Tove Styrke - 'Hard'

skankle

She talked about Cool Me Down in this interview and I guess that means it's definitely getting released to be on the album. It almost was a single instead of YYY, so I guess she wanted to keep it as a post-album single

She also talks about having another song lined up to be released, that could either be tacked on the album, or could be the start of something new, since the sound is different

She also has plans to tour Europe/UK!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skankle

• Supervillain

• Delirious

• pavi

2 minutes ago, pavi said:

She talked about Cool Me Down in this interview and I guess that means it's definitely getting released to be on the album. It almost was a single instead of YYY, so I guess she wanted to keep it as a post-album single

She also talks about having another song lined up to be released, that could either be tacked on the album, or could be the start of something new, since the sound is different

She also has plans to tour Europe/UK!

why not just release it for the 15 people that streamed the album

41 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

Cool Me Down is getting released next friday

... what's the point? Escaping the post-album-release-single curse as an indie girl for an extra 1000 streams? :deadbanana4:

45 minutes ago, Baby Blue said:

Cool Me Down is getting released next friday

Pathetic. I wonder if it's gonna be released as a standalone single :toofunny3: 

This album literally isn’t coherent at all. Sway had flaws in form/production/length but it has a consistent sound (other than, I guess, Mistakes, but at least that’s a decently good song) which this album lacks. The tracklist doesn’t flow at all (why is Bruises the final song? Why is Start Walking after Hardcore?) but there’s no way to put it together cohesively because it doesn’t work. She truly traded in 2017 algorithm-pop for 2020 algorithm-pop two years too late and didn’t even do the pastiche well. I retract every piece of praise I gave her after Kiddo, the biggest fluke of our time :giraffe: one of the worst pop stars around.

I actually kind of like this... Not nearly as tight as Sway but I knew that would be the case with the way the singles were sounding. It's fun and mindless which is what I think she's best at. Also, the new track being added to it a week later isn't nearly that bad, it's already 9 tracks (Sway was 8 tracks, with one track added MONTHS later, and one being a cover of a Lorde song) so whatever way she decides to expand on it I'm fine with.

The meltdowns are appropriate but I already had them when she dropped Sway. Cursed to keep checking new releases though :emofish:

Lies, Bruises, and Show Me Love are fine. Free is a contender for WSOTY

Edited by SitarHero

1 hour ago, Diarrhoea said:

This album literally isn’t coherent at all. Sway had flaws in form/production/length but it has a consistent sound (other than, I guess, Mistakes, but at least that’s a decently good song) which this album lacks. The tracklist doesn’t flow at all (why is Bruises the final song? Why is Start Walking after Hardcore?) but there’s no way to put it together cohesively because it doesn’t work. She truly traded in 2017 algorithm-pop for 2020 algorithm-pop two years too late and didn’t even do the pastiche well. I retract every piece of praise I gave her after Kiddo, the biggest fluke of our time :giraffe: one of the worst pop stars around.

Only on atrl would Tove Styrke get these brutal lashings :deadbanana4: But maybe deserved after what she has put us Turkeys through.

Lemme bat a bit for Sway though, some of it was kind of ahead of the curve on the spotipop sound. I don't remember much sounding like Say My Name when it came out and it had its fair share of copycats over the next few years.

34 minutes ago, SitarHero said:

The meltdowns are appropriate but I already had them when she dropped Sway. Cursed to keep checking new releases though :emofish:

Lies, Bruises, and Show Me Love are fine. Free is a contender for WSOTY

It really is so bad. Why is she giving Emeli Sandé in 2022 :rip:

But yeah I'll be here when she releases again. Being chained to a third place 2010 Swedish Idol contestant for life is the nature of the homosexual curse.

omg i was introduced to tove from supporting marina a couple of weeks ago. she was so good and ive been excited to get to know her music more. 

have to admit, besides SW, YYY and SML im not really feeling the whole thing. but hearing everyone praising “kiddo” makes me curious to check that out :giraffe:

Why does everyone hate Free so much? I kinda like it? :chick1:

10 minutes ago, pavi said:

Why does everyone hate Free so much? I kinda like it? :chick1:

same :rip:

some of yall are overreacting fr

i like literally every song on here

lies is her best song since... kiddo i think.

(i'm overreacting)

… 

Messiness aside, I did thoroughly enjoy this album. The highs are so stellar they make the lows irrelevant. 

I wasn’t expecting a big pop moment after Sway so I’m glad she served us what she did. 

My trinity would be YouYouYou, 24H, and Show Me Love. 

the album is so all over the place :rip: it's serving Spotify playlist of alternative pop girls with each song being from a different artist :rip:

10 hours ago, skankle said:

Only on atrl would Tove Styrke get these brutal lashings :deadbanana4: But maybe deserved after what she has put us Turkeys through.

Lemme bat a bit for Sway though, some of it was kind of ahead of the curve on the spotipop sound. I don't remember much sounding like Say My Name when it came out and it had its fair share of copycats over the next few years.

Yeah, as much as I was annoyed at the time, it had some very good songs and presaged a whole shift in what came afterwards - like I see a direct through line between Sway and something like Mabel's debut album, particularly songs like Mad Love. It probably aged well for a glorified EP which was a big step down from her last album at the time, in a way that this will never do. :giraffe:

Bruises is smasha!

Youyouyou, Lies and SW are my faves. Still waiting for CMD 

I never heard of Cool Me Down. Where can I heart it? Did she perform it live?

YouYouYou is by far her best song ever. What a bop.

I don't know why you guys don't enjoy Free, I freaking love it!

8 minutes ago, aleksanderbgu said:

I never heard of Cool Me Down. Where can I heart it? Did she perform it live?

It was on the tracklist she posted but we haven’t heard it. It’ll apparently be out Friday!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.