Top Gun: Maverick gets 5 minute standing ovation @ Cannes Film Festival

ANTisocial

“This movie was a dream,” Cruise said. “We talked about it when filming. I just want to see everyone’s faces. There’s no masks and we’re in a movie theater. I’m going to take this all in and I feel very grateful. We’re here for you. I make all these movies for all of you and I’m very blessed to do what I do. Enjoy this evening. You all have made my life.”

The festival crowd joyously interacted with the film during the screening, cheering and gasping at stunts. An overwhelming response came when Val Kilmer, who starred as Cruise nemesis Iceman in the original film, appeared in a scene with Cruise. The screening ended with a five-minute standing ovation from the crowd.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/tom-cruise-cannes-top-gun-maverick-fighter-jets-1235271089/

HMH coming for that #1 debut after the GP sees the film :worship2:

Gaga's Top Gun acclaimed :clap3: 

12 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

Gaga's Top Gun acclaimed :clap3: 

:clap3:

Straights are winning again, if Gaga didn't make a song for this film, y'all would be fuming :dies:

They heard HMH and immediately gave a standing ovation. Thank you Lady Gaga :clap3:

On 5/19/2022 at 2:43 PM, ANTisocial said:

“This movie was a dream,” Cruise said. “We talked about it when filming. I just want to see everyone’s faces. There’s no masks and we’re in a movie theater. I’m going to take this all in and I feel very grateful. We’re here for you. I make all these movies for all of you and I’m very blessed to do what I do. Enjoy this evening. You all have made my life.”

The festival crowd joyously interacted with the film during the screening, cheering and gasping at stunts. An overwhelming response came when Val Kilmer, who starred as Cruise nemesis Iceman in the original film, appeared in a scene with Cruise. The screening ended with a five-minute standing ovation from the crowd.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/tom-cruise-cannes-top-gun-maverick-fighter-jets-1235271089/

please stfu

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.