Do you buy PRIDE merch from big retailers?

TheCheshireCat

Over the past half decade I've noticed most major retailers, both lower-end and now luxury brands will sell some type of very on-the-nose PRIDE related clothing (or other merchandise). It's either the classic rainbow flag stretched across the whole garment, the more inclusive rainbow flag or just their logo in rainbow with an empowering slogan on it.

My question is: do you buy these items? :rainbow:

Edited by TheCheshireCat

6 minutes ago, lovecatt said:

I don't buy pride merch period

This!!!!

9KAc.gif

11 minutes ago, lovecatt said:

if it’s cute

No i dont buy that. Does anyone actually buy it? 

I don’t buy pride merch at all sweetie. What do I look like, a gay? 

I'm surprised the outcome so far.

I would expect ATRL girlies to buy/have pride merch. The gays love to flaunt their community. 

vbcazs.gif

Do the colorless skittles for Pride month count?

14 minutes ago, Queen. said:

I'm surprised the outcome so far.

I would expect ATRL girlies to buy/have pride merch. The gays love to flaunt their community. 

vbcazs.gif

No the gays here hate pride. Don’t get them started on kink at pride 

Have bought mugs and a very discounted rainbow gingham shirt off the top of my head

Yes, I give Hollister all my money :giraffe:

MadonnasBoyfriend

I dont pay attention to that stuff

1 hour ago, lovecatt said:

My bf likes getting at least one of the apple watch pride bands each year. I don't really like them, but it's become tradition for him. As for me, I only like home related pride things.... such as candles or body washes from bath & bodyworks. Other than that, I think it's stupid that the rainbow is associated with LGBTQ+.... clothing with rainbows should be only for girls/boys under the age of 10 

I don't base my whole identity on being gay, so no

2 hours ago, lovecatt said:

:cm:

Besides, I live in a fairly dangerous and homophobic area. So even if I enjoyed pride merch, I'm not remotely interested in plastering a rainbow colored target on my back.

tSZthWO.gif

no. thank you. if I would ever buy pride merch I would buy it from a lgbt-owned local company.

No but my nearest drag club did selling limited “pride month demon” (from the homophobic memes) into hoodies and T-shirts hoodies in 2019. 

The homophobes really underestimated just how many queer peoples first awakening was MCR / had an emo phase.

051671b3-551b-44e3-98b5-12da910d9854-500

Edited by Fitzswiftie

no because i hate rainbows and definitely would not wear one

i do have a couple of items that come out during pride tho lol. i have one hat that says "Make america queer again" and then another hat that says "cub" with a patch of a lil bear :foxaylove3:

The rainbow is such a hideous aesthetic. And since virtually anything pride-related is in that color palette, it's always tacky and awful. 

I also dislike the idea of throwing money at a corporation that is monetizing the pride movement in general. Something about it feels icky to me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.