Rih’s “Never Ending” is underrated

Click Clack

such a beautifully written song :weeps: 

I agree, it's always been the best song on Anti to me.

Is this the same that samples Thank You? I cant never hear the sample.

2 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I agree, it's always been the best song on Anti to me.

same!! definitely top 3 on the album for me 

19 minutes ago, Likingstars said:

Is this the same that samples Thank You? I cant never hear the sample.

Yes, it’s the melody of her voice at 0:22 that it’s supposedly similar to the “and I can’t see at all”/“I’m late for work again” lines 

I agree that its underatted, but its not the best on the album. LOTB is here, Desperado... Same person, brand new mistakes... so many gems

it would fit perfectly on folklore 

This song (and Closer to You) deserves all the praise people keep trying to throw to Higher. Perfect acoustic-pop track from Rih that really puts you in an emotional trance. A top track from Anti :smitten:

It pales in comparison to its sister track, thats the main problem :deadbanana2:

But also, the guitar in the beginning for some reason is low quality which drives me away from it too 

2 hours ago, Julia Fox said:

Yes, it’s the melody of her voice at 0:22 that it’s supposedly similar to the “and I can’t see at all”/“I’m late for work again” lines 

Oh, I hear it, but it's very subtle. 

2 minutes ago, Cherish said:

Oh, I hear it, but it's very subtle. 

Yeah… I assume she didn’t wanted to get plagiarism and comparisons statements and **** so she just added queen Dido to the writers and also helped her bank account which I found it amazing… also I remember Dido wrote a lot of tracks for R8 but I guess none of them made the cut but maybe she wanted to gave her some tribute for writing songs for her so that’s why Never Ending born

Edited by Julia Fox

2 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Yeah… I assume she didn’t wanted to get plagiarism and comparisons statements and **** so she just added queen Dido to the writers and also helped her bank account which I found it amazing… also I remember Dido wrote a lot of tracks for R8 but I guess none of them made the cut but maybe she wanted to gave her some tribute for writing songs for her so that’s why Never Ending born

Wait, I didn't know that. That's actually amazing :jonnycat: 

Such an amazing song! :jonny3: The actual Album of the Year :clap3:

Close To You outstreamed and outsold.

This and Close to You are some of my favorites from ANTI :jonny:

It's a masterpiece. To be honest the end of the album is perfect. 

I wrote this song off when I first listened to anti and for the first at least 6 months, but it has grown on me a ton. It makes me want to roam in a field and escape life lol

Yeah this song is so beautiful and atmospheric.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.