Taylor Swift era with the BEST single choices?

GiftFromGod

Taylor Swift era with the BEST single choices?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Taylor Swift era with the BEST single choices?

• Taylor Swift
    • Fearless
    • Speak Now
    • RED
    • Lover
    • folklore
    • evermore

Well...

Edited by GiftFromGod

1989. Every single choice was extremely spot on

Willow and cardigan

1989 for SURE. the only, ONLY thing i think i would change is making a different song the promo single over OOTW so it would’ve had more of a fighting chance on the charts, tho honestly considering how well the album had done to that point, idk how much more the song could’ve succeeded at that point ?

1989 is the best, then RED, then Mixtape. Fearless had a few really solid choices and a few misses (with some gems sitting on the album) and willow was the right choice for evermore, then the choices all fall off a cliff. Speak Now had some good choices like BTD, and some awful choices like TSOU. Reputation and especially Lover's were a bit of a disaster each. However, the worst was folklore, just cause she had CLASSICS sitting on that album and didn't do **** with them :gaycat6:

Lover

She could have had another 1989 with reputation and Lover (and maybe even folklore) if she’d chosen the right singles. 

reputation should have been:

LWYMMD

DWOHT

Getaway Car

Don’t Blame Me

Delicate

Lover should have been:

Cruel Summer

Lover

Paper Rings (I don’t love this song, but it’s smashing right now)

ITHK

folklore should have been:

exile

august

57 minutes ago, Everyperfectsummer said:

Debut 

Genuinely this. She picked the best songs off the album. The rest is largely a skip

1989 is all spot on, except maybe New Romantics should've followed Wildest Dreams and ended the era with Out of The Woods instead

Then followed by Fearless

The only thing I change is releasing something from Platinum Edition. Maybe instead of Fifteen, I'll push Jump Then Fall, and then ended the era with Fifteen

Fearless is cute song, but it had been released as promotional single. A tour video without radio add is enough for that song

1989, mixtape, and Fearless all had impeccable singles runs.

The Fearless era even could’ve gone longer, with potential releases for Forever & Always, You’re Not Sorry, The Best Day (if timed correctly), or The Other Side of the Door.

I think it would’ve been better in the 1989 era if they gave New Romantics the Bad Blood treatment; a Kendrick verse would’ve fit in the bridge and all those high profile cameos in the video would’ve ensured the song because a smash. Then Bad Blood could still be released after Wildest Dreams, and it likely would’ve been bigger than OOTW…

The Speak Now era also had solid choices, but I think Mine kinda… failed as a lead single, although it was kinda hurt a bit by the leak and rush-release. The half-hearted effort to make The Story of Us happen on pop radio could’ve gone better, too. IDK. All of this era’s singles are great songs, but I feel like the rollout could’ve gone better. 

The Red rollout was a bit messy on the country side of things. I don’t think they intended Begin Again to be a proper single at first (remember when there was a “country remix” of WANEGOD? :laugh:), so that had a weird release. And then they took like a 6 month gap in her country singles run to promote Highway Don’t Care. And then they released the title track, which is at least 80% pop, and somehow managed to push it to #1 on country radio, but they never let it cross over to other formats, despite it being one of the most obvious multi-format hits of her career. 

Edited by Achilles.

duh its Lover :giraffe:

19 hours ago, Achilles. said:

1989, mixtape, and Fearless all had impeccable singles runs.

The Fearless era even could’ve gone longer, with potential releases for Forever & Always, You’re Not Sorry, The Best Day (if timed correctly), or The Other Side of the Door.

I think it would’ve been better in the 1989 era if they gave New Romantics the Bad Blood treatment; a Kendrick verse would’ve fit in the bridge and all those high profile cameos in the video would’ve ensured the song because a smash. Then Bad Blood could still be released after Wildest Dreams, and it likely would’ve been bigger than OOTW…

The Speak Now era also had solid choices, but I think Mine kinda… failed as a lead single, although it was kinda hurt a bit by the leak and rush-release. The half-hearted effort to make The Story of Us happen on pop radio could’ve gone better, too. IDK. All of this era’s singles are great songs, but I feel like the rollout could’ve gone better. 

The Red rollout was a bit messy on the country side of things. I don’t think they intended Begin Again to be a proper single at first (remember when there was a “country remix” of WANEGOD? :laugh:), so that had a weird release. And then they took like a 6 month gap in her country singles run to promote Highway Don’t Care. And then they released the title track, which is at least 80% pop, and somehow managed to push it to #1 on country radio, but they never let it cross over to other formats, despite it being one of the most obvious multi-format hits of her career. 

didn't Red only peak at #3 on Hot Country Song chart?

I think pushing 22 after IKYWT is a mistake because they really shoved that poppy Taylor to our throat

I would also push Red (song) to Pop/Country after IKYWT

f*ck with HDC, she is just a hook girl there

There's no way she would be overexposed on Country format

and then later released 22

EHC could be UK single only

Mixtape. OOTW shouldn't have been a single while she picked all the right songs from debut

i feel like Reputation would of been a great era if she released the right songs! dancing with our hands tied & I did something bad were singles it would of went a long way :(

Obviously Taylor’s best album REPUTATION but she couldn’t have gone wrong when literally every song is single worthy.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.