotten a slap to the face before?

• ATRL Moderator

I have, it was in third grade and I had finally found a book I'd been looking for to use as a source for a research paper. I turned to my friend and exclaimed 'yeah baby' with absolutely no ill intent and she slapped me :toofunny2:

Per OP's story, I personally do not believe parents should slap their children. Flat out, I just don't think it's ever warranted (sans life or death situations). But I understand that discussion is nuanced and people have different ideas regarding what parents should and shouldn't do. I say this as a child who was spanked and will never be spanking my children should I have them. 

Yeah, you did not deserve to be slapped for asking that, especially if you were a kid.

Anyway, I was slapped once and not by a family member but for this girl in junior school, she used to pick on me quite often and didn't like that I reply back so she went and slapped me, I was shocked that she did that so my first instint was to do the same and slapped her back, she started crying and went to accused me with our teacher, the teacher was about to ground when I told her that hit me first and showed my cheek, she did nothing and send us back to our seats, needless to say that girl never talked to me again lol.

Yeah, most recently 2 years ago when my ex slapped me out of nowhere in the middle of the night while he was sleeping. He obviously didn't remember it the next morning as he was asleep and it was an accident, but he felt so bad and kept apologising after I told him :D 

Yes, I swallowed a few minutes later.

Who hasnt tbh

I've never said anything to warrant a reaction like that (if received)

so it's always the ******* audacity of some people :deadbanana2:

like a co-worker who didn't want to leave the door open, when I was sweating af and doing the whole work

she got angry and attacked me :rip:

(but not surprised by the workplace, 2 other co-workers had a one-sided beef with me because I didnt give them candy :skull: (which they didn't even ask, they just thought that if I gave someone, they should get one too))

Yeah, many times with no reason at all. Like, you have temper problem, go and fix it. I'm not your punching bag. And what's interesting - 99% of the time was from girls.

But for family, I have a two memories that worth mention because they are so stupid.

- On my sister 10th birthday my mother wanted me to put a pants that were very uncomfortable to wear. I said no and she slapped me... and I had to put them on. There is a photo where you can see her hand on my left cheek.

- And for my father, idk what age I was, my aunt and sister asked me to put the TV on, but they lied to me that we were allowed to watch TV that day (my father didn't allowed us to watch TV without him). So, he is back from work, saw them on the TV, started yelling at them and they said that I put it on to watch cartoons and left it on. So, he opens my door, grabs me by my t-shirt, I was in the air, slams me in the wardrobe, slaps me with one hand on my face so hard that my nose started bleeding. When he saw me, he started crying and apologizing... Physically abused since 4, yup, that's me. :cm:

yes. i insisted on it :gaycat1:

no, im sure girls have wanted too! but when I know a girl is pissed at me I run away and cry.

Plenty of times as a kid, but it was something rather common in our culture lol.

One that did have an emotional impact though was with my first boyfriend when I was in college. He was living in a neighbouring country so we were doing long distance, but seeing eachother monthly. One time I was visiting him for a week and while there I found out he was cheating on me. I was scared to say anything in fear he would kick me out and have nowhere to go as I was a broke student at that time in a foreign country and my flight was in a week. So I kept it to myself and just told him at the end of my stay that I know and we are breaking up. He slapped the **** out of me for 'pretending that everything is okay and staying in his house like that'

:smile:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.