ABBA reunites and debuts their brand new residency; Agnetha and Frida serve MPGs

MadonnasBoyfriend

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magicfever

• MadonnasBoyfriend

• Lovett

• lcylcy

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this like the new Whitney Houston show? 
I hope it comes to the USA :hippo:

What is this, a funeral? The crowd is so dead. :skull:

If the future of concerts is gonna be like this, then I don't want it! I won't pay hundreds of dollars for what essentially an upgrade to IMAX  :biblio: :grump:

Good for them and the show looks extremely gorgeous but I would never see pay to see a show like this. 

I can’t imagine how disappointed the fans must’ve been 

that’s a fraud

MadonnasBoyfriend
2 minutes ago, lcylcy said:

I can’t imagine how disappointed the fans must’ve been 

that’s a fraud

zero percent? these abbatars have been hyped for like 10 years. Also the ones at the opening got to see them in person so again zero percent lol This chicka had a blast

serving blade runner. it looks cute ngl but also creepy 

Hatsune Miku, sweetie...

44 minutes ago, mystery said:

I would never see pay to see a show like this. 

Me neither.

mystery

Fan reports have been incredibly positive but count on ATRL to call this show fraudulent and creepy because of some phone-footage :bird:

Super excited to see the show in August, it‘s gonna be amazing.

I always thought this show was a ludicrous idea. ABBA are still alive, fans would much rather see them performing live. And with all the fanfare of their reunion last year and the new album, I feel like a part of the ticket buyers for this don’t fully get that it’s a pre-recorded hologram show. Part of it is that the idea seems so stupid and terrible when all four members are still alive. So I’m not surprised to hear about dead crowds. Who is going to cheer for a literal projection??

1 minute ago, Protocol said:

I always thought this show was a ludicrous idea. ABBA are still alive, fans would much rather see them performing live. And with all the fanfare of their reunion last year and the new album, I feel like a part of the ticket buyers for this don’t fully get that it’s a pre-recorded hologram show. Part of it is that the idea seems so stupid and terrible when all four members are still alive. So I’m not surprised to hear about dead crowds. Who is going to cheer for a literal projection??

I‘m sorry, but that‘s bs. It was all over their website, the ticket-site and the media. If you were interested in the show enough to buy a ticket, you knew what it was going to be.

2 minutes ago, magicfever said:

I‘m sorry, but that‘s bs. It was all over their website, the ticket-site and the media. If you were interested in the show enough to buy a ticket, you knew what it was going to be.

I honestly think a lot of people saw “ABBA comeback with residency” and bought tickets and didn’t bother to check the fine print. 

Just now, Protocol said:

I honestly think a lot of people saw “ABBA comeback with residency” and bought tickets and didn’t bother to check the fine print. 

Well, there have been zero complaints about something like that online or anywhere, and definitely not in big numbers. 

And look at the ticket-site: First thing you see is the trailer, second thing is a text saying it‘s „digital versions“ of the band. If you still don‘t get the message and buy tickets with wrong expectations, it‘s your fault. 

MadonnasBoyfriend
3 minutes ago, Protocol said:

you said you always thought it was a ludicrous idea in the other post meaning you knew for a while that they were doing this abbatar concept... Anyways they are all old and have ailments and whatever show you imagine them doing is not gonna look as cool as the videos in the op. Its nice to see them look their best and give something fresh and it looks stunning. Judging by your avi i dont see why it bugs you lol

5 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

I love that lay your love music video. Its so damn fresh and so nice to see them move more than they did back in the day. The old stuff still exists its nice to have this as a fan. I wish it was not just in london but ill wait for a hq rip of the show somewhere. Yall know youd love a britney one imagine old britney dancing to blackout

I actually read the arena has been constructed in a way that it can relatively easy de-constructed and brought to another city. I‘m sure they will move the show at some point :)

MadonnasBoyfriend
Just now, magicfever said:

I actually read the arena has been constructed in a way that it can relatively easy de-constructed and brought to another city. I‘m sure they will move the show at some point :)

they dont even have to move it its a digital file basically lol. I wish they would have remix the songs like the girls do at their concerts these days they sound like album versions which is my only complaint. this looks so cool i cant wait to see it

Those closeups are giving video game cutscene :deadbanana: I would watch it but I definitely wouldn’t pay a lot of money to see something like this. At least they’re all still alive to give their consent and approval for it so it isn’t as creepy as something like the Whitney hologram.

Tbh the 3D models are kinda disappointing because they seem straight from a video game. :skull: I really thought they would be using at least the type of technology that Hollywood's been using when recreating actors. 

I think this has potential, it seems really interesting... but I wouldn't pay for it. Not now. Perhaps in a metaverse concert kind of thing, maybe.

38 minutes ago, Protocol said:

please Anni-Frid looks like she's gonna collapse at any moment :skull: I don't think they could handle performing on stage, all of them are nearly 80

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.