Red, White & Royal Blue | Gay Amazon film | Out now!

Slate

12 hours ago, publikcitizen said:

Were the sex scenes good? 

10 hours ago, DeepEnd said:

How sexy is it

I think the sex scenes make sense in the context of the film. Taken out of context they might be too soft or quick for some people. But there is some intense kissing moments. And I'd say the main love making scene in the middle of the film is very sensual. Maybe you can guess who's the bottom... :fan:

But overall, the chemistry between the guys is what holds this movie together.

• Like 2

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Smarticle

• anti-bitch

• BOOMBAYAH

I’m currently watching and Alex’s actor drives me up the wall. They really couldn’t have found a more convincing actor? It’s especially painful when he shares a scene with Uma Thurman, though I’d say even Henry’s actor is miles ahead of him as well. Unfortunately, his performance truly reduces this movie to camp and cringe for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, touchofmyhand said:

I’m currently watching and Alex’s actor drives me up the wall. They really couldn’t have found a more convincing actor? It’s especially painful when he shares a scene with Uma Thurman, though I’d say even Henry’s actor is miles ahead of him as well. Unfortunately, his performance truly reduces this movie to camp and cringe for me.

Came here to say this, his line delivery gives introductory community theatre class.

This was okay, didn't really capture the magic of the book for me. Even though the story is kind of ridiculous, the book manages to sell it by having a ton of heart and coming off sincere without veering too far into melodrama. The movie feels rushed and surface level in comparison.

Nicholas Galitzine acted down in this :bird: and he was really yummy to look at.

They simplified some of the characters from the book down for the plot, but it was still amazing!

The sexual scene got me blushing :-*

I'm just happy to see a gay film on the front page of Amazon Prime, lol. We are going mainstream guys.

Spoiler

The museum dance with Can't Help Falling in Love playing...

spacer.png

• Like 1

The feels,  the feels :cries:

Ugh,  this was excellent. Nicholas and Taylor have magnetic chemistry with each other and I loved their dialog so much. The speeches they said to each other and to the public defending their love :heart:

Spoiler

OMG, the shot of Alex's ass :jonny5: Body for days!

The Lana Del Rey & Gaga references :ahh:

Uma as Ellen the president was a hoot and the actress that played Zara was the best supporting character, her girl boss persona had me in stitches :ahh:10/10. This should easily win a GLAAD award for Best Streaming Film.

The entire ending was chef's kiss.

Edited by Hector
  • Like 2

Lord have mercy, this was such a drag. I started wishing it would end 50 minutes in.

There were some really cute scenes, but mostly a waste of time.

• Like 2

Some things about politics are just ridiculous, but I don't mind. They are so sweet and the chemistry is amazing. I really enjoyed it, and I'm probably gonna watch again

I'm in a phase where I crave a cute relationship and Heartstopper and this aren't helping lol

However, it is so nice we have representation like this, I wouldn't have imagined I'd see a movie like this ten years ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only have one question. WHERE ARE THESE SCENES?

I remember the ice cream scene from the trailer and in the book:chick3:

3 minutes ago, Nebur said:

I only have one question. WHERE ARE THESE SCENES?

I remember the ice cream scene from the trailer and in the book:chick3:

I was thinking about the Cornetto scene too, I guess they cut it for the length 

Spoiler

That scene when Henry was playing polo was so good. They edited Alex watching him bouncing on that horse with them later making out. You know right away what Alex was feeling 

• Like 1

this was....OK. LOL. im happy to consume almost any kind of LGBT media but whew... alex's actor wasn't very good and the story is shallow. I get its supposed to be lighthearted tho so yeah maybe a moot point lol.

• Like 2

I'm 30 minutes in at this point 

Spoiler

And I ******* lost it at the pop crave tweet making an appearance :rip: 

why are yall expecting deep spiritual art house flicks when the whole plot is about a female US president's son (who happens to be a bisexual man) and a british prince (who happens to be a gay man) having a cliched-to-death haters-turn-lovers plot while flipping texas blue as a bonus :deadbanana2:

Edited by truthteller
  • Haha 11

I’m so excited to finally watch this! I’m on holiday with friends until Monday, but it’ll be the first thing I do when I'm back! :WAP:

• Like 1

THEIR CHEMISTRY OMFG, I smiled throughout the whole movie, this was a really cute film, simple yet effective! Nicholas should be named White Boy of the Month, they’re both really handsome but my my my, that prince, I want him to brexit me anytime 

11 hours ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

This was okay, didn't really capture the magic of the book for me. Even though the story is kind of ridiculous, the book manages to sell it by having a ton of heart and coming off sincere without veering too far into melodrama. 

does it tho?

at least the author in her other books didn't try to give her...interesting idea of the thoughts inside a gay man of color's head, by sticking to white women protagonists. alex is definitely a white woman's creation. 

some of yall are mixing up chemistry and the ideals of handsome men being in a relationship / f*cking.

I didn't feel the chemistry between them at all, I could never imagine these two guys together in real life except for a ONS lol. (it doesn't help that the actors ain't even gay irl afaik) 

no because they really did have a ton of chemistry. that was so cute and corny but like in the best light-hearted way :heart:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.