Gilead is coming! American Gheys & Women, what you gonna do?

katara

So it's pretty clear that Amuhricah is heading in the Gilead direction judging by recent pushes to reverse ghey & women's rights. It will all culminate with Trump winning in 2024 and congress being majority conservative. :gaycat6:

For anyone unfamilair with Gilead: it's a fictive right-wing country the US turns into (from the series Handmaid's Tale) where women and minorities have no rights. Women are only used for child-bearing and Gheys are killed if found out.

5czen9dtsdy81.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

So what are yall girls and fruits gonna do when this happens in the mid 2020's? Are you gonna flee or are you staying in Gilead and acting like religious hetero men and impregnating women? :celestial5:

Edited by katara

Advocating for gays and leftists to arm themselves and join “liberal gun owners” and the “pink pistols”. You can be in favor of gun control while not allowing crazy republicans to own all the guns. :-*

I’m already in the process of moving to a blue state within a short drive to Canada and I have money saved for a rainy day. 

Condom ban? None of that is gonna happen. Bookmark me.

• ATRL Moderator

I'll get a job at Jezebel's :gaycatina1:

I think y’all seriously underestimate how nearly impossible that would be because of the implications it would have for the US on the world stage.

2 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

Yeah and Trmup was never gonna win. Abortion was never gonna be oulawed. "Don't say Gay" was never gonna be implemented. Burning books was never gonna happen. Etc etc... :celestial5:

4 minutes ago, katara said:

Yeah and Trmup was never gonna win. Abortion was never gonna be oulawed. "Don't say Gay" was never gonna be implemented. Burning books was never gonna happen. Etc etc... :celestial5:

yup. 

Americans need to wake the **** up and be reactionary. Stop being gaslighted by conservatives and moderates who are telling you "it's not gonna happen" because it already IS happening 

Elisabeth Moss Hulu GIF

10 minutes ago, Domination said:

I think y’all seriously underestimate how nearly impossible that would be because of the implications it would have for the US on the world stage.

These people literally attempted a coup and don't care that they were caught on camera, with text messages, etc. because nothing came of it. 

ostLp5v.gif

Condom bans? What kind of idiot proposed that idea?

56 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

have y'all learned nothing in the past 6 years? 

anything can happen. expect the unexpected.

1 hour ago, jordanjm said:

Advocating for gays and leftists to arm themselves and join “liberal gun owners” and the “pink pistols”. You can be in favor of gun control while not allowing crazy republicans to own all the guns. :-*

I’m already in the process of moving to a blue state within a short drive to Canada and I have money saved for a rainy day. 

Good luck in Canada, which is currently about ten times more authoritarian than the US :toofunny3:

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Blue Monday said:

These people literally attempted a coup and don't care that they were caught on camera, with text messages, etc. because nothing came of it. 

Huh? Over 700 people were arrested and many of them served jail time (usually just a couple months) while over 70 faced serious criminal charges and are awaiting trial. I wouldn't say "nothing came of it" even if the consequences weren't really publicized that much.

10 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Huh? Over 700 people were arrested and many of them served jail time (usually just a couple months) while over 70 faced serious criminal charges and are awaiting trial. I wouldn't say "nothing came of it" even if the consequences weren't really publicized that much.

I'm specifically referring to the politicians, the very same people who are now pushing all of the restrictive legislation. That's great the insurrectionists are facing charges. However, the politicians that aided, abetted and emboldened them are now trying to rewrite the events of 1/6 while also lying about their involvement. MTG was just acquitted and is allowed to run for re-election despite there being text messages of her pushing for Trump to use the military to invoke martial law, yet they said there "wasn't enough evidence"

Edited by Blue Monday
typo

25 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Ok, now imagine the capital was stormed by thousands of Muslim Americans or African Americans.

Do you think it would have been just a few of them getting a couple weeks/months jail time? Or do you think the punishment might have been more severe?

These people literally broke into the US Capitol with intent to harm or possibly kill US officials.

1 hour ago, John Slayne said:

have y'all learned nothing in the past 6 years? 

anything can happen. expect the unexpected.

Except literally nothing happened after Trump became president :skull: The status quo remained.

u really just threaded the top post on reddit huh :rip:

nothing will fundamentally change, status quo remains, etc. shame about roe v wade but that was bound to happen. 0% chance a condom ban happens lol, twitter is a deluded place

Side note: I love the @lolOverruled guy. Though it’s sad that he’s too big now and took down his “spicy” content. 

14 minutes ago, Domination said:

Except literally nothing happened after Trump became president :skull: The status quo remained.

except this abortion ban is literally Trump's legacy??? who do you think appointed those supreme court justices? 

also it's not just Trump, look at politics WW. Bolsonaro, Brexit, Russia,... far-right has been rising everywhere. an unprecedented worldwide pandemic. do y'all even pay attention? things have been going downhill for quite some time now and it's likely going to get even worse.

what more does need to happen for you to realise that things are changing - for the worse?

I’m gonna get on my knees and serve my commander. The amount of old daddies nut that I’ll get. Under his eye, indeed! :WAP:

Why is the US turning in to a third world country? I remember when I was a little I wanted to live there so bad. Not anymore. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2022 at 6:37 AM, Cas said:

Why is the US turning in to a third world country? I remember when I was a little I wanted to live there so bad. Not anymore. 

Because it is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.