HDD: Kendrick Lamar #1 286k, Florence + The Machine #7 48k, Black Keys #9 31k

Renan90

From 350k to 286k. Poor Kendrick. :dies: He’ll probably do less than 100k next week. :dies: 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fridayteenage

• Ger

• Martyr Of Fame

• BnPac

19 minutes ago, Ger-55 said:

Umm Kendrick, idk, this ain't really good. I mean, very good numbers anyways, but I guess I'm out of touch, and expected way more.

Me too.

14 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

286k is great without physicals though. If the streaming had held through the week, I think it would have been closer to 350k. But it has pretty much cratered on Spotify and not done that well on AM. Harry will just completely kill whatsoever is left on Spotify. Second week drop is going to be harsh. 

Yes, the replay value wasn't it for this but congrats to Kendrick

AromaticUnevenBream-size_restricted.gif

RedTV so stable :clap3:

Lover still top 50 :deadbanana2:

11 minutes ago, talentress said:

Does Double disc mean anything for streaming or physicals ?

For physicals if the total is 100 minutes then the physical CD counts as 2 not 1.

8 minutes ago, Green said:

Bad Bunny will probably be #2 next week too. He's already doing better than Kendrick on streaming

Next week:

1. Harry

2. Bad Bunny

3. Kendrick

I can believe it. I'm just shocked. i really thought 300k was going to be the low ball and felt 400-500k was going to be on target.

Physicals and vinyls would have brought it over 300k but not at 400-500k:lakitu:

But AOTY is his to lose

And I thought HDD underestimated him at 350k :stare:

Still good numbers and most importantly another great body of work. This album just isn’t carried by a big hit and it’s looking more and more like streaming isn’t kind to long extended breaks even from the the top of the industry (Kendrick, Adele, etc). 

23 minutes ago, slw84 said:

For physicals if the total is 100 minutes then the physical CD counts as 2 not 1.

Thanks, because I was thinking physical sales would save him a bit when they release but I guess its standard for him he really could have done with them first week I get there's a backlog so dates might move. Billboard should probably revert the rule change on physical sales counting on shipment.

Edited by talentress

7 minutes ago, FAN said:

How many weeks in the top 10 is this now for SOUR? 

47 and tied Sleep. :eli: 

Just now, Baby Judas said:

47 and tied Sleep. :eli: 

Oh wow :eli:

i never thought kendrick's opening would be outstreamed by bad bunny's.

bad bunny: 261k

kendrick: ~249k

Terrible numbers from Kendrick like woah that downfall is ......

55 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Intersting Kanye's Donda outsold with only 5 days with 309k debut :eek:

This is an interesting point. Kanye hasn’t had like a real hit in what seems like a decade + he doesn’t get acclaim anymore either….yet his numbers for Donda were low key amazing. 

The Kendrick numbers are expected.  No lead single and no physicals.  Half of the album is also not exactly streaming friendly.  

King has 3 albums in the top 20 :clap3: 

Anyone who listened to this album could’ve seen the >300k albums coming. Especially when he’s a great physical seller. 

Guess he’ll have to settle for being one of the greatest to ever do it. 

• ATRL Moderator

Decent numbers for Kendrick. Bad Bunny is gonna end up with one of the biggest albums of the year

59 minutes ago, slw84 said:

I can believe it. I'm just shocked. i really thought 300k was going to be the low ball and felt 400-500k was going to be on target.

Physicals and vinyls would have brought it over 300k but not at 400-500k:lakitu:

But AOTY is his to lose

He sold 200k vinyls of GKMC last year alone, 9 years after release (10th best of the year). Damn did 350k CDs first week. 

The market has obviously declined but he would’ve, of course, done 400-500k first week if they were BOTH available. 

EDIT: With a proper release, obviously. 

46 minutes ago, chaeyonce said:

Terrible numbers from Kendrick like woah that downfall is ......

There is no downfall for Kendrick Lamar. :rip:

The album material/subject is heavy for Kendrick. These aren’t songs you can replay over and over again in passing or at a party

its not surprising…this is like To Pimp A Butterfly all over again

Not HDD being wrong in their 325k prediction. Not a good sign for Harry and Post, who they predicted to do massive numbers as well.

Oh wow Donda outsold :eek:

1 hour ago, Hunter_13 said:

RedTV so stable :clap3:

Lover still top 50 :deadbanana2:

Red TV is literally serving better chart run than some studio albums, i cant. And the fact Red (TV + OG) is still pulling 5M+ stream daily… :jonny5: 

Ouch, that's a lot less from the initial predictions :eek: decent numbers though.

18 minutes ago, KOMH said:

Not HDD being wrong in their 325k prediction. Not a good sign for Harry and Post, who they predicted to do massive numbers as well.

Harry has physicals ready and he's huge on vinyls. I think he might overperform and push 500k depending on streaming

Post is def flopping though

1 hour ago, Lady Claire said:

Ouch, that's a lot less from the initial predictions :eek: decent numbers though.

Harry has physicals ready and he's huge on vinyls. I think he might overperform and push 500k depending on streaming

Post is def flopping though

Idts 

posts last album is still 21 right now :dies: 

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

The album material/subject is heavy for Kendrick. These aren’t songs you can replay over and over again in passing or at a party

its not surprising…this is like To Pimp A Butterfly all over again

hmm i never realized that album only spent 4 weeks top 10.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.