• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• More Than A Melody

• Ger

• Renan90

great decision not rush release date for vinyl/physical :clap3::angelo: see when you have DEMAND

Edited by Polgg48

Not a fan of his at all but damn these are amazing numbers :jonny: I'm glad the vinyl sales were that high

Biggest debuts of this decade:

1. Taylor Swift - Folklore = 846k
2. Adele - 30 = 839k
3. Drake - Certified Lover Boy = 613k

4. Taylor Swift - Red TV = 605K
5. Harry Styles - Harry's House = 521k

Did I miss any other release??? so far only 5 albums above 500k this decade 

Edited by Ivan_brit

15 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Biggest debuts of this decade:

1. Taylor Swift - Folklore = 846k
2. Adele - 30 = 839k
3. Drake - Certified Lover Boy = 613k
4. Harry Styles - Harry's House = 521k

Did I miss any other release??? so far only 4 albums above 500k this decade 

RED (Taylor's Version debuted with 605k

1 hour ago, IBeMe said:

No more threat of Morgan Wallen going #1 anytime soon :jonny5::clap3:

And the album remains the #1 album of its initial year and breaking records in top 10 and having stability before he does it again with his new album i'm sure.

1 hour ago, fridayteenage said:

not as high as one direction's peaks but pretty good

:dies:

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

HARRY STYLES HAVING NO MERCY :WAP:

- Biggest Debut of 2021

- Vinly 1st week record

- 3rd #1 album

- 3rd consecutive increase during 1st week 

- 1st UK Male ever to debut 1st 3 albums at #1

- Harry House doing better numbers than the last One Direction albums :eek:

KING!!!

Main Pop Boy :alexz:

A new era is upon us.

Ed, Bieber, Weeknd, Bruno were the old era.

Harry's leading the pack for the new era.

Growth is a beautiful thing

yrvn2rP.gif

I forget did Fine Line debut still include tour bundles?

King of pure sales :worship:

He's insane! So happy for him :clap3:

A main pop person did that :clap3:

23 minutes ago, slw84 said:

A new era is upon us.

Ed, Bieber, Weeknd, Bruno were the old era.

Harry's leading the pack for the new era.

Growth is a beautiful thing

yrvn2rP.gif

Including his career with 1D, Harry's been around as long as Ed Sheeran and been mainstream longer than the Weekend though :rip:

He's still part of their era, don't we consider Beyoncé and JT peers to Eminem and Britney?

1 minute ago, Planet Mars said:

Including his career with 1D, Harry's been around as long as Ed Sheeran and been mainstream longer than the Weekend though :rip:

He's still part of their era, don't we consider Beyoncé and JT peers to Eminem and Britney?

Le sigh...A quench for merging two individual stats acts is never left on the table, me fears.

Harry's debut is in 2017. Weeknd 2011/Ed 2011/Bruno 2010/Bieber 2009. They are not the same era:rip:

Spice girls 1996

BSB 1993 or 1997 depending on what you consider

DC3 1997

Nsync 1998

Same era of peers

Eminem 1996 or 1999

Usher 1993 1997

Britney 1999

the other girls who followed Britney 1999 and 2000

Pink 2000

Alicia 2001

Avril 2002

Justin 2002

Beyonce 2003

This is before digital took over

Same era of peers

Rihanna 2005

Taylor 2006

Adele 2008

gaga 2008

Katy 2008

Harry is holding down the newer era: Harry, Lizzo, Billie, Cardi, Doja etc. This is a good thing

yrvn2rP.gif

48 minutes ago, MrPeanut said:

I forget did Fine Line debut still include tour bundles?

Yes. So this is a huge increase considering

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

it's below Take Me Home as well. 

And Taylor can't replicate her peak either (and by a margin of 300K+, not 25K), yet everyone agrees her sales are massive anyway because compared to anyone else in the game, she's doing insane numbers, and sales are not the same than they were 10 years ago and almost no one can pull the numbers most artists pulled in the digital sales era.

