Heartstopper renewed for TWO more seasons

State of Grace.

Heartstopper will continue to woo new fans at Netflix. The streaming giant has renewed its breakout romantic dramedy for two additional seasons, marking a big show of confidence for the acquired series from See-Saw Films.

The series launched in April and has become a sensation on the streaming platform, which, like others, does not release traditional viewership data. The LGBTQ-themed young adult show, inspired by the webcomic and graphic novel by series creator Alice Oseman, ranked in Netflix’s top 10 list in an impressive 54 countries.

The show has also catapulted its stars, Kit Connor and Joe Locke, into social media stars, with both actors now tallying 3.4 million and 2.5 million Instagram followers, respectively. The success of Heartstoper has also helped to fuel weekly book sales of Oseman’s source material, with volume one of the book currently holding the top spot on the U.S. YA fiction list and featured on the New York Times best-seller chart. Weekly sales have increased 1,700 percent.

Critics have embraced Hearstopper, too, with the show scoring a rare 100 percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes. (Viewers give it an equally impressive 98 percent.)

British-Australian production company See-Saw Films acquired TV rights for the series in 2019 and signed a distribution deal with Netflix last year.

:jonny5:

Edited by State of Grace.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nando_05

• State of Grace.

• gustavothehuman

• 1DES

Top Posters In This Topic

As it should! :heart:

This is incredible news, excited to see how they adapt the webcomic further. Especially with some events that happen later on. 

Edited by mystery

WINNING

Couldn't they have waiting 12 more days until Pride Month for this announcement though? Oh well, I won't be nitpicky now!

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

1 minute ago, Doogle said:

Okay I’m happy but I hope they keep the tone. I’m okay with them going through rough patches or whatever but I really hope they steer away from any predictable one cheats/is tempted by another or they break up for some ****. Focus on other aspects of them navigating their relationship and the other friend group developing too.

They’ve done a really good thing with the tone of the show and it being so comforting and optimistic even in the upsetting moments so I pray they can maintain that.

As a Brit who went to an all boys school in the south of England this show really resonated with me and really was similar to my experiences (minus finding love with a year 11 rugby player lols) and is everything I could’ve ever wanted at that age, so I feel oddly invested in it :rip: 

I haven't read the comics yet because I don't wanna spoil anything but I don't think that's going to happen tbh.

From what I've seen it mostly deals with their relationship together, mental health, anxiety, ED, etc. And explores other characters.

Just now, mystery said:

This is incredible news, excited to see how they adapt the webcomic further. Especially with some events that happen later on. 

And if the content runs out hopefully the creator will be there to supervise everything :gaycat3:

Omg my favourite show. Im so happy for this. I can’t wait for the Paris’s scenes. 

IM SO HAPPY!!!!!! YESSSSSS

1 minute ago, gustavothehuman said:

And if the content runs out hopefully the creator will be there to supervise everything :gaycat3:

She seems to be in control of everything so I am not too worried, the comic seems to be approaching the ending as well as Volume 5 was said to be the last one. It will probably end before the show does.

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I haven't read the comics yet because I don't wanna spoil anything but I don't think that's going to happen tbh.

From what I've seen it mostly deals with their relationship together, mental health, anxiety, ED, etc. And explores other characters.

Loool I completely forgot it originates from that so I had just hidden my post in case I looked like a moron worrying about the writers etc when there’s already source material to adapt it from. :lmao:  That sounds promising though! Thanks for the reply I like being reassured. I’m sure the actors will do a great job with it.

Edited by Doogle

• ATRL Moderator

THE WAY WE ARE WINNING TODAY :jonny5:

With this News, oficially the best day of my year so far :heart2:

3 minutes ago, Bloodflowers. said:

WINNING

Couldn't they have waiting 12 more days until Pride Month for this announcement though? Oh well, I won't be nitpicky now!

I think that was the plan but the gays were bullying Netflix so much to announce it that they prob just dropped the news already to get rid of us

3 minutes ago, Doogle said:

Loool I completely forgot it originates from that so I had just hidden my post in case I looked like a moron worrying about the writers etc when there’s already source material to adapt it from.  :lmao: That sounds promising though! Thanks for the reply I like being reassured. I’m sure the actors will do a great job with it.

skksdjsjkk nah its actually fair because you never know with Netflix :rip: As long as Alice is involved, writing and supervising it will be fine.

Edited by State of Grace.

1 minute ago, Gui Blackout said:

I think that was the plan but the gays were bullying Netflix so much to announce it that they prob just dropped the news already to get rid of us

I was thinking the same thing, now they need to announce "The 7 Lives of Lea" season 2 next month!

6 minutes ago, mystery said:

She seems to be in control of everything so I am not too worried, the comic seems to be approaching the ending as well as Volume 5 was said to be the last one. It will probably end before the show does.

Thank god. I would hate a GOT situation :fan:

So happy for them! :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator

I hope they film the seasons together (and fast!) so the actors don't get awkwardly old for their roles :laugh:

As much as I love the comics I'm happy we'll be getting a good ending before it goes on for way too long. I'm beyond excited for the trip.

Edited by Lord Gaga

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.