• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Newt

• fauxtography

• oilheiress

55 minutes ago, Khal said:

Sounds like a Katy Perry lyric that was translated to another language, then translated back to English.

:deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

the songs sound so dated :rip: the lyrics are super cringe, i thought she was like a japanese björk .. was about to listen to fantom :lmao:

Japanese Bjork would be more like...Sheena Ringo or someone. (stream Kalk Samen)

Although you could put some of Bjork's lines like "I'm no ******* Buddhist" or "how Scandinavian of me" in the OP video and they wouldn't seem misplaced. Or this banger:

What's the lesser of two evils:
If a suicide bomber
Made to look pregnant
Manages to kill her target
Or not?

:deadbanana:

Edited by mandynasty

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

It's hilarious to watch her fans paint her as some sort of Japanese Bjork with an AC-leaning new album just because it's less generic than her others.

Namie will always be the Queen of JPop with a better discography. Her prime run and constant experimentation, phew.

This take… :bibliahh: :bibliahh: Namie’s best album doesn’t even compare to Utada’s song about a ******* stuffed bear 

Experimentation? You mean doing the same exact music trends (yet worse) as American pop stars, 3 years too late? Please spare me :bibliahh:

Edited by scenekiller

1 minute ago, mandynasty said:

Although you could put some of Bjork's lines like "I'm no ******* Buddhist" or "how Scandinavian of me" in the OP video and they wouldn't seem misplaced

These  songs are amazing and  have great lyrics (especially hunter) so I dont know what you trying to do here :biblio:

5 minutes ago, scenekiller said:

This take… :bibliahh: :bibliahh: Namie’s best album doesn’t even compare to Utada’s song about a ******* stuffed bear 

Experimentation? You mean doing the same exact music trends (yet worse) as American pop stars, 3 years too late? Please spare me :bibliahh:

You must be the type of Utada stan who thinks she’s the Bjork of JPop while making the same bland AC album 10 times. And quality-wise? Sweetie, just listen to the OP. 

There’s a reason critics dubbed Namie the Janet/Madonna and Queen of J-Pop. 

2 minutes ago, Raptus said:

These  songs are amazing and  have great lyrics (especially hunter) so I dont know what you trying to do here :biblio:

I love them too. Quirkiness in pop music is a feature, not a problem.

• ATRL Moderator

LOOOOL I knew some of these would show up when I saw the title. Her US albums have some BOPS, but the lyrics always made me scream :ahh:

Everyone go stream Kremlin Dusk and This One (Crying Like A Child).

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

It's hilarious to watch her fans paint her as some sort of Japanese Bjork with an AC-leaning new album just because it's less generic than her others.

Namie will always be the Queen of JPop with a better discography. Her prime run and constant experimentation, phew.

The way I knew I will find your OHUH ass in here. :deadbanana2:

Y'all are not about to slander my username.

Exodus was a fantastic album. Way ahead of it's time and very self-conscious.

She IS the one and only Queen of Japan. 

2 hours ago, Protocol said:

Not her telling the gays to burn :bibliahh:Madonna Killers Who Are Partying teas

Utadallah snapped i fear :jonny6:

4 hours ago, suburbannature said:

she's slightly overrated among western audiences but her discog is quite cute tbh, there are just so many japanese female pop icons...they've been consistently delivering pop queens dating back to the city pop days all the way to the mid 00s... then idk what happened :gaycat6:

On and On, Dirty Desire and Poppin' are BOPS though. I love the This Is The One album. 

Also Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence FYI where she sings about sipping chardonnay from 2pm on a working day. The unconventional lyrics are kind of endearing :toofunny3:

Hunnies, if you're gay

Burn it up, like a gay parade

Instantly iconic, for me :ahh: 

1 hour ago, mandynasty said:

Japanese Bjork would be more like...Sheena Ringo or someone. (stream Kalk Samen)

Although you could put some of Bjork's lines like "I'm no ******* Buddhist" or "how Scandinavian of me" in the OP video and they wouldn't seem misplaced. Or this banger:

:deadbanana:

tbh girls like Chara or UA or even Yuki fit the description better... Sheena is polyvalent. 

that tasteless hunty coming for queen namie :priceless: 

4 hours ago, suburbannature said:

well for one thing Namie doesn't even write her own songs. she has zero artistry. basically the Japanese Rihanna. you can't compare her discography to a singer-songwriter like Utada :rip:

o.t. the English lyrics are messy because she used the same writing style as her Japanese songs. it just doesn't translate well to English.

this is also why the English KH songs have more simplified lyrics than the originals. just compare the lyrics of Passion to Sanctuary.

5 minutes ago, popmusicisdead said:

well for one thing Namie doesn't even write her own songs. she has zero artistry. basically the Japanese Rihanna. you can't compare her discography to a singer-songwriter like Utada :rip:

o.t. the English lyrics are messy because she used the same writing style as her Japanese songs. it just doesn't translate well to English.

this is also why the English KH songs have more simplified lyrics than the originals. just compare the lyrics of Passion to Sanctuary.

most singers around the world don't write their own lyrics it's just americans thinking tis the end all be all when they be serving illitracy most of the time chile

anyways cute vocals, charisma and a captivating aura >>>> goofy ass self written lyrics :)

Literally all of these lyrics are legendary. "Hunnys if you're gay turn it up like a gay parade" or whatever it is is just so on the nose and hilarious I HAVE to stan haha.

1 hour ago, feelslikeadream said:

Everyone go stream Kremlin Dusk

UGH that song is such a classic, I'm shaking thinking about it :jonny5:

They're parent :heart2:

icon thingz. :giraffe:

13 minutes ago, oilheiress said:

most singers around the world don't write their own lyrics it's just americans thinking tis the end all be all when they be serving illitracy most of the time chile

anyways cute vocals, charisma and a captivating aura >>>> goofy ass self written lyrics :)

Not a robotic American pop star KNOCK OFF with FLAT vocals having charisma and a captivating aura :bibliahh: raise your standards

Edited by scenekiller

4 hours ago, CBC said:

:clap3:Her best lyrics :clap3:

QXDwUd9.gif

Ngl this part was such a BOP :katie2:. Let me go listen to the whole album now :mandown:

Iconic :clap3: Idk why people consider them Japanese Björk since their overall style is quite mainstream and not that alt in the j-pop scene

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.