Should Taylor have toured this year?

favorite crime

She has 3 (THREE) untoured studio albums, more than a dozen new vault tracks and her base is bigger and stronger than ever. Swifties are so thirsty they are hosting concerts without her across the world. A stadium tour would probably sell out instantly. 

I think something we're forgetting is that during the Lover era she said she didn't want to do a huge tour because of her mom, hence the sparse Lover Fest dates. We don't know the status of that and how it factors in.

Also it's kinda insane to imagine what the tour would even focus on. With Lover, Folkmore, the TVs I don't know what type of focused theme the tour would even have :skull:

She should just continue with new legs of reputation Stadium Tour and upgrade the gross to another level.

22 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

I think something we're forgetting is that during the Lover era she said she didn't want to do a huge tour because of her mom, hence the sparse Lover Fest dates. We don't know the status of that and how it factors in.

Also it's kinda insane to imagine what the tour would even focus on. With Lover, Folkmore, the TVs I don't know what type of focused theme the tour would even have :skull:

When Lover Fest was announced I remember people speculating that those Festivals were planned more to spend her visibility to new places she never been to, than anything else. She had just left her biggest tour ever, so I believe, back on the day, there was a ""concern"" about demand, since she had a fresh sold out show very recently. 

Now, things are different. With two years without ""doing a thing"" I can totally see she coming back to tour, because that's where the money really is at. I would have loved her to come back this year, but she was (maybe still is) busy with the re-recoridngs and the covid situation only got better this year (and she probably still concerned about her mother so she would only come back when things are super "in control").

Edited by GabeInPolaroids

She is probably waiting to get the rerecords out of her system... After that she will go on tour and drop TS10 at the same time ala MDNA tour by Madonna. 

56 minutes ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

She had just left her biggest tour ever, so I believe, back on the day, there was a ""concern"" about demand, since she had a fresh sold out show very recently. 

That was probably the biggest reason. I remember her talking about the possibility of "intimate tour" right before they decided to do limited stadium shows in few cities instead. There was an article about that too. 

Why Isn’t Taylor Swift Doing a Big U.S. Tour for ‘Lover’?

Primarily, it’s because she did a massive 40-date North American stadium tour just last year. While a breakdown by continent was not available, the tour sold more than 2 million tickets and grossed more than $265 million in the U.S. alone, according to Pollstar, which insiders agree has pretty much saturated the market for the immediate future.

Asked whether Swift might consider a Springsteen move like touring theaters or even arenas, one insider scoffed. “Have you ever seen Taylor do anything small? And besides, there would be so many p—ed off fans. That’s just not how she rolls.”

But above that, with a full-scale U.S. tour, Swift would be risking one of the things she seems to dread most: overexposure.

Her team will probably go all out now that she didn’t tour for 5 years(by the next year). Her biggest tour is coming :katie2:

4 hours ago, Beyonnaise said:

Aside from this being a major factor, I think the main thing now is getting the TVs out of the way. Any of the songs she would perform from her old catalog, without a new TV, would be licensed to the people that own her old masters through performance fees, which she obviously doesn't want.

If she can get Reputation out within Q2 of 2023, I can see her going on tour next summer as a combination Lover/Folkevermore/Greatest Hits tour. She could market it more as a greatest hits tour in places her touring isn't as stable to push tickets, and more as a Folklore tour in NA, etc.

Or my favorite idea which is borderline delusional because she'd never do it: for every tour stop, one full stadium spectacle show for Lover/Greatest Hits, combined with another show the next day in an intimate theater/arena for Folkevermore :jonnycat:

Edited by Headlock

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.