Red, White & Royal Blue | Gay Amazon film | Out now!

Slate

:toofunny3:

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Smarticle

• anti-bitch

• Nebur

I don't have anything to complain because it lighten up my mood today :heart:

Wish it could be a series instead of movie, there some parts that were too rushed

• Like 3

That was pretty cute! The "conflict" in the final act felt rushed though. But it's cute and hot at the same time so what's there to complain about!

3 hours ago, Assassin said:

Both the actors are str8, correct? 🙄

3 hours ago, Nashe said:

some of yall are mixing up chemistry and the ideals of handsome men being in a relationship / f*cking.

I didn't feel the chemistry between them at all, I could never imagine these two guys together in real life except for a ONS lol. (it doesn't help that the actors ain't even gay irl afaik) 

But let's not assume that people are straight by default anymore. And not necessarily gay either. Like they say in the film, "the B is not silent."

Edited by anti-bitch
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, anti-***** said:

But let's not assume that people are straight by default anymore. And not necessarily gay either. Like they say in the film, "the B is not silent."

Not this. :toofunny3:

• Haha 5

so glad it’s doing well!!! 

we need more films like this, i’ve had enough of that depressing sh*t!

• Like 4

this was obviously kind of bad but I still had a great time watching it. there were some very cute moments, even though some of the conflicts felt rushed and weirdly paced. the main sex scene was actually quite beautiful.

Watched it yesterday and I loved it. 

Didn't enjoy the pace though. Everything happened too fast, which made the relationship feel less authentic than in the book. The build up in the book makes it feel more natural. 

I'm sad about some changes though, like the American trio not existing :chick3:

40 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

Watched it yesterday and I loved it. 

Didn't enjoy the pace though. Everything happened too fast, which made the relationship feel less authentic than in the book. The build up in the book makes it feel more natural. 

I'm sad about some changes though, like the American trio not existing :chick3:

yeah my only complaint is that it should have been a series instead :chick3:

Just finished watching it and i must say this might be my favorite gay romantic comedy since Brokeback mountain (romantic drama I know). It was amazing and Henry felt so relatable to  me. He's a sweetheart. I cried and  felt so happy and hopeful about love after watching  it. Now I want my Mr Diaz too to sweep me off my feet and love me. It wasn't overtly sentimental and corny which i love and it brought a lot of warmth to my heart.

Is this SFw or should I just wait

i don’t even have headphones :bibliahh:

14 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Is this SFw or should I just wait

i don’t even have headphones :bibliahh:

There are some suggestive scenes and a tame sex scene

bSh1Oy5.thumb.gif.6b741c3cd7b018ef5471ce

5 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

There are some suggestive scenes and a tame sex scene

Midnight it is!

Finally we got a budget western non problematic BL :giraffe:

Spoiler

that being said there are so many concerns :deadbanana2: obviously this was written by a straight woman that wanted to flick her bean off into non existence and good for her. Straight man have been doing this for eternity with lesbian p*rn. But that sex scene was so beyond fairytale land I SCREAMED. Also like many people pointed out this needed to be a mini series bc what do you mean the a*shole that outed got nothing in the end? The flatness of that character bothered me to death.

essentially we were watching: After (Gay non problematic Version)

so the non delusional rating is a 4/10.

the delusion I finally got my hot men BL fantasy rating is a 9/10.

1 hour ago, WeFoundWill said:

Finally we got a budget western non problematic BL :giraffe:

Hide contents

that being said there are so many concerns :deadbanana2: obviously this was written by a straight woman that wanted to flick her bean off into non existence and good for her. Straight man have been doing this for eternity with lesbian p*rn. But that sex scene was so beyond fairytale land I SCREAMED. Also like many people pointed out this needed to be a mini series bc what do you mean the a*shole that outed got nothing in the end? The flatness of that character bothered me to death.

essentially we were watching: After (Gay non problematic Version)

so the non delusional rating is a 4/10.

the delusion I finally got my hot men BL fantasy rating is a 9/10.

The culprits are the same as Amazon Prime for wanting to cut the movie so much of course they removed mostly scenes that did not feature our protagonists (however they removed several that did appear or were more extensive with the two of them) but political scenes were missing many secondary characters that they removed that they were necessary for the plot 

However, as I read the book, I did not give it importance while I was watching the movie because I already knew all the blank spaces that were there, however for the majority who did not see it, they will feel it quickly.

the essence of the love story was well portrayed but the political conspiracies and that cut off almost everything

and that is why many say that he felt cut off, just like you and many wish it were a mini series or that one day they would give us the complete blu ray version

PD I'm watching it again  xD :allears:

Edited by Nebur

This whole thing is giving hallmark :deadbanana4:

It's so shallow

• Like 1

This was a decent cute movie but the editing was weird and I feel like there were more stuff going on in the book than it appeared in the movie. I guess a mini series would’ve been better. 

I’m obsessed with Prince Henry’s smile. It’s so mesmerizing and I just want to melt lol

I haven't read the book but I'm echoing the idea that this would have been better as a mini-series. The pacing was reaaally off. The first half was fine but then it started draaagging and the movie felt rushed at the same time. Such a mess on the acting/technical fronts dddd.

That said, I obviously wasn't expecting an arthouse masterpiece from this. I loved their chemistry and it's a cute & fun movie with lots of hallmark cheese.

I really thought it would get so panned but looks like gays are winning this month with Heartstopper and now this so I'm here for it. 

Uma for president! :duca: 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.