UK girl groups, which one deserved to conquer US?

Link16

Which UK Girl Group deserved to conquer US?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Which UK girl group deserved to conquer US?

• Eternal
    • Atomic Kitten
    • Mis-Teeq
    • Sugababes
    • Girls Aloud
    • The Saturdays
    • Little Mix

UK-feminism-Girl-Bands-Pop-Spice-Girls-All-Saints-Sugababes-Girls-Aloud-Little-Mix  | Dando la nota

Bananarama was the first UK girl group with success in the US in the 80's, they scored 3 top ten singles on Billboard inclued #1 single Venus.

Then the Spicemania arrived in the United States in the 90s with 7 consecutive singles in the top 20 of Billboard and millions of albums sold. With the 90s teen pop wave, All Saints scored a top 5 single with Never Ever and B*Witched a top ten single with C'est la Vie, both groups achieved Platinum with the debut albums.

Since then no other UK girl group has been able to have a top ten single on Billboard or a Platinum album. 

Which UK Girl Group deserved to conquer US?

Edited by Link16

Sugababes (the 2nd lineup more precisely) from the listed ones

Hole in the Head was at least a US top 40 radio "hit" though

Edited by okgo

Girls Aloud, absolutely. Would've opened the doors for a lot more of that mid-00s electropop that dominated Europe but not America to have crossed over :alexz:

21 minutes ago, okgo said:

Sugababes (the 2nd lineup more precisely) from the listed ones

Hole in the Head was at least a US top 40 radio "hit" though

but only peak at 96 on Billboard, why they didn't try with Push The Button? 

Edited by Link16

Out of all the UK girl groups the only ones who had actual potential were the Sugababes and Mis-teeq. 

Girls Aloud would've flopped. 

2 minutes ago, Attitude said:

Out of all the UK girl groups the only ones who had actual potential were the Sugababes and Mis-teeq. 

Atomic Kitten also had potential, they had the music video ready for the debut

Sugababes would’ve blended right into US radio back in the day. The rest were too campy/British sounding tbh.

Sugababes were the only one with overseas appeal but I have a soft spot for Girls Aloud :emofish: Call the Shots was a hit in Billboard Bikini Bottom!!! 

Sugababes. Not just because they were around the longest but they were the ones who could genre hop and still remain the sugababes. Whereas if you compare them to Girls Aloud, those girls were restricted with creating euro dance pop music for the duration they were together. 

I’d love Heidi to join the “current” lineup again and see them all on tour.

I think that objectively Little Mix is the most talented, as a whole, of these groups. 

They are one of the most well rounded to groups ever, when it comes to being able to serve vocal & performance, so they deserved.

Sugababes & Atomic Kitten have classic songs in SEA

it’s a shame both of the girls flopping in US :chick1:

also Little Mix deserve a success with Black Magic in US:chick3:

Girls Aloud. The answer will always be Girls Aloud.

Realistically, Sugababes and Little Mix had the best chance of breaking in the US tho.

11 hours ago, TrieLz said:

Sugababes & Atomic Kitten have classic songs in SEA

it’s a shame both of the girls flopping in US :chick1:

also Little Mix deserve a success with Black Magic in US:chick3:

Shout Out To My Ex deserve too :clap3:

Even though they made a lot of noise on the US with their debut All Saints deserved much more… they were so fresh and have a sound that clearly would have been much more popular in the states and WW tbh

But they are not on the list so I voted GA

On 5/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, Link16 said:

Atomic Kitten also had potential, they had the music video ready for the debut

I could see them being a one hit wonder and then flopping. Why did they scrap this? :skull:

Sugababes never took off because Keisha and Mutya refused to fly to the States to do promo.

Mis-Teeq got offered a record deal with Warner, but then Alesha quit. :deadbanana:

On 5/12/2022 at 7:38 AM, Attitude said:

lol yeah Girls Aloud tried w Australia, Germany, Asia and flopped... what made ppl think they can crack US when it's even more difficult?

the correct answer is Sugababes .... they dropped the ball w Push The Buttons and About You Now (2 worldwide smashes)

On 5/12/2022 at 10:32 PM, Attitude said:

I could see them being a one hit wonder and then flopping. Why did they scrap this? :skull:

Sugababes never took off because Keisha and Mutya refused to fly to the States to do promo.

Mis-Teeq got offered a record deal with Warner, but then Alesha quit. :deadbanana:

9/11 :deadbanana4:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1547808.stm

none. They all suck

Omg at Neon Jungle being in the collage :rip: What a throwback to Braveheart! 

I actually thought Atomic Kitten had a breakthrough with The Tide Is High. Did that song ever chart in the US? It was big here in SEA.

Edited by AgentChain

Little Mix have incredible music. I've been listening to their GH and it's just banger after banger.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.