Are you overwhelmed with nostalgia when just a couple years old song comes on?

tili33

And how do you deal with it? I feel like I only listen to new releases to make new memories so I don't think about old ones...

Edited by tili33

Yes. Heck, I get nostalgic over songs I was listening to half a year ago. :deadvision:

No, I usally get nostalgia when the songs are 5 or more years old and especially if those songs are attached with good memories and it's such an amazing feeling, it basically takes you to that time in that very moment, love that feeling.

4 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

No, I usally get nostalgia when the songs are 5 or more years old and especially if those songs are attached with good memories and it's such an amazing feeling, it basically takes you to that time in that very moment, love that feeling.

yep i usually just get nostalga with 2016-older songs. 

BUT sometimes when i listen to NEW music that the instrumental has a nostalgic "atmosphere"  it gives me some feeling too. not the same as listening to an "old song" but it's also an interesting feeling. 

ex: good 4 u by olivia, maybe you're the problem by ava max, hold on by bieber. 

Edited by Selegend

2 minutes ago, Selegend said:

BUT sometimes when i listen to NEW music that the instrumental has a nostalgic "atmosphere"  it gives me some feeling too. not the same as listening to an "old song" but it's also an interesting feeling. 

Oh yeah, that happens to me as well, it happened with Love Of My Life by Harry, that song takes me back even though it was released like 1 week ago but that's basically because it reminds me to another song released back in 2012-2013.

Only if I haven't listened to them in a long time. For example, Madonna's Rebel Heart or ARTPOP will never make me nostalgic (although they're attached to some important memories), bevause I listen to those albums so often they still feel like they belong to the present.

The thing with nostalgia and music is it usually kicks when I didn't even listen to the song when it came out. Let's compare e.g. Solitary Rose by Jeanette Biedermann and Release Me by Agnes. The former was a childhood favourite of mine that I haven't heard in ages: I enjoy it, but no nostalgia factor. Release Me I only heard passively while it was huge and even today it's not a song I usually come back to, but when I do, the nostalgia is very strong. It's so weird.

Edited by The Next Day

42 minutes ago, Selegend said:

This happened to me with In My Blood. Felt nostalgic when it came out, still feels nostalgic although it's not a song I listened to often. It's just in its DNA I suppose.

Yes when I play Future Nostalgia. I guess it’s Current Nostalgia now

umjLoEf.thumb.gif.5f389065a62ceca16c3857

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.