Taylor's rerecorded song debuts higher than Gaga's new song on H100. Why?

Diesel is Desire

3 hours ago, Brando said:

Because Folklore had 17 different vinyl versions 

:bibliahh:

OT : Talent won yet again

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Аshanti

• Diesel is Desire

• Lyrique

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Lyrique said:

Do you really think Folklore/Evermore is on the level of Lemonade or FN? It sounds good, but it's more on par with TFM and Chromatica than other acclaimed albums.

This must be a troll account 17HSMdI.gif

3 hours ago, Аshanti said:

FN outsold both folklore and evermore. COMBINED.

where is the SNEAK snookums?

532B9A03-6120-4BD0-A705-690713913018.thu

They were talking about acclaim, what a tragic attempt at a comeback :deadbanana4:

3 hours ago, Аshanti said:

Because taylor spent her first 5 years of her career touring every mall in Kansas and Arkansas, stopping at every Best Buy and spending like 10 hours at each
Lady GaGa released song about gays and transgenders back when taylor was proudly singing I'll tell that you're gay at every Ohio parking lot

THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. SOME ARE ACTUAL ARTISTS and then some you need to calm down LMAO

hihi.thumb.gif.cba8a8e590c68a6c1ed9f610e

2 hours ago, Аshanti said:

Why would the OP compare them, anyway?

One is being played at NRA conventions and pro-life rallies. the other is an actual ally. 

hihi.thumb.gif.cba8a8e590c68a6c1ed9f610e

What is this edgelord nonsense, as if Gags isn’t at this very moment promoting a goddamn military movie catering to middle America :deadbanana4:

Edited by Headlock

I thought Taylor is so above everyone? And then her fans still need to compare her to everyone. The insecurity :sistrens:

52 minutes ago, Zaram said:

The insecurity :sistrens:

the self drag

not surprised by hmh will probably last longer since its a soundtrack of a movie

12 hours ago, KOMH said:

It's more acclaimed than any Gaga album and by a lot at that. AOTYs with 81+ scores on Metacritic and countless year-end rankings only.

Yeah but I'm talking in terms of sound not perception from critics. It's on the same level as Chromatica in terms of production, composition, innovation etc. I'm actually not sure why Folklore/Evermore is acclaimed in the first place. Just bc its folk/indie done by a mpg?

15 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

EDIT: And for the Monsters who were reeling from the Perfect Illusion tragedy at the time and completely missed it's chart run and are wondering how IDWLF did, it debuted at #6 and peaked at #2

:rip:

13 hours ago, 4Real said:

Folklore and Future Nostalgia are equaly acclaimed both in metacritic and aoty aggregates tho.

Yeah but I'm talking about in terms of sound, not critics' perception. FN sounds more innovative with better production and composition. Maybe that's why it had the bigger singles.

Edited by Lyrique

15 hours ago, Brando said:

Because Folklore had 17 different vinyl versions 

:biblio: Disgusting. Taylor is the non Asian BTS quick money grabber 

One is a living legend

The other one gets outstreamed by Katy Perry every other day

6 minutes ago, Lyrique said:

Yeah but I'm talking about in terms of sound, not critics' perception. FN sounds more innovative with better production and composition. Maybe that's why it had the bigger singles.

In your opinion.

It had bigger singles because it's singles are bops and ready to play on radio unlike folklore's. And well... it had singles ?

FN is a solid, professionally put together dance pop album. Chromatica was dated on release.

Folklore is an intimate artistic statement. It has absolutely no relation in terms of quality and artistic integrity to the other two.

41 minutes ago, Lyrique said:

Yeah but I'm talking in terms of sound not perception from critics. It's on the same level as Chromatica in terms of production, composition, innovation etc. I'm actually not sure why Folklore/Evermore is acclaimed in the first place. Just bc its folk/indie done by a mpg?

The level of trolling, far too much :deadbanana4:

Edited by Headlock

IDK, probably because Taylor has a bunch of fans gullible enough to buy a re-recorded version of a song that they already own. :rip: 

I do love both songs and I support Hold My Hand (I still think it's better than Shallow) but This Love is just on another level. To think it's a re-released song, no radio or playlist support, and released during the album bombs, it did pretty well. I kinda wish it can become an official single because it's so good and beautiful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.