Going to Barcelona and Madrid with my bf!!! HELP!

Spartan528

2 hours ago, Queen Riri. said:

How much were the flights and all that stuff

I’m flying from Tampa and tickets are in the 700s

4 minutes ago, Spartan528 said:

WHEW CHILE!

I have been living in Madrid for almost 2 years now, and it's absolutely lovely :heart:

Barcelona is cute, very different from Madrid, and I didn't get to discover the whole "Barcelona experience" that everyone loves, not sure where that experience is, but it is still a very lovely city.

If you have any questions or anything, hit me up.

21 hours ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

I live in Barcelona. Hmu for some tips. @Skirtalready said the essencial I think.

Welcome to one of the best cities in the world and I hope you and your boyfriend are open cause imagine coming to Barcelona and not having a piece of some of the best specimens on earth :party:.

—-

I’m also going to Primavera Sound weekend 2 :duca:

Hey I’m currently in Barcelona what gay nightclubs would you recommend?

48 minutes ago, Barovi said:

Hey I’m currently in Barcelona what gay nightclubs would you recommend?

Safari is the most popular one it plays pop music and there’s also an electronic room, it’s def the biggest and more known one so if you enjoy pop music it’s def the one to go. There’s also Believe club but I don’t know how it is I just know there’s a lot of drag queen shows.  I actually don’t know any other gay club, there was Arena and Metro but they both closed during the pandemic. I don’t think there’s any other lol, just sex clubs and bars. Then there’s a lot of bars that play music in the gay neighbourhood like Wings and El Cangrejo, bars usually close at 3am while clubs close at 6am.

I usually don’t go to gay clubs/bars here cause I don’t have patience for the regina  georgey white muscled vibe that the gays have here. Good thing about Barcelona is that there are gays everywhere so there’s no need to go particularly to a gay club to find them. Much prefer Sala Apolo that is not particularly a gay club but it’s very queer friendly and more diverse. One of the most fun queer parties is Churros con Chocolate there that is usually on Sundays (starts at 5pm and ends at 6am). There’s also Maricas in Sala Upload if you enjoy techno. There’s Glove Party as well which plays disco music, it’s pretty fun 

Edited by Last Boy on Earth

1 hour ago, Last Boy on Earth said:

Safari is the most popular one it plays pop music and there’s also an electronic room, it’s def the biggest and more known one so if you enjoy pop music it’s def the one to go. There’s also Believe club but I don’t know how it is I just know there’s a lot of drag queen shows.  I actually don’t know any other gay club, there was Arena and Metro but they both closed during the pandemic. I don’t think there’s any other lol, just sex clubs and bars. Then there’s a lot of bars that play music in the gay neighbourhood like Wings and El Cangrejo, bars usually close at 3am while clubs close at 6am.

I usually don’t go to gay clubs/bars here cause I don’t have patience for the regina  georgey white muscled vibe that the gays have here. Good thing about Barcelona is that there are gays everywhere so there’s no need to go particularly to a gay club to find them. Much prefer Sala Apolo that is not particularly a gay club but it’s very queer friendly and more diverse. One of the most fun queer parties is Churros con Chocolate there that is usually on Sundays (starts at 5pm and ends at 6am). There’s also Maricas in Sala Upload if you enjoy techno. There’s Glove Party as well which plays disco music, it’s pretty fun 

Thank you I’ll keep all this in mind!

Barcelona is great, genuinely my favourite European city and so much to do. Make sure to go into the mountains and see Tibidabo and Montserrat. The view of the mountains from Montserrat is breathtaking. Be careful as there’s a lot of pickpockets and avoid eating/drinking at Las Ramblas. It’s all low quality and over-priced. Go a bit further out.

I didn’t think there was much to do in Madrid but it’s very pretty and has great food. Parque del Retiro was amazing. Also you can do a day trip to Toledo.

14 hours ago, Robert said:

Barcelona is great, genuinely my favourite European city and so much to do. Make sure to go into the mountains and see Tibidabo and Montserrat. The view of the mountains from Montserrat is breathtaking. Be careful as there’s a lot of pickpockets and avoid eating/drinking at Las Ramblas. It’s all low quality and over-priced. Go a bit further out.

I didn’t think there was much to do in Madrid but it’s very pretty and has great food. Parque del Retiro was amazing. Also you can do a day trip to Toledo.

Oh wow, great tips! I’m an outdoors type of person so I’ll definitely consider going to the mountains! Thanks! ?? 

On 5/5/2022 at 3:54 PM, Spartan528 said:

Did you check the travel requirements to go to Spain? 

5 hours ago, Sesame said:

Did you check the travel requirements to go to Spain? 

yeah, just need to be vaccinated and show proof of it

El Raval is a must visit

4 hours ago, Pendulum said:

El Raval is a must visit

Whats this?

I’ve lived in both for years.

had a blast at Barcelona. Amazing years will never forget. But then life isn’t a holiday 365 days. Student life is totally different when you start working. That’s where Madrid shines. Your day to day life, the people, the city, the night life. Love Madrid, wouldn’t change it for anything and that’s where I’m growing old basically.

On 5/8/2022 at 10:40 AM, Joster said:

I’ve lived in both for years.

had a blast at Barcelona. Amazing years will never forget. But then life isn’t a holiday 365 days. Student life is totally different when you start working. That’s where Madrid shines. Your day to day life, the people, the city, the night life. Love Madrid, wouldn’t change it for anything and that’s where I’m growing old basically.

Thanks for the insight, I think Im leaning more towards Madrid but want to be 100% sure, so thats why im going to both cities to make my final decision after

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.