I understand Harry's success is making you itch, but this much bitterness is giving me second hand embarrassment. Tay Tay is still bigger (in terms of first week album sales in the US). Isn't that enough consolation?

OT: my king :heart: he deserves this success so much. I hope he can also achieve longevity, but I'm already so happy with everything about this era.

He is killing it and the gheys hate to see it!

:jonny:

Congratulations to Harry :clap3:, unlike the other ex-1D members, he kept getting bigger and never went out of Style.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

33 minutes ago, slw84 said:

Le sigh...A quench for merging two individual stats acts is never left on the table, me fears.

Harry's debut is in 2017. Weeknd 2011/Ed 2011/Bruno 2010/Bieber 2009. They are not the same era:rip:

Spice girls 1996

BSB 1993 or 1997 depending on what you consider

DC3 1997

Nsync 1998

Same era of peers

Eminem 1996 or 1999

Usher 1993 1997

Britney 1999

the other girls who followed Britney 1999 and 2000

Pink 2000

Alicia 2001

Avril 2002

Justin 2002

Beyonce 2003

This is before digital took over

Same era of peers

Rihanna 2005

Taylor 2006

Adele 2008

gaga 2008

Katy 2008

Harry is holding down the newer era: Harry, Lizzo, Billie, Cardi, Doja etc. This is a good thing

yrvn2rP.gif

This is shortsighted. Artists who were part of bands don't have their career reset once they leave the bands they were in. Usually breakout solo stars are people the GP recognizes, so they're subject to experience the same fatigue and overexposure any other artist does. They usually maintain a lot of their original audience as well, and even perform the old songs that belong to their bands, plus the bands are brought up constantly (to this day people wonder if NSYNC will get back together now that Justin Timberlake isn't breaking records).

Also, Harry sang most of the vocals, wrote a ton of the songs (the best ones and the fan favorites, at that), and was the only one who interacted with the crowd. There's a reason he absorbed 1D's audience so well. You can't just add all the numbers together without clarifying, but the 1D stats are part of his career, and he's not a newcomer, he started working at 16.

3 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

This is shortsighted. Artists who were part of bands don't have their career reset once they leave the bands they were in. Usually breakout solo stars are people the GP recognizes, so they're subject to experience the same fatigue and overexposure any other artist does. They usually maintain a lot of their original audience as well, and even perform the old songs that belong to their bands, plus the bands are brought up constantly (to this day people wonder if NSYNC will get back together now that Justin Timberlake isn't breaking records).

Also, Harry sang most of the vocals, wrote a ton of the songs (the best ones and the fan favorites, at that), and was the only one who interacted with the crowd. There's a reason he absorbed 1D's audience so well. You can't just add all the numbers together without clarifying, but the 1D stats are part of his career, and he's not a newcomer, he started working at 16.

and it still considered a solo act and a part of a group. RIAA and Billboard and the Grammy's recognize this.

I'm not going to merge Jackson 5 and MJ's career stats together

just as I am not going to merge DC and Kelly Rowland's stats together.

And that's fine.

congrats to Harry for snagging his 3rd #1 album as a solo act. Love that for him

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, slw84 said:

and it still considered a solo act and a part of a group. RIAA and Billboard and the Grammy's recognize this.

I'm not going to merge Jackson 5 and MJ's career stats together

just as I am not going to merge DC and Kelly Rowland's stats together.

And that's fine.

congrats to Harry for snagging his 3rd #1 album as a solo act. Love that for him

giphy.gif

You don't have to merge them, you can just note that he sold X amount of albums with 1D and X amount as a solo act. They literally did this in Harry's BBC special. Kelly Rowland should claim her DC stats. It's not that complicated. The other way we just erase years and years of artists' careers.

A SMASH Album that is consumed by the GP not just the niche white bubble mefears

3 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

Bad Bunny's numbers on the third week are insane :deadbanana2:

If there’s no other big release he might come back to the top in the next few weeks 

3 hours ago, PopFan1996 said:

Bad Bunny's numbers on the third week are insane :deadbanana2:

And its still absurdely stable on Spotify

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.