Brandy’s Never Say Never eligible for Diamond. Why?

crf13

Brandy’s Never Say Never eligible for Diamond. Why?   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Brandy’s Never Say Never eligible for Diamond. Why?

• Talent
    • Acclaim
    • Beauty
    • Success
    • All of the above

B Rocka’s IG post:

brandy Wow♠️ 

Dear God, you never cease to amaze me and always find magical ways to help me understand that my work is cherished. Thank you to everyone who has enjoyed and supported my music over the years. #neversaynever changed my life and how I would approach music forever. Love to all my angels on this project and this one in particular- @bigshiz ♥️
#theboyismine #haveyouever #topoftheworld#almostdoesntcount just wow??
Edited by crf13

Great album

Her best album. :jonny4:

I absolutely love this album but there's no way this is true :deadbanana2: I think it being eligible for 6x Platinum is way more accurate 

Thinking Of You

It’s just sympathy, that’s it. The GP just used her album as a fundraiser for her hospital bills after Monica punched and then scalped her. 

Spoiler

It’s honestly such an incredible album with memorable songs that has stood the test of time 

A landmark R&B album that was one of the best of the 90's.

Angel In Slayage alone >

TABS!

9 minutes ago, allforyou said:

I absolutely love this album but there's no way this is true :deadbanana2: I think it being eligible for 6x Platinum is way more accurate 

Yeah I’m confused by that too. The original album is only 5x Platinum. Even with SPS from The Boy Is Mine, that shouldn’t be enough, unless I’m misremembering the ratio for equivalent units.

4 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Yeah I’m confused by that too. The original album is only 5x Platinum. Even with SPS from The Boy Is Mine, that shouldn’t be enough, unless I’m misremembering the ratio for equivalent units.

It has sold 5.4M pure copies, I'm assuming it has sold approximately 5 million singles (physical + downloads) and SPS must be around 200,000 (300 Million streams) so it would be 6.1M units which in my opinion makes way more sense, idk where the other 3.9M could come from. The Boy Is Mine only has 131M Spotify streams.

Edited by allforyou

3 minutes ago, allforyou said:

It has sold 5.4M pure copies, I'm assuming it has sold approximately 5 million singles (physical + downloads) and SPS must be around 200,000 (300 Million streams) so it would be 6.1M units which in my opinion makes way more sense, idk where the other 3.9M could come from. The Boy Is Mine only has 131M Spotify streams.

Yeah, you’re right and that’s nowhere near Diamond :skull: None of the other songs have as many streams either. Even if we were to give album some more wiggle room and say maybe some shipments weren’t accounted for and add a bit more SPS and say it was eligible for 7 million, that’s still not close enough for Diamond :gaycat6:

23 minutes ago, allforyou said:

Yeah, love this album but it definitely isn’t Diamond eligible. 

It’s a classic. Simple as that.

Put That on Everything >>>

I knew this thread would lure in some Brandy praise even if… it may not be true :fan:

Chart Masters has it below 10M units worldwide, let alone in the US.......

What kind of source is that?  :deadbanana2:

Fake news

They set Brandy up :rip: 

40 minutes ago, SoJro101 said:

It’s a classic. Simple as that.

Put That on Everything >>>

Yup yup 

:clap3:

The set up :deadbanana2:

But it should be eligible, and the reason for that is ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Girl... 

5 hours ago, allforyou said:

This. It's 6x Platinum MAX :rip: 

I love Queen but PLEASE 

This album had a near perfect singles run. If they had just finished off with U Don't Know Me and gave it more attention. I would have been happy.

legendary album and eligible for diamond idc what yall say 

Bey_Rihstan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.