Is Google search engine becoming worse?

Aethereal

I tend to find difficulties finding certain things. Especially when it's in the "blah blah site:example.com" mode which was very successful for me in the past. Idk if this is just a coincidence.

Edited by Aristotle

The fact google chrome took away the right click -> search google images function drives me up the wall. No one gives a **** about the google lens function :biblio:

yeah I've been feeling that for a while, sometimes I even resort to using BING

It's all just payola based at this point.

Use superior king duckduckgo

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

The fact google chrome took away the right click -> search google images function drives me up the wall. No one gives a **** about the google lens function :biblio:

wait, really? :rip: That thing to search for similar photos? Edge still has that :deadbanana4:

OT: no, I think it's fine :clap3:

53 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

!!!!!!!!!!!

JAIL to whoever came up with that 

It's horrible. It's so annoying how every time you google something the whole first page is just ads

Advertisements are a form of psychic terror at this point :rip:

Once they started allowing people to pay money for skewing the results, it's been awful. They also destroyed the Image Search.

And the worst of them is YouTube. You can never find smaller creators or anything older than just a few years. Bing Video search is far superior.

Yes it's because you all don't wanna get tracked :coffee2:

1 hour ago, Jagger said:

It's horrible. It's so annoying how every time you google something the whole first page is just ads

Advertisements are a form of psychic terror at this point :rip:

Girl how do you manage to browse anything without a strong adblocker? :rip:

8 minutes ago, katara said:

Girl how do you manage to browse anything without a strong adblocker? :rip:

I have one on my computer but idk how to block ads on my phone :rip: I hate technology and I'm super inept at it 

9 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Wait y'all actually used it? Why? Yandex is superior. :sistrens:

Yes. Duck duck is superior bc they don’t alter algos. Google only shows things beneficial to their bottom line only first and foremost snd do allot of censorship now. 

that being said still use google search as my daily driver so I’m hypocrite. She’s still superior to apple and Bing

Edited by manwhore

On 5/29/2022 at 2:16 PM, James_Dean said:

Google lens is actually so cool. I gotten into her lately.  Like the other day I was gardening and wondered what kind of weed I had there and took pics and wham. I’m literally  obsessed

• ATRL Moderator

Yes. I've been thinking about switching to Ecosia or DuckDuckGo tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.