Tove Styrke - 'Hard'

skankle

7 minutes ago, likefoxesdo said:

It was on the tracklist she posted but we haven’t heard it. It’ll apparently be out Friday!

thx!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skankle

• Supervillain

• Delirious

• pavi

Free sucks because of the 2012'd production and grating chorus, I also noticed the 2nd verse is unsatisfactorily short so it feels like the whole song is that chorus. A ringtone artist indeed

This interview is ******* hilarious

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-61717373

"I'm so sick of everything being the exact same formula," she says.

"Everything is 2'30". Everything has a really short intro that grabs your attention. Every vocal is so smooth that it doesn't bother you at all.

"I wanted to do something different. It's okay for a song to be 3'30". Maybe you want to stay in that place a little longer. Maybe I want to have a guitar solo at the end.

If you “hate it” so much why is your “album” full of 2 minute song with only 3 songs reaching the 3 minute mark? :lmao: 

3 hours ago, Supervillain said:

If you “hate it” so much why is your “album” full of 2 minute song with only 3 songs reaching the 3 minute mark? :lmao: 

I don't even hate Sway removed from the rollout but :skull: what does she think her career has been for the past 6 years

Best album of all time and it's not even close 

7 hours ago, Supervillain said:

:rip: They set my ***** up

By "they" I mean Ms. Styrke herself

8 hours ago, Supervillain said:

:dies:

9 hours ago, Supervillain said:

No waaaaaaayyy :hoetenks:

I mean, most of the songs are good, but they actually really needed extended intros, outros, brdiges :skull:

As an OG Kiddo stan, this is better than I expected. Lies is my favorite. 

Looking forward to Cool Me Down though :gaycat4:

Lies -> Free -> 24H was such an awful string of **** songs I lost all hope for the album as I was listening to it, but she really salvaged the entire album with the second half. I really really like Bruises being a really cute early 2000s pop/rock song, but not that annoying pop/punk poser **** that's been run to the ground at this point. I'd like more of this kind of pop/rock in general!

I think she could've included Mood Swings in the album though. :chick1:

ok wow "cool me down" is so good. elevated the album for me

15 hours ago, Haus said:

As an OG Kiddo stan, this is better than I expected. Lies is my favorite. 

Looking forward to Cool Me Down though :gaycat4:

same this album was def better than expected. i love how she changes her sound so drastically each era. This era's sound was definitely the most generic route yet but there are some really good pop tunes on here. I like every track on here

Cool Me Down is pretty good. Probably would have left a better impression overall if she'd dropped it with the rest of the album last week :rip:

"Cool Me Down" is actually pretty cute! I really like the guitars in the background.

Cool Me Down is cute, but I wish the vocal mixing was much clearer. It sounds so different from YouYouYou 

CMD is a cute little bop and definitely should have been on the original release, this rollout has been messy.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:10 AM, SitarHero said:

Cool Me Down is pretty good. Probably would have left a better impression overall if she'd dropped it with the rest of the album last week :rip:

What was the reason it's released just now?

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

What was the reason it's released just now?

I fear she was threatened by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs announcing their similarly titled album Cool it Down 2 days before Hard dropped :michael:

Ranking

Start Walking > Hardcore > YOUYOUYOU = Cool Me Down > Show me love > mood swing > 24 hr > bruises > lies > free > millenial blues :clap3:

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.