How will Top Gun's release affect Hold My Hand's performance?

Shirlene

I've seen lots of back and forth here. Top Gun is looking to be a blockbuster smash. Many or saying it will be what Hold My Hand needs to officially take off, while others are saying it won't make much of a difference.

What will the outcome be?

The only thing we know for sure is ATRL is eager to see the results, one way or another. :mandown:

I dont think it will. The song is not a crucial part of the film, people wont even pay attention to it. 

For as long as it won't pull a 98-OUT :chick3:

I'm not counting on it - but obviously hoping for the best. Unfortunately, many sound track songs attached to blockbusters that play during/at the credits dont take off.

AlexStexaul

#82 - #98 - #100 - #1 (+99) 

:gaygacat5:

The people who will go to the cinema to watch that movie are people near middle age and beyond.

They don't use spotify.

Top Gun is going to be a massive success. I think Hold My Hand will have a similar trajectory to that of Shallow - it will have a great performance. The soundtrack of Top Gun 1 was even bigger than the movie was, and while Top Gun 2's soundtrack probably won't match that, I still see it being very successful.

10 minutes ago, ExHuman said:

The people who will go to the cinema to watch that movie are people near middle age and beyond.

They don't use spotify.

What? I mean, sure, it's not a movie aimed at the cigarette demographic, and I'm sure a lot of middle-aged and older people will turn out, but it's getting rave reviews and I know a ton of friends that are excited for it. Plane fanatics, young people that saw the original and want to see the new one, Tom Cruise fans (they do exist, unfortunately), people craving a summer action blockbuster...the movie will be an immense success with more than just boomers, and I'm sure the Gaga song will be on the level of Shallow.

44 minutes ago, sasashite said:

It’s a Gaga solo song so it will remain a flop.

I mean hasn't THIS been the case ever since 2011?

why is this EVEN a Question?

2 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

Always Remember Us This Way says hi

Love Gaga, but the song is a dud. I don't see it taking off regardless of how well the movie performs.

2 hours ago, AlexStexaul said:

#82 - #98 - #100 - #1 (+99) 

:gaygacat5:

:clap3:

11 minutes ago, Mrnoniee said:

Wow, you’re right. And a liddo just pointed out ONE solo song from the past ten years that wasn't a complete bomb. And somehow that still leads back to Bradley :sadviolin:

no collabs = no sales  mefears :bird:

The circlejerk in here is delicious! Keep it going!

OT: I don't think it'll do much if anything at all. The song just isn't catchy.

19 minutes ago, SwiftLover said:

Wow, you’re right. And a liddo just pointed out ONE solo song from the past ten years that wasn't a complete bomb. And somehow that still leads back to Bradley :sadviolin:

no collabs = no sales  mefears :bird:

If ARUTW is not a hit then TS doesnt have a hit since LWYMMD

1 hour ago, SwiftLover said:

Solo song g a g a its a flop so it will remain

Doesn't ARUTW have more streams some many popstars' most streamed song ever? 

2 hours ago, sweetblindness said:

Top Gun is going to be a massive success. I think Hold My Hand will have a similar trajectory to that of Shallow - it will have a great performance. The soundtrack of Top Gun 1 was even bigger than the movie was, and while Top Gun 2's soundtrack probably won't match that, I still see it being very successful.

What? I mean, sure, it's not a movie aimed at the cigarette demographic, and I'm sure a lot of middle-aged and older people will turn out, but it's getting rave reviews and I know a ton of friends that are excited for it. Plane fanatics, young people that saw the original and want to see the new one, Tom Cruise fans (they do exist, unfortunately), people craving a summer action blockbuster...the movie will be an immense success with more than just boomers, and I'm sure the Gaga song will be on the level of Shallow.

:zzz:

OGH in this thread are so dedicated. truly gaga's second fanbase

OT: I doubt this song will be a hit. it might have a cute peak but I don't think she'll get a Shallow 2.0

it's not attached to the film in the way Shallow was nor is it a musical but i think it will help push it to be a moderate hit since it's doing well on radio

7 hours ago, ExHuman said:

They don't use spotify.

They are Gaga's key demographic now though, if they don't support her, who will?

Considering that it's a horrible song, I doubt it makes a dent. I don't know what Cruise was thinking allowing this song in what will be his most acclaimed and biggest hit possibly ever. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.