Fantastic Four (2024) | Matt Shakman to direct

Kisuke

Fantastic Four have got to be the most boring and overrated heroes ever. Right next to Superman. 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Lovett

• Broken

• Almodusa

5 hours ago, Cheers said:

Fantastic Four have got to be the most boring and overrated heroes ever. Right next to Superman. 

Yeah they are boring because they represent the classic ideal superhero team. I hope Marvel is the first Studio to actually make them compelling and work on the big screen. I feel they will give each character a gimmick so they are more relatable and funny. 

Spoiler

John krasinski is a boring and horrible choice for reed richards

For example

Spoiler

I like how Multiverse of Madness hinted at a gimmick. Mr. fantastic is supposed to be the smartest human ever, but he makes stupid decisions ? I actually could see that being a running gag, like he states the obvious and is actually a bad leader. The opposite of Tony Stark! Human Torch should be an egomaniac and narcissistic, but cast a Hot actor so he still has a rabid fan base that supports him no matter what he says. Sue Storm can be the true leader and brains behind the team. And the Thing can be like drax. Comic relief and references that his only superpower is that he is a rock. It would spice things up if Marvel just goes full comdey instead of making then bland archetypes. 

I wonder if they'll break the curse.. 

23 hours ago, ALittleGauche said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So… Emily Blunt?

I hope so! :duca:

On 5/12/2022 at 12:45 PM, Cheers said:

I don't see the appeal them either, but tbh they (and X-Men) have the best villains, so I always think they are justifiable for that nn

Marvel would only fumble this one if they want, cause they have the recipe for success if they take a page from The Incredibles.

This movie franchise is cursed. How many flop iterations do we need….

Fantastic 4 will be the last movie in Phase 4 of the MCU. The rumor draft script of them being from the 1960’s and getting stuck the quantum realm seems to be real. More Info will be revealed in Antman 3 

Not another movie set in the past, it wouldn't be that difficult to make them a team of people in their late 30's with sue's brother being in his 20's. :deadbanana4:

On 5/5/2022 at 5:42 PM, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Heard a Great concept for the Script of the MCU Fantastic 4! 

Hide contents

The film takes place in the 1960’s and Mr. Fantastic is a leading Scientist recruited by Shield/US Government to explore space  as an astronaut. He brings along fiancé: Sue storm, Brother in law to be: Johnny Storm and best friend: Ben Grim for the expedition. However there are Russian Hydra agents on board that disrupt the space trip and cause the Space shuttle to become inoperable. The first half of the film is a Family drama/ Comedy as each member faces doubts of the upcoming wedding while trying to survive floating in space. They enter a Field of quantum energy that gives them powers. however on their way back to earth they are stuck in stasis for 40 years by a Cosmic presence causing them to not age or move. Thanos snap in infinity war erases the presence and Mr. fantastic develops a way for them to work together and escape the realm. They return to earth in 2024 and find out that 40 years have past and Avengers are worshipped as celebrities. Johnny storm uses this opportunity to become famous, while the Thing and mr. Fantastic try to avoid it. The Fantastic four characters are technically from the 60’s so they spend the rest of the movie adjusting to modern society and facing off against the cosmic creature that imprisoned them for decades. The avengers team up with the first family and tell them about a new threat incoming; Galactus. 

its cute but i just want them to expand on their first 3 issues in the comics.

they dont even got to do all of that :gaycat6:

• 3 months later...
On 5/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Yeah they are boring because they represent the classic ideal superhero team. I hope Marvel is the first Studio to actually make them compelling and work on the big screen. I feel they will give each character a gimmick so they are more relatable and funny. 

please don't give them any ideas to make this a live action the incredibles please. no gimmicks or jokes. they're the FANTASTIC FOUR not the flop four.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:32 PM, Gorjesspazze9 said:

For example

Hide contents

I like how Multiverse of Madness hinted at a gimmick. Mr. fantastic is supposed to be the smartest human ever, but he makes stupid decisions ? I actually could see that being a running gag, like he states the obvious and is actually a bad leader. The opposite of Tony Stark! Human Torch should be an egomaniac and narcissistic, but cast a Hot actor so he still has a rabid fan base that supports him no matter what he says. Sue Storm can be the true leader and brains behind the team. And the Thing can be like drax. Comic relief and references that his only superpower is that he is a rock. It would spice things up if Marvel just goes full comdey instead of making then bland archetypes. 

jfc absolutely not. turning the genius leader into a joke? the human torch into a nate jacobs? thing into a groot? the only thing i was of you saying was having Sue be HBIC

20 hours ago, BadMonster said:

Rumour on Twitter has it they've talked to Penn Badgley for the role of Reed Richards

oh i wouldn't be opposed to this at all. blake lively for sue storm, chace crawford for human torch and leighton meester for nova

40 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

please don't give them any ideas to make this a live action the incredibles please. no gimmicks or jokes. they're the FANTASTIC FOUR not the flop four.

jfc absolutely not. turning the genius leader into a joke? the human torch into a nate jacobs? thing into a groot? the only thing i was of you saying was having Sue be HBIC

oh i wouldn't be opposed to this at all. blake lively for sue storm, chace crawford for human torch and leighton meester for nova

I don’t know, we had 3 basic fantastic four films and they all were critically panned. The last one flop, and there were no jokes in it. If marvel sticks with a safe boring film, it will criticize for playing it safe. Do we really want to see Richard play the same role and have the personality of Tony and docter strange? It would feel like a re-has in my opinion 

Edited by Gorjesspazze9

Just now, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I don’t know, we had 3 basic fantastic four films and they all were critically panned. The last one flop, and there were no jokes in it. If marvel sticks with a safe boring film, it will criticize for playing it safe. 

you can find a balance without making a mockery of the original source material. this property is huge and has every right to be an epic spectacle. 

9 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

you can find a balance without making a mockery of the original source material. this property is huge and has every right to be an epic spectacle. 

I hope so. I have high expectations for the cinematics and how well the family dynamic is. 

14 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

I hope so. I have high expectations for the cinematics and how well the family dynamic is. 

agreed. btw love your vibes btw <3 

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, P!nk said:

Can they not leave this flop alone? We don’t need yet another reboot.

Feel free to just not watch it lol. There are a lot of people looking forward to it

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.