Gayle/Olivia copycat under fire on Twitter

GentleDance

Leah Kate, a 29-year-old pop singer is a full decade older than Olivia Rodrigo, but undeniably riding the Rodrigo/GAYLE pop-punk/alternative wave right now with her punchy ****-you anthem “10 Things I Hate About You.”

Edited by GentleDance

You have to be really really bad to be compared to both g*yl* and *l*v**. What an insult :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, CBC said:

You have to be really really bad to be compared to both g*yl* and *l*v**. What an insult :toofunny2:

dshdsdsdshhydshsds

CBC

"Twinkle twinkle little *****" >>> brutal

Spoiler

151537350_rosaavi.thumb.gif.c4004e426367

This is like an insult to call it alternative and punk when it's nothing like that. A plastic, commercial song.

this one is lowkey a bop :jamming:

cat-head-bump-cat-nodding.gif

I understand it. Song is complete trash. This stupid trend of turning nursery rhyme songs into angsty edgy crap needs to end. 

There is already a thread made for this but she deserves the lashings.  The song is terrible and the fact that she’s almost 30 :rip:

she's almost 30 making music like this...? :skull:

honestly this could be a whole genre of music. there are plenty of white mediocre girls releasing songs that sound just like this. the cursive billie eilish-like voice + cringeworthy tiktok lyrics… stop

The way she acts edgy and starts to jump like a 12 years old disney channel character

its-getting-weird-real-housewives-of-atlanta.gif

What's funny is that while interpolating nursery rhymes is a recent fad, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star samples have worked in pop music. Starships was joyful & intentionally dumb so the silliness worked. This played it way too straight. I could see 100 Gecs pulling this off. But the Olivia cosplay makes it especially terrible

abortion gone for like 2 days and olivia rodrigo birthing worlds worst sons

the absolutely RUTHLESS drags, i- :deadvision:

An artist can't have "copycats" when she herself is a copycat of many artists before her. Also, this artist is a decade older than Olivia, so she likely developed her artistic identity and sound before her.

Too childish for a 30yo girl :rip: 

19 minutes ago, gustavothehuman said:

the absolutely RUTHLESS drags, i- :deadvision:

Ruthless :deadbanana:

1 hour ago, raven said:

she's almost 30 making music like this...? :skull:

It's actually creepy :rip:

Not the girl that made the shitty 7 Things ripoff:bibliahh:

Why is it that when a woman tries to make a career in music everyone runs with the iNdUsTry pLaNt accusations and acting like they're not unique whatsoever so they shouldn't make it, but hundreds of nameless men do all the exact same thing and no one bats an eye :doc:

They have no one to blame but themselves for making G4U as massive as it was. Like...this is music industry 101 :rip:

That being said it's kind of embarrassing how this girl is pushing 30 and writing songs like she's a teenager who just had her first breakup...but I think people are doing too much on her. From what I've seen she has other great songs so :michael:

Edited by Billionaire

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.