Halsey - “So Good”

TalkThatRihanna

I feel like she’ll release this soon. I doubt she’d just drag her label if she wants the music out although I 100% agree that she’s proved herself

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Nefertiti0

• original_lifeline

• nooniebao

As much as I think it’s wrong and messed up of the label, before tiktok it was Instagram live, or a bunch of Instagram posts or tweets leading up to release. It just sucks for artists this time because tiktok is so intertwined with music right now. But the dancing trend is pretty much over anyway, and I feel like most of the recent viral songs are hella camp like “my jingle jingle.”

Just the labels being cheap, thinking if the GP eats up a 30 second snippet, then they will still want the song when it’s rush released three weeks after it goes viral and everyone’s already over it. 

Edited by samuel656

16 minutes ago, Motivation93 said:

I feel like she’ll release this soon. I doubt she’d just drag her label if she wants the music out although I 100% agree that she’s proved herself

Yeah what I got from her IG live is she can release whenever she wants but the label won't invest in it properly and have her jump through hoops unless it's 100% on their terms. Kinda sucks considering she already met them halfway by making the production "poppier" sounding. 

She talks about it in that Insta link I posted above

Edited by Reverse Warholian

The way Halsey just HAD to do this during Sky’s release week.

1 minute ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Added! Wait I just realized this older snippet sounds like the final chorus with the backing vocals and bigger production :duca:

Omg yes :gaycat6: It makes sense now

2 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

Added! Wait I just realized this older snippet sounds like the final chorus with the backing vocals and bigger production :duca:

I can't tell if that's just how it sounds in the arena or wherever she filmed that TikTok or if the production actually goes AWFF like that in the studio recording :duca:

More.mp3 details btw 

I need this right now

mlaredoperez
25 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I can't tell if that's just how it sounds in the arena or wherever she filmed that TikTok or if the production actually goes AWFF like that in the studio recording :duca:

More.mp3 details btw 

Isn’t Max extremely expensive? Why would the label refuse to release the song?

the only way to get profit is to release the damn music 

label refusing to release a max martin song .. requiring to get it re-re-produced to get a big pop song? :skull: what

anti-marketing marketing ..

either way, get off such shitty label lmao, halsey should be big enough by now to do whatever

she should go independent at this point, **** record labels

damn we went fast from really great quality music to cheap max throwaways and tik tok stunts

Yall really believe she's fighting with her label? This is such an obvious stunt 

How do you go from releasing a fantastic, quality album about the lows & highs of pregnancy & childbirth to some quick max martin single :rip:

Kinda tragic :chick3: I was really hoping they'd expand on that type of sound & even considered going to their tour because the album was so good. But whatever.  

Edited by Billionaire

Not her running to MM to get some quick hits :rip: Thanks for giving us IICHPIWL, I guess.

Just now, LeMésTragique said:

IICHPIWL

who?

The snippets sound amazing. Stop acting like she was alternative or something, she has always made pop.

6 minutes ago, Tyrion_LMG said:

The snippets sound amazing. Stop acting like she was alternative or something, she has always made pop.

Her last album was the closest she has ever been to "alternative" tho (and some deep cuts off Manic also aren't your typical pop songs)

This is just bad

it sounds pretty bad tbh :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.