Halsey - “So Good”

TalkThatRihanna

37 minutes ago, M.R. said:

In love with the song. :heart: 

I think about him every day :chick3:

That lyric is going to be problematic considering she was labeling herself as bisexual prior to having a child. 

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• Nefertiti0

• original_lifeline

• nooniebao

Yeah, this is no without me. She should’ve listened to her label, this is very underwhelming especially as a transition from the love + power era

1 minute ago, Rican said:

That lyric is going to be problematic considering she was labeling herself as bisexual prior to having a child. 

how are they problematic if the song is literally about alev

he is a cis man and this songs specifically for him

11 minutes ago, Burqa said:

all this drama over a manic outtake… ok

it’s not bad, i mean halsey is one of my faves so i was gonna love it regardless but this is not a worthy follow up to iichliwp, which is funny because it’s exactly how i felt about graveyard being released after nightmare. same type of songs 

The day you stop overhyping rock/punk music over pop…

Graveyard is better than Nightmare, but it’s not rock so who cares. Manic >>> IICHLIWP. Pop Halsey is superior.

This is not good, capitol had a point :rip: it just leaves absolutely no impression, but good for her I guess. Such a downgrade from her recent album. And that transition from verse to chorus sounds botched 

• ATRL Moderator
13 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

having a whole shoot looking this cute and choosing a screenshot from the mv for the cover... okay

286898137_559373478893416_53869488512011 

This deserved to be the cover

Just now, kyliefever2002 said:

how are they problematic if the song is literally about alev

he is a cis man and this songs specifically for him

I’m simply saying it’s going to get Halsey backlash. I’m not bother by her sexual preference at all. Thru out the years there has been a problematic pattern of pop girls claiming to be sexually fluid like it some

type of marketing tool and now all of suddenly they are all in love with cisgender man. :gaycat6:

The verses are really nice, I wish the chorus wasn't the stereotypical radio Without Me sound, it's my least favorite part :chick3: pre-chorus HITS so hard and needed a better chorus. The bridge is great as well.   I think it would've been better if it wasn't made into a basic pop radio song by her label.

"I'm here standing in the same dress
You're in your apartment
I'm already gone
Talking wildly out of context
I wish things were different
But I'll never know"

i love this a lot, definitely a safe choice but i don’t see why the label would block it because a similar sound has worked well for her in the past 

My only thing besides not liking the generic-ness of the chorus is I don't get what her point of this song is... every song in Manic era I immediately understood. She needs to leave Capitol ASAP and not worry about radio or pursuing a pop sound anymore. She did so well in Manic bc she was unafraid to venture out of her usual sound and explore new things. Here it sounds like she's trying to recreate something that was already done in the chorus. You can tell in the verses she had a completely different vision for this song that's more rhythmic soothing/light and indie (similar to Harry Styles new music), and I think it's arguably more catchy and way more interesting.

Anyway bc of the verses alone I will stan until end of time

"I'm here standing in the same dress
You're in your apartment
I'm already gone
Talking wildly out of context
I wish things were different
But I'll never know"

:WAP:

I prefer generic pop-bop Halsey. This is cute. 

26 minutes ago, Rican said:

I’m simply saying it’s going to get Halsey backlash. I’m not bother by her sexual preference at all. Thru out the years there has been a problematic pattern of pop girls claiming to be sexually fluid like it some

type of marketing tool and now all of suddenly they are all in love with cisgender man. :gaycat6:

She literally wrote songs about dating women unlike some other artists. Y'all just be speaking

Is cute, its a nice pop track with good lyrics

It's not bad but not necessarily good. Reminds me of Eastside in the sense of generic radio fodder. 

Also saying the label “was right to block it” is dumb as hell because it was THEM that made it into this.. she had a completely different song layout and they told her to change it to this so.. the drag isn’t dragging 

4 minutes ago, lillavend3r said:

She literally wrote songs about dating women unlike some other artists. Y'all just be speaking

a literal song about eating a girl out like..

I hope she releases the original indie version later as a remix :chick3: someone @ her or her team to do that lol

Do yall think this will lead to an album or is it just gonna be a standalone single :chick3:

I need an album

I like it, it will be a cute hit. It's no honey, but :jamming:

34 minutes ago, camilizer said:

a literal song about eating a girl out like..

omg is that what Honey is about BYE

I wanted a repeated final chorus or a cathartic outro, it would have elevated the song so much

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.