Kendrick's "The Heart Part 5" Spotify US #1 2.5M, WW #4 5M

Carrie-is-no-1

Is this the official lead or it's just a promo sing? By the way, the numbers are great! :clap3:

Great numbers. He's coming for blood with this album.

Great numbers for the king of hip hop! :katie2:

Underwhelming numbers. Expected +8-9M and an instant #1 on US Apple Music ( still #9 and probably won't reach #1 before the album release). It'll be interesting to see Friday's numbers, maybe people are holding back from listening to it until the album drops entirely. 

Global :clap3:

4 minutes ago, PopFan1996 said:

won't reach #1 before the album release

is this track his lead or the real lead only coming out on Friday?

Surprised half the global numbers coming from the US, it’s still incredibly impressive as a random single drop but I thought he’d be more global. Maybe it’s a case of local rappers in their own languages taking precedence over US rappers though. 

Edited by storminthedark

43 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Is this the official lead or it's just a promo sing? By the way, the numbers are great! :clap3:

It’s apart of The Heart series tradition. Nothing attached to the official album. 

The lead single of his new album will debut at #1 for sure  :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, PopFan1996 said:

Underwhelming numbers. Expected +8-9M and an instant #1 on US Apple Music ( still #9 and probably won't reach #1 before the album release). It'll be interesting to see Friday's numbers, maybe people are holding back from listening to it until the album drops entirely. 

I read that this song doesn't belong to the album

2 minutes ago, Green said:

I read that this song doesn't belong to the album

Its part of The Heart series, its not part of his album but its his first lead  song in 4 years 

For reference, The Heart Part 4 only debuted at #21 on streaming (and #22 on the Hot 100) a week before he released Humble

His lead is coming to annihilate

Edited by ☆lex

weird that he crushed on spotify/youtube, did well on itunes

yet did eh on apple

2 hours ago, Devin said:

It’s apart of The Heart series tradition. Nothing attached to the official album. 

Wow. :eek:

the song is 6 minutes long, what were you expecting?

great numbers, and this isn't even attached to the album!

can't wait for friday :duca:

Edited by Michael196

7 hours ago, storminthedark said:

Surprised half the global numbers coming from the US, it’s still incredibly impressive as a random single drop but I thought he’d be more global. Maybe it’s a case of local rappers in their own languages taking precedence over US rappers though. 

Most US rappers are local, rap and rnb are local genres and when exported, it's done by locals. Eminem is an exception because he's white and his hooks are always very pop leaning. It's not surprising at all. 

------

This did good, it's not a single and just part of a serie he releases before the album. 

8 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Most US rappers are local, rap and rnb are local genres and when exported, it's done by locals. Eminem is an exception because he's white and his hooks are always very pop leaning. It's not surprising at all. 

------

This did good, it's not a single and just part of a serie he releases before the album. 

Very pop leaning? Really?

1 minute ago, Yuanyu said:

Very pop leaning? Really?

Yes. 

38 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

If you say so....

Well I did say so... in the very first comment you quoted. :toofunny3:

But to be precise if you find the refrains/hooks to Cleaning Out My Closet, Stan, Monster, love the way you lie or whatever the title very urban leaning and not very pop leaning, then hey to each their own. Me, myself and I do find them very pop leaning, most times they're even sung, covered by... pop artists. 

22 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Well I did say so... in the very first comment you quoted. :toofunny3:

But to be precise if you find the refrains/hooks to Cleaning Out My Closet, Stan, Monster, love the way you lie or whatever the title very urban leaning and not very pop leaning, then hey to each their own. Me, myself and I do find them very pop leaning, most times they're even sung, covered by... pop artists. 

Funny how you consider Eminem's hooks pop for something all hip hop artists have done. In fact you mention hooks sung by Rihanna, as if she hasn't sung the hook of Kendrick songs.

36 minutes ago, Yuanyu said:

Funny how you consider Eminem's hooks pop for something all hip hop artists have done. In fact you mention hooks sung by Rihanna, as if she hasn't sung the hook of Kendrick songs.

You're literally making a case for nothing. 

His hooks are way more accessible ww because they're pop leaning. Very much so, even his solo songs. 

Stan for example is a pure full pop song originally sung by Dido and Eminem used the refrain, how can you deny the difference? Just like Jay-Z' s most known song in Europe before Empire State of Mind (a very pop leaning hook too) is probably Numb because the hook is rock so a popular genre ww. 

I never said all his hooks were pop, I said they were however always very pop leaning. I also never said others don't have such hooks but very rarely so, most rappers from the US have urban or very heavy soul/rnb hooks which is local and not that appreciated ww particularly in Europe. And why do you single out one popstar? Why does the fact that she sings on Kendrick's songs even mean? Her two hooks with Em are completely pop, they were perfect examples. 

I can't believe this is something one would even disagree with. 

There was no dig there, just an obversation but let's agree to disagree. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.