STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Why are Target bonus tracks such a wild card?

stjosephprey4us

Gaga’s Born This Way Target exclusive bonus tracks are on streaming, as well as Halsey’s People Disappear Here (I’m sure there are other examples). However, Chromatica’s bonus tracks, Halsey’s Gasoline Reimagined, Adele’s 25 & 30 bonus tracks, Florence + the Machine’s HBHBHB bonus tracks, and others still have not been put on streaming and it’s been years. Why?

Katy put her witness target tracks on streaming for the year anniversary, but she didn’t do the same for smile. I wonder what the contracts look like and what target’s exclusivity rights are, and why it’s so different for everyone

I think it needs to be at least 5 years since the album was released?

because if they put too close by ariana up it’ll crash the app from too many streams RictyT8.gif

3 minutes ago, Robburro said:

I think it needs to be at least 5 years since the album was released?

But Halsey’s album was released less than a year ago and they’re up

5 minutes ago, witness1.3 said:

Katy put her witness target tracks on streaming for the year anniversary, but she didn’t do the same for smile. I wonder what the contracts look like and what target’s exclusivity rights are, and why it’s so different for everyone

exactly and I told her I said ma’am.gif

It’s getting weird.gif

this is a case for the FBI.gif

• ATRL Moderator

I don't know but we need High On Your Supply, I'm Sorry, Change You, I Hate You Don't Leave Me, and Love Me Right pronto 

Adele doesn’t do it because that might require her to make a phone call or something which she won’t do for an album nor a song once it’s over a month old.

Unless artists have different/particular contract, there must be certain time frame until the contracts expired or when it stated that the songs allowed to be distributed onnother platforms after the timeframe have passed.

All the albums that got it available seems to be ones that 5-10 years in the market already.

It also depends on whether they're "real" exclusive songs or not. Songs that are Target-exclusive in the US, but regular deluxe edition bonus tracks everywhere else are much more likely to end up on streaming than songs that are actually 100 % exclusive. Timed exclusivity is a factor too, and even after that period it might simply not be worth the bureaucratic effort for labels to make these songs widely available; especially when they can instead hold them back for expensive anniversary releases and whatnot years later. 

IDK, but I want Ariana's Cadillac Song and Too Close on streaming.

That is my question with Janet's and Madonna's Japanese bonus tracks 

i think it depends on the artist and their label?

2 hours ago, Anomaly said:

Adele doesn’t do it because that might require her to make a phone call or something which she won’t do for an album nor a song once it’s over a month old.

But of course she is more than willing to harass Spotify because they had the audacity to have a shuffle feature.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.