Golden Hit: Season 1 πŸ“€ Congrats to 8thPrince and Jackson!! πŸ†πŸ†

fountain

15 minutes ago, Jackson said:

can i do a double entry where the songs are related and transition to each other i.e. A Sinner’s Prayer/Fuccubus?Β 

An iconic bop, and we did consider someone would ask this. We're more looking for one continuous song though, think more "Skin" and less "Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary". :alexz2:

Β 

To clarify, I don't think "A Sinner’s Prayer/Fuccubus" would necessarily be a poor fit for this challenge. However, it's all about marketingℒ️. A transitional interlude and/or use of A-sections and B-sections and a retitle to "A Sinner's Prayer (Fuccubus)" would realistically work fine.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Remmy

• Hanami-Blossom

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this challenge. :jonny5:

Β 

Not hurricane already pumping out a submission in a 20 minute stream of conscious writing process just like All Too Well itself. :jonnycat:

12 minutes ago, Jackson said:

can i do a double entry where the songs are related and transition to each other i.e. A Sinner’s Prayer/Fuccubus?Β 

I… would strongly suggest not to, honestly. The point of the challenge is to write one song that runs for longer than average as to go against the trend of 2 minute songs curated for Spotify playlists, like ATW10MVTVFTV. Two separate songs, even if related, isn’t really embracing this. And if one song transitions into the other… why not just make it a singular thing?Β 

Oop my submission last round clocked in at 532 words. All it takes is an extra verse and a long chorus.

Β 

:gaylorcat2:

8 minutes ago, hurricane326 said:

Everything just poured out of me. God that was cathartic

Seeing your writing journey in real time is honestly unreal. I WISH I had your level of unfiltered and spontaneous creative prowess. :jonny2:

2 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Oop my submission last round clocked in at 532 words. All it takes is an extra verse and a long chorus.

Β 

:gaylorcat2:

When I was reading your entry I was thinking, "Did sis peep the upcoming challenge somehow?" because honestly it would fit it to a T. :skull:

i'm truly like hannah montana... one side of me is a pop star and one side is doing drugs backstage when the cameras are off. who am i!!!!!!!! who is the real me!!!?!?

12 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Love this challenge. :jonny5:

CONFIRMED ACCLAIMED CHALLENGE :clap3:

Speaking of the last challenge, I forgot to say that DEEPFAKE is the best thing I’ve ever seen and it will be an honor to rank (potentially far) below Jackson. :jonnycat:

Time to get something to eat and then I'll finalise personal scores/rankings and curate some hince!

58 minutes ago, Legend E said:

i may submit something i already have :keir:Β 

Β 

Spoiler

The idea typically is that submissions are newly written songs, but of course there is no way for us to regulate that, so we mostly just have to hope that entries are specifically written for our challengeΒ :monkey:

Β 

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, fountain said:

Β 

Β  Hide contents

The idea typically is that submissions are newly written songs, but of course there is no way for us to regulate that, so we mostly just have to hope that entries are specifically written for our challengeΒ :monkey:

Β 

well it's something relatively new anyway so, plus it might need adjustments

48 minutes ago, Aurora said:

An iconic bop, and we did consider someone would ask this. We're more looking for one continuous song though, think more "Skin" and less "Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary". :alexz2:

Β 

To clarify, I don't think "A Sinner’s Prayer/Fuccubus" would necessarily be a poor fit for this challenge. However, it's all about marketingℒ️. A transitional interlude and/or use of A-sections and B-sections and a retitle to "A Sinner's Prayer (Fuccubus)" would realistically work fine.

This makes sense, considering I don't think Fuccubus is all that different from Happier Than Ever structurally. I'm looking forward to this challenge though- it's surprising no one's thought of this before. Although maybe someone did and just wasn't feeling masochisticΒ :laugh:Β 

Β 

28 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

Speaking of the last challenge, I forgot to say that DEEPFAKE is the best thing I’ve ever seen and it will be an honor to rank (potentially far) below Jackson. :jonnycat:

Thank you king :jonnycat:

21 hours ago, Remmy said:

aw hell naw round 3 is gonna be something like write a song like it's a shakespeare play !!

i was going to respond to this yesterday but - honestly i was actually considering writing something like this a couple days ago. i'm like 130 episodes deep into The History of English podcast and I just learned that Old English poetry focused more on alliteration than rhyming, so I was considering writing a song with tons of alliteration and no rhyming with some Shakespearean language sprinkled in with a modern twist :jonny5:

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

i was going to respond to this yesterday but - honestly i was actually considering writing something like this a couple days ago. i'm like 130 episodes deep into The History of English podcast and I just learned that Old English poetry focused more on alliteration than rhyming, so I was considering writing a song with tons of alliteration and no rhyming with some Shakespearean language sprinkled in with a modern twist :jonny5:

Yesss do some experimenting, ye 'ol chap :gaycat4:

We really didn't need to assassinate me like this when I was already flopping :weeps:Β 

All 2Too Legmeat (3THREE Minute Version) (Mxtthew's Version) (From The Island) coming soon

so apparently ATW10MVTVFTV is only 462 words and Happier Than Ever is only 339 wordsΒ :gaycat3:

Β 

But Anaconda is 593 words. Should we rename it the Anaconda challenge?Β 

5 minutes ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

All 2Too Legmeat (3THREE Minute Version) (Mxtthew's Version) (From The Island) coming soon

:jonny5:

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

so apparently ATW10MVTVFTV is only 462 words and Happier Than Ever is only 339 wordsΒ :gaycat3:

Β 

But Anaconda is 593 words. Should we rename it the Anaconda challenge?Β 

Wut? All Too Well is 800+

3 minutes ago, fountain said:

Wut? All Too Well is 800+

honestly i've listened to it like once so i'm not sure if the lyrics i found were the original, but the point stands.Β 

Β 

#AnacondaChallenge

@8thPrinceΒ I just read the short story you were inspired by for your submission for Round 2β€”what a lovely selection, and I'm glad I made the time to read it. While I still think your entry stands on its own well, the extra layer of context was fantastic, but I think the fact that it already reads so well without the story being required reading is testament to your writing ability. Typos aside, very lovely work.

ATW10MVTVFTV is around 960 words, according to my calculations

Β 

Between Jackson trying to gaslight and Legend E trying to cheat, I am disgusted with this cast right now!!! I think we need some punishments around here

3 minutes ago, Jackson said:

honestly i've listened to it like once so i'm not sure if the lyrics i found were the original, but the point stands.Β 

Β 

#AnacondaChallenge

It’s not too late to edit my Round 2 scoresΒ :biblionny:Β I might have to lower you to an Eternal Sleep

1 minute ago, Remmy said:

ATW10MVTVFTV is around 960 words, according to my calculations

And with no chorus or obnoxious sample :clap:Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.